News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stephens Performance has a lot of cars

Started by Chatt69chgr, January 02, 2008, 04:20:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chatt69chgr

Someone told me that Stephens Performance had a lot of cars.  So just for the heck of it, I used Google Earth to take a look.  The address to use is 9321 HWY 207, Anderson, AL 35610.  He says he is exclusively Mopar in his ads.  If this is true, you can quickly see where all the cars in the SE United States went.  He must have over a thousand cars.  Plus there are tractor trailer trailers on the East end that I heard are packed full of some of the best stuff.  You can plainly see those too.  And he is still buying.  I know a person in Clinton, TN that sold him a 68 charger complete out of a barn for $3500 about a year ago.   Said he called Stephens up and he was up there pronto with a trailer.  This is sort of like the Black Holes you read about in space.  Except this is a Mopar Black Hole.   

41husk

Yep! and they want a premium for those parts, supply and demand.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

69charger2002

Quote from: Chatt69chgr on January 02, 2008, 04:20:06 PM
.  And he is still buying.  I know a person in Clinton, TN that sold him a 68 charger complete out of a barn for $3500 about a year ago.   Said he called Stephens up and he was up there pronto with a trailer.  This is sort of like the Black Holes you read about in space.  Except this is a Mopar Black Hole.   

why wouldn't he still be buying... he sells one tiny part off of one of those cars, and the rest is free/pure profit. he was mopar capitalism when it wasn't cool yet.. by the way he didn't get ALL the chargers in the southeast damnit.. i have worked very hard at being FAST getting deals on chargers.. and have gotten 125 of them in 10 years.. not bad considering i came into the game WAY late in 1997
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 69charger2002 on January 02, 2008, 07:50:47 PM
Quote from: Chatt69chgr on January 02, 2008, 04:20:06 PM
.  And he is still buying.  I know a person in Clinton, TN that sold him a 68 charger complete out of a barn for $3500 about a year ago.   Said he called Stephens up and he was up there pronto with a trailer.  This is sort of like the Black Holes you read about in space.  Except this is a Mopar Black Hole.   

why wouldn't he still be buying... he sells one tiny part off of one of those cars, and the rest is free/pure profit. he was mopar capitalism when it wasn't cool yet.. by the way he didn't get ALL the chargers in the southeast damnit.. i have worked very hard at being FAST getting deals on chargers.. and have gotten 125 of them in 10 years.. not bad considering i came into the game WAY late in 1997
trav

Dont worry Trav, I still think you have too many!  :hah:  :D  :icon_smile_wink:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Old Moparz

Quote from: 69charger2002 on January 02, 2008, 07:50:47 PM

trav

That's very true, I called there way, way, back (From a Hemmings ad in the 1980's I think) for something only once & got a quote on one part that was just as much, or maybe higher, than what a parts car sold for at the time. They have a lot of stuff because they definitely don't sell much at their prices.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

66mopar

It's really a shame that Stephens has two or three thousand mopars just lying out in a field rusting away. I understand he is running a business and wants to make a fortune but how can he watch his mopars just rust away rather than sell parts at a decent price. I live in the south and car bodies laying out in a field in Alabama are not like setting out in Arizona they tend to rust away very quickly. It's too bad that most of the cars he owns that could be restored will never be restored because of one man's greed.   

onebadmopar

ive been to stephens yard once and ive called for some parts via phone wich is almost impossible to get some one to answer and i,ll never buy anything from him no matter how bad i need it i found them to be very rude and unprofessional and very over priced only reason i even tried him is because their so close to me  about an hours drive but i just assume drive to texas to get my parts from now on... i understand he has a businuess to run no problem with that but if i ran my businuess like he runs his ..i,d be on the soup line

hemi-hampton

I was just their at Stephens Performance last week picking up Parts. From the Newspaper Article in office it said he had over 58 acres of over 2,000 Mopars. While their 10 years ago I found him very Rude. BUT, On my last recent visit he was much more Friendly & co operative. YES, Prices way to high but if your Desperate you'll buy, These are the people they sell to, Desperate or Rich & Stupid. LEON. :scratchchin:

onebadmopar

ive talked to ted before it wasnt him thatwas rude was his help wich i assume is his sons