News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tachometer rev limiter???

Started by Dodge69_440, December 19, 2007, 12:16:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodge69_440

Ok, I'm back from school and I'm ready to get my hands dirty.  I was reading another post by firefighter about MSD rev limiters and how they drop sparks etc.  My question is if tachometer rev limiters are just as effective and more importantly, safe.  In retrospect I should have manned up and paid the extra 40 bucks for a MSD 6AL instead of the 6A.  In order to protect myself during ambitious burnouts I run a tachometer with a built in rev limiter (I think it's a Mallory I bought at PAW).  Am I hurting my engine when I run it up to the limiter?  Thanks in advance, if it wasn't for you guys my car would of blown up a long time ago!

PS How do I change my sig? I really want to put a picture of my car in it!

Ghoste

Where is your limiter set? :D

Oh, and your sig is changed in your profile.

Dodge69_440

I keep it at 4500 for the street and highway, I turn it up to 5500 when I want to have fun (only forged rods).  I was just wondering if all rev limiters work the same way and are just as safe.  Thanks.

PS I changed my symbol, but how do I embed a picture in my sig?