News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What the lbs of a factory K-member with the front assembly attached

Started by BB1, December 13, 2007, 04:07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB1

154lbs for the Alterktion

http://www.reillymotorsports.com/store/product.php?productid=16144&cat=255&page=1

Weight is lost Hp, need to lighten up a bit.

Seems like the more stuff you put on the less weight it is.

Hemi
AGR power steering
Braided lines
1.125 bar
Standard adjustable
450 smooth street
OEM column
No brake kits
Delete my profile

Steve P.

BB1, I don't know how much weight you will save by changing to an ALTER-K-TION. I have heard it is quite a bit. I don't remember how much.

This is not the only consideration for going to this K in my mind. For me the number one reason is to move the steering forward. By moving the steering linkage out from under the motor you can now go to a huge flat oil pan. This will give you volume and keep the pick up in the oil where it belongs. No more need for your oil pan hanging down and getting crunched on road junk or when the nose comes down hard after shooting the moon..

I like this system for many reasons, but the forward steer is first.  :2thumbs:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

BB1

:iagree:

This will be my second best purchase ever, next to my Hemi.

The headers for it are a mass of pipes, one runner is larger than most cars exhaust pipes.
I will have a larger oil pan under the motor; I like your idea of a huge flat pan.  :yesnod:
Delete my profile

suntech

Have asked the same question myself, to try to figure out how much lighter i will get it!!
I have ordered The XV level II front suspention. Everything in aluminum. That, together with a full aluminum hemi, should make my nose quite a lot lighter :D
Have a buddy that has the Reilly kit, and he is happy with that one too.   :2thumbs:
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

Mike DC

When you say "XV front end kit" without mentioning the rear end, I'm assuming you mean you're running something else on the rear end?  Probably to help hook up that Hemi better? 

suntech

Hi Mike
I have also ordered the rear suspention  kit, together with all the chassis stiffening stuff, brakes, and fulll exhaust system,  but i will need to modify the center link, to fit the Mark Williams modular rearend. I guess it will be hard to get it to hook up deasent, on street tires, but even if i go with big displacement (588), it will not be a wild engine, just good quality, and a lot of torque and drivability. It must fire up, and work every day. I will hook it up to a T-56.
Peter, at XV told me that you putted like 20k miles on your car this summer :2thumbs: I will not do that, but i will drive the snot out of it every day i am at home, so i will not be " one oilshift a year" guy. more like 3, and 5 sets of rear tires :D They were talking about oilpan clearance here, but i will go with dry sump.
I am hoping for app 750 hp, and same range of torque. Think that will live it up enaugh for curvy norwegian roads.
Rolf
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!