News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rebuild of detroit locker sure grip

Started by AmadeusCharger500, January 01, 2008, 11:54:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmadeusCharger500

Where can I find instructions on how to do this and where is a good place to get a new clutch pack?

Ghoste

If nobody here has a more direct answer maybe there is a Ford based online equivalent to Moparts, there would be a good chance of finding it there.  If neither of those work I can get access to some Ford fsm's and scan it for you.

68charger440

Quote from: AmadeusCharger500 on January 01, 2008, 11:54:03 AM
Where can I find instructions on how to do this and where is a good place to get a new clutch pack?
Did you ever get a good set of instructions for rebuilding the sure grip?  I need to do mine.
When someone is absolutely 100% sure they know exactly what your problem is and how to fix it, it's time to ask someone else!

terrible one

The FSM has good/ detailed instructions regarding the entire unit if Im remebering right. Just talking about the suregrip unit there is not much special to it aside from the order/ direction the clutches and plates go in and there is a good picture of that in there.

68charger440

Quote from: terrible one on July 25, 2014, 11:29:31 PM
The FSM has good/ detailed instructions regarding the entire unit if Im remebering right. Just talking about the suregrip unit there is not much special to it aside from the order/ direction the clutches and plates go in and there is a good picture of that in there.
Thanks... Do you recall if you need a press ore any specialty tools?
When someone is absolutely 100% sure they know exactly what your problem is and how to fix it, it's time to ask someone else!

Ghoste

Torque wrench.  (I think the shop manual mentions any specialty tools)

John_Kunkel

Detroit Locker or Sure-Grip? They ain't the same.

For factory Powr-Lock parts see Doc Diff.

http://www.doctordiff.com/powr-lok-clutch-pack.html
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

68charger440

Quote from: John_Kunkel on July 26, 2014, 11:45:41 AM

Detroit Locker or Sure-Grip? They ain't the same.

For factory Powr-Lock parts see Doc Diff.

http://www.doctordiff.com/powr-lok-clutch-pack.html
I'm not sure about the original poster, but for me it is a power lok sure grip.  I didn't catch the original poster's Detroit locker reference.