News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

You guys won't get mad if I made an R/T? Right?

Started by 69chargerboy, December 24, 2007, 10:53:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Couple choices

Leave in 440ci no R/T badges or stripe.
6 (10.3%)
Leave in 440ci with R/T badges with R/T stripe.
15 (25.9%)
Leave in 440ci no R/T badges but with '70 R/T stripe.
5 (8.6%)
Leave 440ci with R/T badges and Rear Quarter R/T emblems.
2 (3.4%)
Who cares, do what I want. The car isn't original anyway.
30 (51.7%)

Total Members Voted: 58

69chargerboy

I believe this topic was done once before, but I thought I'd ask. This original SOLID Alabama Charger was 383 2bbl auto on the floor B7 Medium Blue Poly with Blue interior. This car never came with a drive train. I had an original 69 R/T F6 Green correct HP 440 and auto trans, but the car was completely wasted. The only thing good in it was the Drive train; 11" drum brakes and rear-end. I took everything I could out of the R/T and had it restored and rebuilt. All suspension is new; I replaced it with larger diameter sway bars, torsion bars and strut rods. With full Polygraphite bushings. So now currently the 383 Charger is an the way to completion, I changed the exterior color and went with a black interior, so now my dilemma is whether or not to use R/T badging on it or not. To the ordinary "car guy" at local shows they would know the difference between an original R/T and non-R/T. The only quick way of knowing would be the "XP" instead of the "XS" of the VIN. Die-hard MoPar fans like me, I would feel a little uneasy passing this car off as a R/T. By all means, if some one asked me I would tell them the truth about the car. So, what do you; my fellow MoPar enthusiasts think about that???
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

Ghoste

If you want the RT appearance, I say go for it.  I don't mind until people try to change the numbers that tell what the car really is. :Twocents:

Fitz73Chrgr

It's all up to you.  There are alot of R/T clones out there, which would be a reason for me not to put the badges on it.  But if you do put them on there, its still just as cool.  I don't think you'll get criticized by anyone. 
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

RD

its your car, go for it! just dont change the numbers and you will be alright.  if anyone gives you shiet for it, send them to the kansas mafia... we will bust their kneecaps bada bing!
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

69chargerboy

Quote from: RD on December 24, 2007, 10:59:45 AM
its your car, go for it! just dont change the numbers and you will be alright.  if anyone gives you shiet for it, send them to the kansas mafia... we will bust their kneecaps bada bing!

NICE!   Thanks!!!!!     :2thumbs: :cheers: ;D
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 

rav440

1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

rusty lee

69chargerboy

Quote from: rav440 on December 24, 2007, 11:02:10 AM
:2thumbs: clone it  :2thumbs: great color by the way  :2thumbs:

Thanks, I kinda owe forum member keepat for helping me deciding on the color. I was torn between using Duponts Hot Hue called "Silva" and a Mercedes Benz metallic, I went with the Benz color because I love the way it looks on keepats 68 Hemi...  Man, that is one Baddd A$$ Charger!!!!!!  :2thumbs:
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 

dkn1997

Go for it.  I changed my plain jane 318 grandma charger into a clone after a 440/727 swap because I liked certian things about the R/T appearancewise.  I like the tail stripe and the blackout rear tail panel.  I had to replace all the emblems anyway and there is not much of a price difference in them so I went for it. 

Like you, I would never pass it off as anything but what is.
RECHRGED

Chatt69chgr

It's your car.  By all means do whatever pleases you with it.  Your spending your hard earned money saving another Charger.  And we all know it takes a lot of money.  Obviously, you would not want to ever sell it without being completely honest about its provenance.  Hopefully you have registered both VIN tags on the appropriate registry sites.  Keep up the good work. 

69chargerboy

Quote from: Chatt69chgr on December 24, 2007, 11:34:25 AM
It's your car.  By all means do whatever pleases you with it.  Your spending your hard earned money saving another Charger.  And we all know it takes a lot of money.  Obviously, you would not want to ever sell it without being completely honest about its provenance.  Hopefully you have registered both VIN tags on the appropriate registry sites.  Keep up the good work. 

Yeah, I gave my VIN to Chris for his 1969 Dodge Charger Registry Site..... Any others?
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 

BROCK

Lookin good!  There is a 68 Belvedere / Satelite ??  for sale here.  It's cloned into a Road Runner & advertized as such. 
Its got all the right RR parts cept for the 440.  The price is decent for a clone & he is honest about it.  I totally agree
with doing it this way.

Beautiful paint by the way!

Merry Christmas,
b

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

AKcharger

Khyron

Me personally. I say put the R/T suspension and such in it. But don't label it.

It is your car, and the decision is ultimately up to you, But I set my Charger up with the complease "R/T" package. 440, tic toc, center console, springs, bars, the whole nine yards. But I won't put a R/T badge on it. Even though you may not pass it off as an original, a lot of people will think you are.

My vote is for No badges, with a stripe that doesn't say R/T. I didn't see that option up there.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

70charginglizard

I say it's your car. Do what ever make you happy but I personally would do the R/T thing as long as it's done correctly (engine, suspecion, etc) for the year car it is. It is a 69 right?
70charginglizard

dodgecharger-fan

As long as you don't do anything with the numbers, I say go nuts!

There's nothing wrong with a clone.
It's just parts and paint added to the car.

70charginglizard

Quote from: dodgecharger-fan on December 24, 2007, 01:03:59 PM
As long as you don't do anything with the numbers, I say go nuts!

There's nothing wrong with a clone.
It's just parts and paint added to the car.

:iagree:
nothing wrong with cloning. Just don't try passing it off as an original r/t in the paper work... that would be very bad :nono:
70charginglizard

firefighter3931

Clone it....that's what i am doing.  :2thumbs:

Mine started off as a 383 2bbl car with a/c, pb, ps with a colomn shifter. It won't look anything like that once finished. ;)

Build it your way !  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: 70charginglizard on December 24, 2007, 12:45:00 PM
I say it's your car. Do what ever make you happy but I personally would do the R/T thing as long as it's done correctly (engine, suspecion, etc) for the year car it is. It is a 69 right?

IMHO diff story would it be if the 69 you found was matching number stuff
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

hemihead

Like most people here say , it's your car but I say dare to be different . What's so sinful about having a regular Charger? You put all the Hipo parts on it what difference does a couple of letters make ? Keep everyone guessing what's under the hood . I will never understand why people clone cars. I see no shame in owning a Charger , Satellite , Coronet , etc. If it looks great and runs better it's still a Mopar.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

69bronzeT5

Quote from: 69chargerboy on December 24, 2007, 11:18:50 AM

Thanks, I kinda owe forum member keepat for helping me deciding on the color. I was torn between using Duponts Hot Hue called "Silva" and a Mercedes Benz metallic, I went with the Benz color because I love the way it looks on keepats 68 Hemi...  Man, that is one Baddd A$$ Charger!!!!!!  :2thumbs:

Looks like our cars will be the same colour :lol: :2thumbs:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Ghoste on December 24, 2007, 10:57:21 AM
If you want the RT appearance, I say go for it.  I don't mind until people try to change the numbers that tell what the car really is. :Twocents:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Mike DC

Go for it. 

Leave the original VIN unmolested, and do what you wantever with the rest of the car. 

CB

a Charger will allways be a Charger. :coolgleamA:
Do what makes you happy, you can never go wrong by 'upgrading' your ride.
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

keepat

Quote from: 69chargerboy on December 24, 2007, 11:18:50 AM
Quote from: rav440 on December 24, 2007, 11:02:10 AM
:2thumbs: clone it  :2thumbs: great color by the way  :2thumbs:

Thanks! Imitation is the highest form of flattery. Your car is looking great keep the pictures coming!
Merry Christmas!
Pat