News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

clearancing

Started by dukeboy_318, December 28, 2007, 06:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dukeboy_318

Im getting ready to order my stroker kit from 440source.com which is a 470 kit based on a 400 BB and i was just curious if any one had tried this kit before and if so, how much if any, the block had to be clearanced to get the crank in??? :shruggy:
1978 Dodge Power Wagon W200 4x4- 408 stroker/4spd
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. 440 project in the works.

RD

search for challenger340 's threads, he has machined strokers before.. if not, pm him.. he will give you the skinny
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Bandit72

i don't think the 470 requires any clearancing if you use the 440source kit...but i may be wrong
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

firefighter3931

Quote from: Bandit72 on December 29, 2007, 01:32:57 AM
i don't think the 470 requires any clearancing if you use the 440source kit...but i may be wrong

That is correct.....the 440 Source crank has the counterweights turned down so there is no block clearancing required.  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Challenger340

It's just good practise to mock up any stroker combination, at least once prior to any finals.

Even if for no other reason, than to do final deck height, and cc the downfill volumes for Comp. Ratio checks, again, just "good practise".

Brandon/440source kits are fine for the intended applications, very good in fact.

However, you'd be amazed at the actual production 400 block variances, that can compromise the fit of an otherwise good rotating assembly Kit.

What fits great in 5 blocks, might interfere somewhere on the "sixth" for no otherwise apparent reason.

Just my  :Twocents:

Bob out.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

dukeboy_318

thanks, my block is a 77, but from what Brandon and his company has told me, it might be okay, i was just tryign to determine if i should pay extra to have the machine shop do it or do it myself.  guess ill have to wait and see. thanks
1978 Dodge Power Wagon W200 4x4- 408 stroker/4spd
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. 440 project in the works.