News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Best guess....what will it run????

Started by Hemidoug, December 18, 2007, 07:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemidoug

Well, it sounds to me like a flat out race car....we are running street cars, no nitrous so I would say it wouldn't be a very even race, kinda like apples and oranges. Is this something you drive on the street? I can't speak for Ron, but my car is a 100% pump gas street car and no nitrous. Heck, I'm running STOCK manifolds and heads...so you tell me.......wouldn't be much braging rights if you were to win would it?
A closer match for you if you really want would be to take on a wedge or Hemi A body don't you think? Just trying to be realistic........not much of a race there...... :popcrn:

I don't doubt it's a fast car, just not in the same league......What is your best time/MPH in it?

Now...you want to take the nitrous off and go back to stock heads and manifolds with a complete exhaust system we'll talk.......
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

69Chrgr

I haven't used the nitrous, and I do run pump gas, and drive it on the street. No times yet. Not trying to get you disturbed here, however I do think this is apples to apples. You have a BigBlock Hemi, in a heavy body. I have a smallblock in a light body. I won't need nitrous, haven't even used it yet. Let's see, you have Hemi heads, and are complaining about my Eddy's? I don't want to get you to worked up where you can't play bingo tonight, or checkers at the old folks home or anything, just some good clean fun. Now go take a Geritol, finish watching Matlock and come back and see me, o.k.?

Hemidoug

Quote from: 69Chrgr on December 30, 2007, 08:18:41 PM
I haven't used the nitrous, and I do run pump gas, and drive it on the street. No times yet. Not trying to get you disturbed here, however I do think this is apples to apples. You have a BigBlock Hemi, in a heavy body. I have a smallblock in a light body. I won't need nitrous, haven't even used it yet. Let's see, you have Hemi heads, and are complaining about my Eddy's? I don't want to get you to worked up where you can't play bingo tonight, or checkers at the old folks home or anything, just some good clean fun. Now go take a Geritol, finish watching Matlock and come back and see me, o.k.?

Oh, I'm not worked up....I'm just saying that you have a lot more work in your mill then I....that's all. With your setup, you're probably pushing 500 plus HP in a car that weighs somewhere around 3300 lbs, compared to a mill pushing 575 hp in a car that weighs close to 4000 lbs....I'd run ya, but it still isn't a good SB vs BB challenge (like what you are insinuating). Put it in a B body and now we have a much closer race....That's all I'm saying.....

Put some weight in that thing if you want braging rights...600 lbs should do...... :rofl:

and BTW.....with age comes wisdom and experience...something you might want to remember when you wipe that moisture from behind your ears..... :nana:

69Chrgr

Haha, good one. I guess you view it differently than I, but oh well. We could argue this one all night(although I'm right, and you're senile, lol,  :hah:just kidding). Well, I don't want to keep you from missing the Waltons, so I bid you good night sir. Oh, and by the way, I think I would still beat you with an extra 300 pounds, no problem. :eyes: Maybe I can get one of those "pleasantly plump" northeastern girls to ride with me :smilielol:

Hemidoug

You must be one of those "go fat, go home early" types...well, every pot has a lid....... :2thumbs::nana::rofl:

69Chrgr

:smilielol: No, I was just trying to play fair. I don't go for pots, I'm more of a saucer fan myself. ;) I just kind of thought, well you know how some of ya'll are....... :slap:

Hemidoug

Quote from: 69Chrgr on December 30, 2007, 09:37:48 PM
:smilielol: No, I was just trying to play fair. I don't go for pots, I'm more of a saucer fan myself. ;) I just kind of thought, well you know how some of ya'll are....... :slap:

Thin and flat then....OK! :slap:

Show up at LVD in sept....we'll settle this then...... :coolgleamA: :D

No whining if you get spanked..... :bawling:

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: Hemidoug on December 30, 2007, 09:42:59 PM
Quote from: 69Chrgr on December 30, 2007, 09:37:48 PM

Thin and flat then....OK! :slap:

Show up at LVD in sept....we'll settle this then...... :coolgleamA: :D

No whining if you get spanked..... :bawling:
Doug, my friend my money is on you. :cheers:  It's all about the driver . :2thumbs:

69Chrgr

Looks like that's what we'll have to do. Where the hell is LVD? I hope you're referring to a big brother or something, cause I've seen what'ya got, and you definetely will need a bigger stick my brother.  :icon_smile_tongue:Only whining that will be happening is when I hand your ass to you when the light turns green.  :DI'll still wait for you though at the other end, as I respect our senior citizens in this country. :nana: :slap:

Hemidoug

LOL......Kids these days...try to teach 'em, they just HAVE to learn the hard way....

It'll be fun....Happy New Year to you and your daughter....I hope 08 is good to you! :2thumbs: Lookin' foward to Carlisle and a couple o cold ones with ya!

Hemidoug

Quote from: 69Chrgr on December 30, 2007, 09:50:42 PM
Looks like that's what we'll have to do. Where the hell is LVD? I hope you're referring to a big brother or something, cause I've seen what'ya got, and you definetely will need a bigger stick my brother.  :icon_smile_tongue:Only whining that will be happening is when I hand your ass to you when the light turns green.  :DI'll still wait for you though at the other end, as I respect our senior citizens in this country. :nana: :slap:

I know the internet is new to you yung'ons......

http://www.dragway.com/

Be there or be square...... :rofl:

ps...don't show up with NOS.....All throttle, no bottle

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: Hemidoug on December 30, 2007, 09:51:41 PM
LOL......Kids these days...try to teach 'em, they just HAVE to learn the hard way....

It'll be fun....Happy New Year to you and your daughter....I hope 08 is good to you! :2thumbs: Lookin' foward to Carlisle and a couple o cold ones with ya!
Happy New Year to you too. :cheers:  I have to work. It should be big bucks since it's New Year's Eve Party. We are looking forward to Carlisle , too. And a couple cold ones with you. I'll have to check my price on Coronas to see if I can get them cheaper for you. :cheers:

Hemidoug

I can get them at the PX cheap....I'm buying for ya! :2thumbs:

69Chrgr

Why don't we meet in the middle? I think it'd be fun. Didn't know they had the internet in the 1800's. Well, have fun watching the Golden Girls tonight. You're probably exhausted from all of the henpecking of the keyboard through your bifocals. Sleep tight.

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: Hemidoug on December 30, 2007, 09:58:01 PM
I'll bring the limes  :cheers:

Hemidoug

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on December 30, 2007, 10:01:00 PM
Quote from: Hemidoug on December 30, 2007, 09:58:01 PM
I'll bring the limes  :cheers:

Now if I can only figure out how to bring the beach..... :2thumbs:

Hemidoug

Quote from: 69Chrgr on December 30, 2007, 10:00:29 PM
Why don't we meet in the middle? I think it'd be fun. Didn't know they had the internet in the 1800's. Well, have fun watching the Golden Girls tonight. You're probably exhausted from all of the henpecking of the keyboard through your bifocals. Sleep tight.

You wana run...E-town, Island dragway, or LVD......that's where I run. Besides, I thought you wanted a piece of all the players? LVD in Sept....

PS...Your elders INVENTED the internet long before you were a glimer in your daddy's eyes...... :nana:

john108

There is a Dodge Dart being built by Dartbloke, on another thread on this forum, that may be of interest to 69Chrgr.

69Chrgr

:smilielol: Good one Doug. Remember, I also have a 69 Hemi Clone, not finished yet.  :yesnod:Check out my old post, "Finally back from paint". If we can't meet in the middle, perhaps we'll share time slips and videos. You probably need to get to bed now, let those dentures soak, and dream of trying to outrun me. :lol:

Hemidoug

Quote from: 69Chrgr on December 30, 2007, 10:33:09 PM
:smilielol: Good one Doug. Remember, I also have a 69 Hemi Clone, not finished yet.  :yesnod:Check out my old post, "Finally back from paint". If we can't meet in the middle, perhaps we'll share time slips and videos. You probably need to get to bed now, let those dentures soak, and dream of trying to outrun me. :lol:

We can do that if you want...not as much drama but it will work.....no photoshopping! :scratchchin: :D :smilielol:
Hell, I'm just getting started...I'll be up skiing before you open those little eyes tomorrow morning..... :2thumbs:

Mefirst

Well Gentlemen :cheers: I'm looking forward to see you post your time slips and hearing your lame excuses during season 2008 :pity:

/Tom

Hemidoug

Quote from: Mefirst on December 31, 2007, 07:03:31 AM
Well Gentlemen :cheers: I'm looking forward to see you post your time slips and hearing your lame excuses during season 2008 :pity:

/Tom

You won't hean any 'scuses from me....it is what it is...the ONLY challenge I've made was to Ron... :2thumbs:

BTW...what numbers are you running in that thang!

69Chrgr

No excuses here either buddyboy :slap:, however I would much rather get to meet you in person, and do this thing all in fun. :icon_smile_big: I think it would be great for the website. :yesnod: I would say we would go on Pinks, however I know you don't need to lose your car.  :rofl:They won't let you give the car back anymore either, (as that is what I'd have to do after cleaning your clock),  :Dso maybe we can set something up in the middle later in the year. What do you think, hell maybe you could even get some people from the old folks home and come watch :smilielol:

firefighter3931

Quote from: Mefirst on December 31, 2007, 07:03:31 AM

/Tom

Tom, our original deal was your 440 against mine....but i'm ok with your race hemi setup. I'll be awaiting my case of heinekin at the end of the 2008 race season.  :nana:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Hemidoug

Quote from: 69Chrgr on December 31, 2007, 05:33:57 PM
No excuses here either buddyboy :slap:, however I would much rather get to meet you in person, and do this thing all in fun. :icon_smile_big: I think it would be great for the website. :yesnod: I would say we would go on Pinks, however I know you don't need to lose your car.  :rofl:They won't let you give the car back anymore either, (as that is what I'd have to do after cleaning your clock),  :Dso maybe we can set something up in the middle later in the year. What do you think, hell maybe you could even get some people from the old folks home and come watch :smilielol:

OK...OK...we get it already....small blocks over big blocks....a body's over b body's....don't know where the old folks thing is coming from but I guess you are real young or think I'm real old (which I'm not).......we get it......Let us know when you have some real numbers and we can throw the crap around then...... :2thumbs: