News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Steering Column Rubber Gasket

Started by gasoline_24, December 23, 2007, 05:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gasoline_24

Does anyone know where I can find this gasket?  It is the round black rubber gasket that seals to the firewall plate.

bear

paddock sells it in a kit part#sc016 they might sell it seperately also check year one they might have it

y3chargerrt

I don't think the seal he is looking for is reproduced.I think he wants the one that goes over the stearing column tube. Its not a gasket more like a thick o-ring.I work with vacuum systems that use many different high quality o-ring. I have a spare stearing column that I will check to see if it has the o-ring on it. If it does I can measure it and find a replacement and order from my company.If I can find a matching one I can probably get it for anyone that needs one. Ron

gasoline_24

That is correct.  Let me know what you come up with.  If you need the dimensions I can measure tomorrow and let you know.  I have one, but would like to replace while I have everything apart.

y3chargerrt

If you can measure the id and od and thickness of the o ring in metric I can match it up.

gasoline_24

ID = 56mm  OD= 73mm appx. (the outside varies in diameter)  and thickness varies from 6 to 9 mm.

six-tee-nine

Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

bull

Quote from: gasoline_24 on December 26, 2007, 08:54:59 PM
ID = 56mm  OD= 73mm appx. (the outside varies in diameter)  and thickness varies from 6 to 9 mm.

I'd like to see a picture of what you guys are talking about.

y3chargerrt

This is what we are talking about.

gasoline_24

Mine was all smashed.  Can you measure yours and let me know the inside, outside and thickness dimensions.  I got another one, but it looks smaller than yours.

bull

gasoline_24

Yes, I believe it keeps out dust, water, etc. from coming in between the column and the column mounting plate.  I am still looking for dimensions if anyone has them.

gasoline_24

I think this may be what I was looking for.  Any thoughts on if this is the correct part?

http://www.rtspecialties.net/proddetail.asp?prod=2265697

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: gasoline_24 on February 13, 2008, 11:15:08 PM
I think this may be what I was looking for.  Any thoughts on if this is the correct part?

http://www.rtspecialties.net/proddetail.asp?prod=2265697

I think thats close, but the picture shows a seal for a 62-65 b-body ....I think.  :scratchchin:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

gasoline_24

Why do you say that?  I looked and didn't see anything that said a year.  Did I miss something?

Chatt69chgr

It said Early B Body and I think this usually refers to a 62-65 B Body.  The part shown on the steering column just looks like a rubber O Ring.  I am thinking that you could find that at a industrial/mill supply house or place that sells parts for fixing bulldozers, etc.  They probably have a kit of them that you can go though and pick out the one you want.