News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

NHL Winter Classic...WHAT A DAY!!!

Started by THE COLONEL, January 03, 2008, 04:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE COLONEL

The atmosphere of this game was amazing.  Here are some pics that I took from the game with a friend of mine.  For anyone that did not know, The Pittsburgh Penguins played the Buffalo sabres on New Years Day, inside Ralph Wilson Stadium, the home of the Buffalo Bills.  I will post a few pics, but if anyone wants to see the entire inventory of pics, click my photobucket link here: http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/TheColonel01/?start=0

"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

skip68

I watched part of that game.  :2thumbs: Man, it had to be freezing with an open arena and snow falling too! Your obviously braver than most!!!!! :cheers: Did you boy go too?
Mrs.Skip68 ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Dans 68

Very cool (no pun intended  ::) ). It would be difficult, I think to really watch a hockey game from so far away. I'm used to being up a lot closer when I see my Sharks play. Other that being so far away, it looked like a good time. Old time Hockey, and all that . :2thumbs:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Shakey

You went to that!   :punkrocka:

I would have loved to have gone.  71,000 + fans, not too cold, a light snow and a great atmosphere and the game was a good one as well.

My Brother went to the one in Edmonton.

You're photos are cool also.

THE COLONEL

Thanks guys.  My son did not go, because I wasn't sure how cold it would get, but it was not bad at all.  It was about 30-32 degrees until the third period, then it took a tumble, but not near as far as the one in Edmonton.  Now that would have been cold!!! :yesnod:

RD

the hansen brothers (from the movie slap shot) are going to play in the Topeka Roadrunners game on Saturday here in Kansas... I cannot make it, have a car club meeting, but man... I love watching those guys kick a55!  they are actually going to play for the roadrunners in a semipro hockey game.

i know its not as glamorous as what you NHL guys get to go see, but hey... its kansas.. and well we almost got the penguins :D
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

hemihead

Good game . Way too much Crosby hype on NBC though . Malkin is THE man.  :2thumbs:
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Lowprofile

Excellent Post bro! That looked like a lot of fun! :2thumbs:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

THE COLONEL

Quote from: Lowprofile on January 04, 2008, 02:26:13 PMThat looked like a lot of fun! :2thumbs:

You have no idea!!!!!  I could have watched two more games.  What a time. :coolgleamA:

dodgecharger-fan

I watched some of that onTV.
It was a great event by all accounts. The best part is that it was a real game this time.

There was an unwritten rule at the Edmonton game: "It's too cold to be hitting. Someone will get hurt. So lay off.."

Not so in this game.