News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

You guys won't get mad if I made an R/T? Right?

Started by 69chargerboy, December 24, 2007, 10:53:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Couple choices

Leave in 440ci no R/T badges or stripe.
6 (10.3%)
Leave in 440ci with R/T badges with R/T stripe.
15 (25.9%)
Leave in 440ci no R/T badges but with '70 R/T stripe.
5 (8.6%)
Leave 440ci with R/T badges and Rear Quarter R/T emblems.
2 (3.4%)
Who cares, do what I want. The car isn't original anyway.
30 (51.7%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Back N Black

I'm with the majority, no problem with a clone. It cost just as much to restore a clone as a real R/T. Actually i have seen clones done better than some real R/T cars, but that just depends on how much money you can throw at it, and/or your attention to detail. :Twocents:

pettyfan43

My 66 came with a poly 318 and a 727. I'm putting in a 440 and upgrading the suspension with bigger torsion bars and R/T springs.Adding big sway bars and upgrading the car every way I can.

My car may be a 66, but underneath it will be R/T. Like was said before, just don't go swapping numbers and such. THAT is where trouble starts.

skip68

I'd do anything I wanted to do.  It's your car and no matter what you do people will love it.  :2thumbs:   Chuck.....
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

69CoronetRT

Quote from: hemihead on December 24, 2007, 01:56:58 PM
Like most people here say , it's your car but I say dare to be different . What's so sinful about having a regular Charger? You put all the Hipo parts on it what difference does a couple of letters make ? Keep everyone guessing what's under the hood . I will never understand why people clone cars. I see no shame in owning a Charger , Satellite , Coronet , etc. If it looks great and runs better it's still a Mopar.

:iagree:

I'm very sorry it's become embarrasing to own 'regular' cars and that everything has to be an R/T, Road Runner, Super Bee or 'Cuda clone. Spend the money on the drive train and forget about the decals and emblems.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

suntech

Do what the hell you want with it, as long as you don´t tamper with the numbers :2thumbs: There are a lot of cars out there that is more "R/T" than the originals anyway!
Never been in to matching # . If you meet a drop dead gorgeous blonde, would you loose interest if she told you (or showed you) she was not a natural blonde???? I would´nt !!!!
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

Fitz73Chrgr

I'd be happier, I prefer brunettes  :nana:

Quote from: Khyron on December 24, 2007, 12:44:49 PM

My vote is for No badges, with a stripe that doesn't say R/T. I didn't see that option up there.

The 70 R/T stripe doesn't say R/T   ;)
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

NMike

as long as you don't do a VIN swap, do it all. thats what i'm planning on doing.

suntech

Quote[/I'd be happier, I prefer brunettes 
quote]

Hehe , me likey them all :2thumbs:
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

tan top

its up to you dude  :yesnod: your call  :yesnod: but never change the Vin numbers  & tag  :nono: , if it were mine  though  , i would put  all the R/T stuff on except the badges  but its your ride do what ever makes you happy, would be intrested in seeing more pictures as you progress  :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

69bronzeT5

Quote from: tan top on December 25, 2007, 04:37:01 PM
its up to you dude  :yesnod: your call  :yesnod: but never change the Vin numbers  & tag  :nono: , if it were mine  though  , i would put  all the R/T stuff on except the badges  but its your ride do what ever makes you happy, would be intrested in seeing more pictures as you progress  :popcrn:

Thats sorta what Im doing. Mine is gonna be a regular XP '69 but with a R/T stripe.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Big Lebowski

"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

ACUDANUT

I turned my 72 Rallye Charger into a R/T.  I liked the striped kit and it's my car, my way. :2thumbs:

bmoparmofo

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on December 24, 2007, 03:09:56 PM
Quote from: 69chargerboy on December 24, 2007, 11:18:50 AM

Thanks, I kinda owe forum member keepat for helping me deciding on the color. I was torn between using Duponts Hot Hue called "Silva" and a Mercedes Benz metallic, I went with the Benz color because I love the way it looks on keepats 68 Hemi...  Man, that is one Baddd A$$ Charger!!!!!!  :2thumbs:

Looks like our cars will be the same colour :lol: :2thumbs:
So much for the bronze t5 name then? Mine was a g code 383 2 bbl, console shift as well, its staying its original t5, still with a 383 with a slight build but I plan on doing the black R/T stripe and emblems as well, I say do what makes you happy as long as the vin tells what is was. :2thumbs:
69 charger 383 t5, 67 newport 383, 67 newport custom 383

69bronzeT5

Quote from: bmoparmofo on December 25, 2007, 08:06:46 PM
Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on December 24, 2007, 03:09:56 PM
Quote from: 69chargerboy on December 24, 2007, 11:18:50 AM

Thanks, I kinda owe forum member keepat for helping me deciding on the color. I was torn between using Duponts Hot Hue called "Silva" and a Mercedes Benz metallic, I went with the Benz color because I love the way it looks on keepats 68 Hemi...  Man, that is one Baddd A$$ Charger!!!!!!  :2thumbs:

Looks like our cars will be the same colour :lol: :2thumbs:

So much for the bronze t5 name then?

Nope, I plan on keeping my name the same :icon_smile_wink:. Plus, 69silverA4..that dosent sound right to me..maybe to someone else but not to me and also, Silver R/T is already taken :smilielol: :smilielol:

bmoparmofo

Just surprised that your changing it, you seemed to like its color at one time.
69 charger 383 t5, 67 newport 383, 67 newport custom 383

Death1970Proof

Its your ride and if it makes you happy DO IT!  :yesnod:
"Remember when I said this car was death proof? Well that wasnt' a lie-this car is 100%death proof- only to get the benefit of it honey you really need to be sitting in my seat"...

69bronzeT5

Quote from: bmoparmofo on December 25, 2007, 08:53:36 PM
Just surprised that your changing it, you seemed to like its color at one time.

Well who knows, I might go back to the original colour one day. Dont get me wrong, the T5 is really nice but I really like the silver and black. It looks slick :yesnod:

69chargerboy

Thanks for all the replies everyone! I DO NOT have any intensions of doing anything with the VIN. I have the body tag, as well as the build sheet in decent condition, so no fraud here! I would be interesting to restore this car to original state. 383 2bbl Blue on blue, single exhaust, hubcaps........ It probably won't be worth as much or as fun.....
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

69chargerboy

Here's a few pics of some of the parts I have restored. They came out great!
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

skip68

Well,  the more original the car is the more it's worth.  That's usually the rule.  :yesnod:  It's not hard to find a Charger or any muscle car (Camaro) that's had the motor changed and made fast. But it is harder to find an original car.  My car came without a motor in it and had allready been changed to a 440 before I got it (tranny,exhaust).  In the end it is up to you like I said before and people will love it anyway.  :yesnod:  I'm getting my car into paint soon and I've been fighting myself on how perfect do I want the car to be.  I've seen god knows how many cars that had a mirror glass finish in and out (trailer queens) and I wanted that too.  But I don't want to take the caractor away from the car so I'm choosing to leave a few flaws in it.  I've noticed at shows that cars with flaws (stories) get more attention most of the time.  The more perfect the car is the less there is to see, there's nothing to look at.  The more perfect you make it , the more people will look for flaws to pick it apart.  I want people to see my car as I see it.   :yesnod:  The bodyshop guy told me that sometimes less is more and he is right.  Once again this is JUST MY OPINION so don't beat me up guy's.  :Twocents:  Chuck..........
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!