News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

death proof chargers?

Started by Death1970Proof, December 24, 2007, 09:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Death1970Proof

Quote from: THE CHARGER PUNK on January 28, 2008, 08:21:35 PM
*BUMP*

Anyone got any updates on their replicas or any added info to this thread??? :coolgleamA:

No updates yet, it's a slow process but it's coming together. Search youtube for 1970 charger project part1 . Im DR440 on there. Does anyone know what happened to the infamous 'bomb' car used in the film? That is the charger suppossedly hit in the rear before it flips. I heard the guy with the '68 on ebay had got a hold of it.
"Remember when I said this car was death proof? Well that wasnt' a lie-this car is 100%death proof- only to get the benefit of it honey you really need to be sitting in my seat"...

70nova

Sorry to bump a really old thread, but does anyone have any info/pics of the Nova that Kurt Russell drove in the first half of the film? There's not much info about either car with a google search.

Been trying to look for detailed exterior/interior pics of both the Charger and the Nova.

Death1970Proof

Quote from: 70nova on June 22, 2008, 08:36:58 PM
Sorry to bump a really old thread, but does anyone have any info/pics of the Nova that Kurt Russell drove in the first half of the film? There's not much info about either car with a google search.

Been trying to look for detailed exterior/interior pics of both the Charger and the Nova.

If you needs pics of the nova I can email them to ya. The hero car or rather main car in the dialog scenes sold on ebay for around 13,600 or pretty close to that. It had a 350 auto, a beard racing seat and a jaz fuel cell. I believe it also used a b&m megashifter just like the charger did. Good luck with your project!

"Remember when I said this car was death proof? Well that wasnt' a lie-this car is 100%death proof- only to get the benefit of it honey you really need to be sitting in my seat"...

70nova

Hey yeah can you e-mail the pictures?  My e-mail address is shaughn5150@yahoo.com

These pics you guys post on the chargers and from this thread http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,20238.0.html I've never seen before, I don't even know where those pics came from.

aussiemuscle

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on January 19, 2008, 06:50:17 PM

On Death Proof, did anybody else catch the evidence of an unscripted Charger rollover that must have happened during shooting?

Look hard at the Charger just as it goes into the ditch and both cars stop in mid-chase.  (When Kurt clmbs out of the car & gets shot in the arm.)  That car had to have been rolled to get the roof/pillars distorted in such a way.   

umm, no but i did notice other inconsistencies...
when kurt is about to get out at that scene, the top of the door (inside) is green. when he's out of the car, its black again.

when the charger FIRST hits the challenger and it swerves, the challenger has lots of scratches down the left hand side (before they start bashing each other).

Dave22443

This movie was a pathetic waist of vintage Mopar.  I'd just as soon forget it ever happened.  :brickwall:

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

Mike DC

The concept was cool, the production was well-done, but the writing was total crap. 

QT was both the good and the bad of that movie.

He really slipped badly. 

DeathProof stirs the same kind of mystified frustration that the Star Wars prequels did:  "This guy who understood what was entertaining SO WELL before . . .  how can the same guy actually think THIS is entertaining now?"

70nova

Although I didn't like the fact that they had to destroy about 6 or more Chargers I still liked the movie very well.

I'm a huge Kurt Russell fan, Quentin Tarantino fan, and muscle car fan so I loved the movie.  Plus it was just sweet enough to see two of my favorite muscle cars in the same film which both looked badass painted flat black.

Mike DC

Is it known exactly who/where the actual movie-prop cars were originally built?

70nova

At Robert Rodriguez's Trouble Maker Studio's in Texas I believe.

surmanajaja

Quote from: T16 on January 13, 2008, 01:26:59 PM

He claims this one to be the "main" stuntcar.. driven 80% in the movie
Roll cage
Willwood brakes
440 HP

I think this car is in Finland and its for sale.

http://www.nettivaraosa.com/kunnostettavat-ja-ei-rek-olevat-autot/1483156

my wife wont let my buy a car in that shape, lol,. and I hated that crappy crappy movie anyway, even though I love 90% of kurt Russells movies.Planet Terror was easily the better movie in grindhouse.