News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My new Vanity plate is in, I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, January 02, 2008, 05:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

O.K, here we go with more drama. I ordered a vanity plate for my charger shortly after I got it. I wanted RT.SE.  I mailed out to the State of CT the proper paper work and 90.00 fee :yesnod: .  The State of CT sent my check and paperwork back saying I need to wait 8 weeks after my first charger registration and sent everything back  :-\ .  I waited a little longer and sent it again, they sent it back  :shruggy:.  I waited another month and sent it again, finally the check clears and today, many months later my long awaited special plate comes to my house  :woohoo:.  I was so excited, my wife calls and says, your plate is here.  Really!  Does it say RT.SE:icon_smile_big:  No.  What?  It says SERT.  SERT? I ask?  Yes.  You mean SERT!  SERT?  No dot in the middle?  My charger is going to say SERT on the back?  Are you kidding me?   :eyes: Hold on, let me look she says,  Oh yea, SE.RT  :hah:    :smilielol:  ( that's her laughing, not me) So I ask for RT.SE and get SE.RT?  I went on the DMV site and RT.SE is availbale.  :shruggy:  What would you do, would you call them and have it changed , probably at your expense.  Or let it go?  :icon_smile_question: I look at it this way and probably will let it slide.  Here we go.  Even though "I" think RT should be in front of the trim package letters SE , I remember when I had my SS (Super Sport) RS (Rally sport) Pace car, I called it a RS/SS, not SS/RS.  That made me feel a little better.  1) Would you wait 8 more weeks and pay another 90.00 and change it, or let it ride?  2).  Show me your plate!!  :yesnod:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Charger-Bodie

heres mine !!

Id make them do it the way you wanted it to start with .....se rt just dont sound right
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Brock Samson

though what they sert ya'   :smilielol: ain't so bad, i'd have them make it right... it's their goof, they should fix it...

(can you get "R/TS.E.") ?

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 1hot68 on January 02, 2008, 05:34:19 PM
heres mine !!

Id make them do it the way you wanted it to start with .....se rt just dont sound right
Oh, I was hoping you weren't going to say that.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

bill440rt

I would use some as-sert-ive action & let them make it right.

BTW, 1hot68 & I have the obvious vanity plates!  :2thumbs:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Paul G

Try to make them change it. SE.RT just doesnt look right. You paid $90 for it. Make them get it right.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

Khyron

yeah, sounds like DMV in-SERT-ed it right in yer bum :nana:

hey, I had to get on the bandwagon too ;)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

NYCMille

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: NYCMille on January 02, 2008, 06:05:36 PM
....  :2thumbs:  ....
Not to sure about the plate ( I'd move over fast if you were behind me with that thing)  but what a great front end shot!

MGBRingo

njsteve

You think you got it bad? I ordered RARE TA for my 72 Trans Am and got RAPE TA. I guess the prisoner making the plates got a kick out of that one. Of course DMV then altered the paperwork to show I must have ordered it that way. It took about 8 weeks to get it fixed.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: bill440rt on January 02, 2008, 05:50:06 PM
I would use some as-sert-ive action & let them make it right.

BTW, 1hot68 & I have the obvious vanity plates!  :2thumbs:

Hey Bill, look.....no grey stripes!! ;)

PS---heres mine...not on the Charger though
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

bull

1969chargerrtse

squeakfinder

Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: njsteve on January 02, 2008, 08:06:40 PM
You think you got it bad? I ordered RARE TA for my 72 Trans Am and got RAPE TA. I guess the prisoner making the plates got a kick out of that one. Of course DMV then altered the paperwork to show I must have ordered it that way. It took about 8 weeks to get it fixed.
Steve, thrilled to have you aboard!  You didn't tell me you joined.  :boogie: This is one of my friends, guys and girls, Steve.S  He has so much to offer ( 70 Hemi Charger, and tons of knowledge and skill ) and funny as all get out.  Thrilled to have you Steve, there are so many wonderful and talented people on this site.  Welcome aboard. :2thumbs:

Brock Samson

bull

69_500

I'd send the plate back to them, and either have them change it, or just go to a regular plate.

I request XX29L9B for my personalized plate, and the DMV here in Indiana did a search and said it was available. So I mailed in my check and waited. January is when the personalized plates are mailed out each year. This will make the 3rd year of waiting and paying the $45 application fee. So far I've never seen a single personalized plate other than one that came back saying 69CHGR500 which is in no way shape or form what I asked for. But it wasn't all that bad so I rode around with that one for a year.

kylem4711

1970 dodge charger rt 440 4-speed
1973 plymouth barracuda 4-speed

Todd Wilson

Ghoste

If you don't change it you'll have to continually answer questions from the general public wanting to know what a SERT is.  Rt SE, they might get but the other, I just can't see most people getting it.

Brock Samson

actually to me and my twisted, sick mind, kinda left of center and just a wee bit off,.. That looks alot like Raped Ape, and is really kinda' cool...

it'd go nice on this er' ride...

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on January 02, 2008, 08:33:13 PM
Steve, thrilled to have you aboard!  You didn't tell me you joined.  :boogie: This is one of my friends, guys and girls, Steve.S  He has so much to offer ( 70 Hemi Charger, and tons of knowledge and skill ) and funny as all get out.  Thrilled to have you Steve, there are so many wonderful and talented people on this site.  Welcome aboard. :2thumbs:

Welcome to the site Steve :cheers:

:drool5: over your 70 Hemi Charger at Carlisle last year......just think...only 7 more months till this years Carlisle! 
Chris' '69 Charger R/T