News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

wheel question

Started by tkkruzer, December 20, 2007, 03:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tkkruzer

:cheers: hello all, i'm looking at buying a set of rims from wheel vintiques and was wondering could I safely use 15x8's with a 4.5 back spacing? especially in the front? need to know befor I buy. thanx gang ,,, :2thumbs: TK

Troy

Yes, that's pretty much the standard for these cars. The more important question is: what size tires? Most go with something like 275/60-15 in back and a 235/60-15 in front which should fit easily on a stock car.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

tkkruzer

oooppps sorry I guess I should tell you they are for a 74 road runner (duh) ::) and I want to put the same size all the way around.  :2thumbs: thanx again Tom

Troy

The wheels should still fit but I don't know about tires - especially the same all around. I know 235s should fit and probably 245s but I don't know about anything wider. My Barracuda has less room than a Charger and it has/had 235/60-15 on 15x8 wheels.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

tkkruzer

thanx Troy, I was wondering about the tire size too, I had 245's on my 72 way back when but they were on 14 in. rims. I know it shouldn't make any diff. on 15's but I wasn't sure about 8in. wide rims. I think it would look alot better with 15x8's anyways .what about the speedo, wont it mess it up with 275's on the rear? :icon_smile_question: Tom

68RT4ME

Quote from: tkkruzer on December 20, 2007, 05:38:37 PM
thanx Troy, I was wondering about the tire size too, I had 245's on my 72 way back when but they were on 14 in. rims. I know it shouldn't make any diff. on 15's but I wasn't sure about 8in. wide rims. I think it would look allot better with 15x8's anyways .what about the speedo, wont it mess it up with 275's on the rear? :icon_smile_question: Tom

Should not make any significant difference. At best 2-4 mph. I run 255 60 15 BFG's on 15x7 wheels the front of my '71 and 275 60 15 BFG's on 15x8's on the back. No clearance issue. BTW, there a allot of posts ref. to this very thing that will help you make this decision. Good luckĀ  ;)
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

tkkruzer

:2thumbs: thanx gentlemen, as usual , A wealth of info. I am glad we have this site to be able to get our questions answered about our cars. happy new year to you all :cheers: Tom