News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking for 1.600" valves

Started by T16, December 25, 2007, 02:50:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T16

Where can I buy 1.600" exhaust valves online..?
For 915 heads.. 3/8" steam 4.888" lenght

Did a search on ebay, but I can only find for small block.. and not correct lenght

RD

call summitracing... not everything online is what they can get.  any machine shop will be able to get the valves you desire... well any reputable machine shop.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

firefighter3931

If you can't find a replacement 1.6in exhaust valve then just upgrade to a 1.74...i would go with Stainless Steel valves in a 516 head to reduce metal transfer. Those heads will not have hardened exhaust seats so the stainless valves are pretty much a necessity in order to keep the valves from sinking into the heads.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

T16

Quote from: firefighter3931 on December 26, 2007, 08:21:19 AM
If you can't find a replacement 1.6in exhaust valve then just upgrade to a 1.74...i would go with Stainless Steel valves in a 516 head to reduce metal transfer. Those heads will not have hardened exhaust seats so the stainless valves are pretty much a necessity in order to keep the valves from sinking into the heads.  :yesnod:

Ron

Found a used set of 1.6 valves here in Sweden. With a bottle of lead additive I think the seats will last a while..
The best would of course be to have hardened seats installed and some 1.74 valves.. but I dont want to get carried away with the heads (915).
Think its better to save money for some alu. heads for my next engine build

NMike

i just went with larger vales and hardened seat.

win win if you ask me.

Challenger340

I think either Federal Mogul or Clevitte still sells them new O.E.M. ?

I'd better check a part number and get back, I could be wrong.
Only wimps wear Bowties !