News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

tti headers & starter

Started by 2nd69charger, December 14, 2007, 07:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2nd69charger

went to put on tti headers on my 1969 charger and the 3 tube hits the starter. Its an oriellys rebuilt starter. tti says it will fit with the following starters
r53005984
p5249644ab
56027702ac
p5007860
what starters are these?

sick dawg

I have TTI headers and had to use the high torque mini starter  to fit.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: sick dawg on December 14, 2007, 09:30:29 PM
I have TTI headers and had to use the high torque mini starterĀ  to fit.

What engine? what car? :scratchchin:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Brock Samson

my TTIs fit with a rebuilt starter, which would though unfortunately heat sink and crap out, so i got the mini/race starter and wrapped it with thermal insulation, not a lick of trouble since. I should have used the mini race starter from the git...

2nd69charger

sick dawg

GreenMachine

If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

2nd69charger

ordered the mini starter
thanks for the help,
chuck

d72hemi

Rocky

The mini starter wouldn't even fit with my set up. (Crate Magnum/Tremec TKO with a 143 tooth flywheel)  I had to buy a RobbMc starter.  The headers also hit the magnum engine mount bosses on the block.  Nothing a couple minutes with a grinder didn't fix, but I never thought that would be a problem with TTI's.

doctorpimp

I used the RobbMc starter with my 400 - Tremec TKO with a 143 tooth flywheel and 2" TTI's
'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216