News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DC.com vs. FABO.com

Started by 69Chrgr, December 30, 2007, 09:47:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69Chrgr

Hey guys, why don't we have a friendly grudge match DC.com vs. ForAbodiesOnly.com. BigBlock B's against smallblock A's. I think this would be fun! I love both sites and the great people at these two sites would make for a great friendly race somewhere. Any takers? What do ya'll think?

hemihead

Why not an RB A Body ? Or a Hemi A Body ?  I do know of an A Body  LA engine car that will clean up on alot of RB B Bodies here. You guys really should show the LA motors more respect. Besides, I would rather embarass Generic Motors cars than another Mopar  :2thumbs:
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

RD

that would be neat... but it will most likely take place in one of two places... east coast or west coast.. us central US people are too far and between to get something like that going
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

dukeboy_318

Quote from: RD on December 30, 2007, 11:33:23 AM
that would be neat... but it will most likely take place in one of two places... east coast or west coast.. us central US people are too far and between to get something like that going

:iagree:
1978 Dodge Power Wagon W200 4x4- 408 stroker/4spd
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. 440 project in the works.

JR

How about we both team up against some GM or Ford site.

Honestly in a drag race I'd put my money on the big block A body 100 percent of the time. The same engine and 1000 pounds less weight. I wouldn't race against one. Even 340 abodys have a similar or better power to weight ratio.

We do have more style though. :coolgleamA:
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

69Chrgr

I was thinking more Smallblock A bodies vs Bigblock B bodies. I have both, so I'm not partial to either, however the ForAbodiesOnly.com website kind of mirrors this one, just geared more towards smallblocks and A bodies. Great bunch of Moparites though, just like here. They are my favorite two places.

HITMAN 149

I agree.....
1000 lbs is a BIG difference!!!!!!!!!!
yea,...i 'd rather pick on a ford or camaro!!! LOL
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

69bronzeT5

I think we'd win with Mr. Angry or a member's 69 HEMI R/T :yesnod:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

A383Wing

I had a 66 Dart GT with 273-4bbl.....that car would kick all of my big block Chargers to the ground.

Bryan

HITMAN 149

i love the 70-72 darts!!! they are like lil pocket rockets!!!!!!! i almost bought one off a friend of mine in high school ot had a 318 in it!  :brickwall:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

tomt

I just joined this site. I'm a FABO dude. This site seems just as friendly and we both can pick up good general info from each other. I'll be reading this site daily also. BTW - luv my '68 dart post w/340+
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side."

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

charger_mike75

my brother is a member of FABO he's got a hot '68 4 door dart I helped him resurrect, He goes by the name dragginmaster. I spend some time on that site as well. Heres a pic of his ride.

71ChallengeHer

My brother is a member of FABO also. He goes by Scamper340. He's has a 71 Scamp. If he ever gets it finished. :slap:

TUFCAT

I had a 1973 Duster 340 - with BALLS. It was a BUILT 340 that looked 100% bone stock - as did the entire car. I wish I would have kept it, but I had another 67 Coronet at the time, and this survivor came along, and I needed the extra cash to buy it...so goodbye Duster. I never had it down the strip. On the street, it would leave a hickey in the divers seat. I think it would have done extremely well in  F.A.S.T racing, and I definitely would have raced that car if I kept it because this car was set up as a really clean, sleeper 340....man, I love those 340 Dusters!!

69Chrgr

See, it's like we introduced two sibling separated at birth. Now we can live in harmony and share info, regardless of SB,BB, A body, Bbody and kick some GM and FoMoCo butt! Seriously, these two sites mirror each other! Awesome!

skip68

Will there be free drinks and hotdogs? ? ?  If so, I'm in.   :icon_smile_big:  Chuck.....
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

TUFCAT

Quote from: 69Chrgr on December 30, 2007, 09:34:12 PM

Now we can live in harmony and share info, regardless of SB,BB, A body, Bbody and kick some GM and FoMoCo butt! Seriously, these two sites mirror each other! Awesome!

Amen brother.  :2thumbs:

AdamR

Hi guys, Just signed up. Im he Admin at FABO. Im all in for some  friendly grudge match racing.     :2thumbs: 
71 Dart 360-4 speed

Troy

Quote from: AdamR on December 31, 2007, 11:31:49 AM
Hi guys, Just signed up. Im he Admin at FABO. Im all in for some  friendly grudge match racing.     :2thumbs: 
Funny, I spent half the day yesterday over there (but I'm not registered). Welcome to the site! :wave:

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Jon Smith

Since I have the only A body I know of in my home town, and one of very few b bodies, I'll race myself :icon_smile_big:
think the 493 charger might have a good chance against the 318 barracuda  :2thumbs:

Brock Samson

Spike

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/

Joined there a while ago, same user name. Just don't post there a whole lot and I own a 68 340 Dart vert.

69Chrgr

Quote from: AdamR on December 31, 2007, 11:31:49 AM
Hey AdamR, welcome to my other home. You'll love it here as well. If we could all find one place to meet, I think it would be awesome.

AdamR

I will try and post a few pictures of my old 74, 400 4bbl Charger.  Thanks for the welcome  :2thumbs:
71 Dart 360-4 speed