News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Charger: Bullitt or Blade?

Started by nakita7, December 19, 2007, 12:09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which would you prefer?

Bullitt
40 (48.8%)
Blade
27 (32.9%)
Both, like them equally.
10 (12.2%)
Neither
5 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 82

nakita7

Dave22443

I have a '68 Charger and wouldn't turn mine into either, but if I were, I would say Blade because the Bullit Charger was pretty much stock looking and Blades is a little more unique.

Just my  :Twocents:

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

BB1

Delete my profile

Dave22443

I should have noted that I voted "I like both"   :icon_smile_big:

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

Hemidog

T3/RT

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2002 Chrysler Sebring LXi Conv.
2005 Chrysler 300C
2010 Dodge Challenger SRT

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

nakita7

The Bullitt is cool, but the hubcaps are not working for me....

The Bullitt car is an RT right? I've only seen the movie once (man, what a snorefest).

bull

I like them both (of course, they're both '68 Chargers) but I've always been one for customization to a degree, especially wide tires, a bit of rake, a few body odds and ends. That's what personalizes Chargers and makes them owner-unique. That said I'm not too big on wild variations such as scissor doors, huge mailbox hood scoops, funky air brush paint schemes that follow the body lines. etc. But the Bullitt Charger is too blase' for me. 14x6 tires have never looked right on a Charger for one and I'm glad the 8 hubcaps flew off because they looked horrible too. Actually, now that I think about it I would have just tossed the wheels and tires off the Bullit Charger, put on the 15x10s, jacked it up and called it good.

But I voted for the Blade Charger. It's got a lot of personality and yet it's not over-the-top.

moparstuart

Quote from: nakita7 on December 19, 2007, 01:42:28 PM
The Bullitt is cool, but the hubcaps are not working for me....

The Bullitt car is an RT right? I've only seen the movie once (man, what a snorefest).
snorefest? steve mcqueen awesome flick !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

zerfetzen

I'd say Death Proof was a little tougher, along the same lines.  But that's just my  :Twocents:
Current Daily Driver: 2006 Dodge Charger RT
Current Project: 1969 Dodge Charger
Previous Cars I want back: 1974 Barracuda, 1973 Cuda

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

THE CHARGER PUNK

i voted for the blade Charger, but id take the Death Proof charger over both any day, Its just plain badass :icon_smile_big: :yesnod: :coolgleamA:

HITMAN 149

as since i first saw  BULLITT many years ago... and have wanted a BLACK 68 Charger R/T ever since.... i would say BULLITT first... BUT agree with BULL , and a couple others... those scrawney hubcap wheels have to GO!!! but we all know why they were on the car... to tone down the BEAST... so the slowstang could sorta keep up!!!! LOL
but i also do like the blade charger as well.... cause i like the 6 pack scoops!!!  :2thumbs:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

Rack

Charger-Bodie

Here is my kinda Bullit inspired Charger with a twist ......I voted Bullit by the way ;)
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

bountyhunter

My 68 is kinda like alittle of all three... flat black (deathproof/blade) 1968 (blade) with vector rims (deathproof). Basically its a deathproof car but a 68, which looks better anyway!  :icon_smile_wink: Oh I forgot about Bullit...But long live Steve Mcqueen!

zerfetzen

Quote from: bountyhunter on December 19, 2007, 07:44:48 PM
My 68 is kinda like alittle of all three... flat black (deathproof/blade) 1968 (blade) with vector rims (deathproof). Basically its a deathproof car but a 68, which looks better anyway!  :icon_smile_wink: Oh I forgot about Bullit...But long live Steve Mcqueen!

Any chance you could post some pics of your sweet flat black 68?  I'm (slowly) redoing my car Death Proof style, and would love to see (and save) more pics of flat black Chargers with vectors.  :cheers:
Current Daily Driver: 2006 Dodge Charger RT
Current Project: 1969 Dodge Charger
Previous Cars I want back: 1974 Barracuda, 1973 Cuda

Ghoste

Bullitt, it had a real life sinister vibe to it.  The bad guys and their car were believable.

Khyron

Sorry, Blade...

But I like movie clones ;)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

bountyhunter

Im gonna try and get some pics up this coming weekend! Ive been meaning to do so for awhile.

Rack

Quote from: bountyhunter on December 19, 2007, 11:38:55 PM
Im gonna try and get some pics up this coming weekend! Ive been meaning to do so for awhile.

Looking forward to it.

Don't forget!  :D

suntech

I voted Bullit, not because it is like i would have it, but because it is kinda "where it all started" car.. If your´re a charger fan, that movie is mandatory!!
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

kylem4711

1970 dodge charger rt 440 4-speed
1973 plymouth barracuda 4-speed

Harlow

If I ever get a charger I'd probably like to make a fun driver, flat black, something a little like the Death Proof car. Just no decal or hood ornament.