News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Best guess....what will it run????

Started by Hemidoug, December 18, 2007, 07:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemidoug

Quote from: 69Chrgr on December 22, 2007, 06:38:10 PM
Funny how I remember lot's of folks here dishing smallblocks and, ironically, the only Mopar to ever win the Pinks all out was a 360 smallblock. He had :D a 10 second car, no juice and no boost. And yes, I can talk as I have both, just haven't finished the stroker big block
Charger yet. However my stroker smallblock is turning out nicely. ;)

I think you're wrong about that...the only Mopar to win Pinks All Out is a 68 Cuda with a Barton Hemi.....maybe you are thinking of the Pinks..you lose the race you lose your ride?
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

firefighter3931

Quote from: Hemidoug on December 22, 2007, 07:54:30 PM
Quote from: 69Chrgr on December 22, 2007, 06:38:10 PM
Funny how I remember lot's of folks here dishing smallblocks and, ironically, the only Mopar to ever win the Pinks all out was a 360 smallblock. He had :D a 10 second car, no juice and no boost. And yes, I can talk as I have both, just haven't finished the stroker big block
Charger yet. However my stroker smallblock is turning out nicely. ;)

I think you're wrong about that...the only Mopar to win Pinks All Out is a 68 Cuda with a Barton Hemi.....maybe you are thinking of the Pinks..you lose the race you lose your ride?

Was that the show in Bristol Tennesee ? I remember seeing that episode and admired that awesome ride !  :icon_smile_cool: He sure had it dialed in well on that day !  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

69Chrgr

Yes, it was Pinks All Out at Bristol Tennessee. And yes, it was a 360 smallblock, fastback 68 Cuda :yesnod:. He briefly described his ride and it's powerplant. If you have Tivo, try and record it. He pulled just about everybody, Ford and Chevy's alike, on the big end. What I didn't like was they seemed to try to pit the Mopars against each other in the earlier round. Bummer, as he handed a 440 RoadRunner his ass :D. Sorry Ron, I had to say that. However I still respect you alot!

69Chrgr

Quote from: Steve P. on December 22, 2007, 06:50:35 PM
I don't remember anyone ever DISHING a small block... I have windowed a few...  :smilielol:

Seriously, there is nothing wrong with a small block. It's all in what you want to do with it and how much you want to spend.  I prefer big blocks because of the torque and brute power without having to turn the crank to 10,000.......  Stroking a small block takes it up a few steps. The very nice thing about a small block is less weight.  :yesnod:
Yeah, good point. I just tend to like small blocks in A bodies as I prefer to have to option to turn left or right when needed on the street. Pretty nice option to have when you want to drive around town.

Hemidoug

Quote from: 69Chrgr on December 22, 2007, 10:43:26 PM
Yes, it was Pinks All Out at Bristol Tennessee. And yes, it was a 360 smallblock, fastback 68 Cuda :yesnod:. He briefly described his ride and it's powerplant. If you have Tivo, try and record it. He pulled just about everybody, Ford and Chevy's alike, on the big end. What I didn't like was they seemed to try to pit the Mopars against each other in the earlier round. Bummer, as he handed a 440 RoadRunner his ass :D. Sorry Ron, I had to say that. However I still respect you alot!

Hate to admit it but you're right, I have it on Tivo and just replayed it. Nuttin wrong with a good running small block! :2thumbs:

69Chrgr

Hope you kick ass with your Hemi. Having Barton build one for my '69. I've been following your posts with great detail. Thanks for all the great info on my dream motor!

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Hemidoug

Quote from: 1hot68 on December 27, 2007, 12:52:28 PM
15.0 @ 98mph

Any time you want make a go of it......just have lots of greenbacks with you...... :rofl:

69Chrgr

If you don't get too nervous, and drive it like you stole it, I say high 11's. The previous post stating 15.0's is probably jealous he doesn't have a Hemi! :'(

firefighter3931

Quote from: 69Chrgr on December 28, 2007, 10:28:45 AM
The previous post stating 15.0's is probably jealous he doesn't have a Hemi! :'(

Not likely....Brian has a 505ci Stroker in his 68.  ;)

He's just yankin Doug's chain  :lol:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Ghoste

One of those wedge vs Hemi rivalries, huh?  Or is it a mod thing?  ;)

firefighter3931

Quote from: Ghoste on December 28, 2007, 10:53:30 AM

Just some gold old fashioned smack talk.  :icon_smile_big:

Ron

Ghoste

No idea what you're talking about Ron.  No idea at all.  :angel:

Charger-Bodie

Yep, just jokin!! .......... but for real id say 12.2 and 114mph .......way to many variables with traction.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

Hemidoug

Quote from: firefighter3931 on December 28, 2007, 10:48:21 AM
Quote from: 69Chrgr on December 28, 2007, 10:28:45 AM
The previous post stating 15.0's is probably jealous he doesn't have a Hemi! :'(

Not likely....Brian has a 505ci Stroker in his 68.  ;)

He's just yankin Doug's chain  :lol:

Ron

LOL...And I was yankin' back...... :rofl: :nana:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Hemidoug on December 28, 2007, 10:06:10 AM
15.0 @ 98mph

Any time you want make a go of it......just have lots of greenbacks with you...... :rofl:

I wouldn't race you ! I have just as much of a traction problem as you do and I have no intentions of curing it. :D :coolgleamA: I happen to be a big fan of my driveline parts and want the tires to be the weak link! ......if I was gonna build a drag car it would be an a-body sedan like a valiant or something light :drive:

Hemidoug

Quote from: 1hot68 on December 28, 2007, 12:41:41 PM
Quote from: Hemidoug on December 28, 2007, 10:06:10 AM
15.0 @ 98mph

I wouldn't race you ! I have just as much of a traction problem as you do and I have no intentions of curing it. :D :coolgleamA:

No guts...no glory!  ;D We'll see how much hook I can find with her this spring....I think she has a whole lot in her..... :D

I don't intend to build a race car out of it...I just want to make good use of that Hemi. Right now I just smoke tires.......... :brickwall: I bought a 65 Satellite to cage and tub....That's going to be my wheel stander! :D

69Chrgr

Quote from: firefighter3931 on December 28, 2007, 10:57:02 AM
Quote from: Ghoste on December 28, 2007, 10:53:30 AM

Just some gold old fashioned smack talk.  :icon_smile_big:
Yeah, nothing wrong with some good ole fashion smack talk, and my post was not meant as malice. I would definetely like to see a good ole fashion Hemi vs. Wedge, and then I'll smoke the winner with my smallblock. Just let me know when ya'll are done and I'll come in and clean house. :hah:

Ron

firefighter3931

Quote from: 69Chrgr on December 29, 2007, 09:15:09 AM
Yeah, nothing wrong with some good ole fashion smack talk, and my post was not meant as malice. I would definetely like to see a good ole fashion Hemi vs. Wedge, and then I'll smoke the winner with my smallblock. Just let me know when ya'll are done and I'll come in and clean house. :hah:

And what car is this 360 smallblock in ? A 3900 lb Charger ? Or a 3000 lb a-body ?  :scratchchin:

Drag it up to LVD in september and you can join in the fun.  :slap:  :lol:

Ron

Mefirst

The only thing you guys are going to be looking at, after that green light lights up, is the tail lights of my Charger :nana:

/Tom

PS.... -Ooh and those cases of beer will be making a journey over the seas to Europe after the season of 2008 is over... Its funny isn't it, that you are gonna get your ¤%& handed to you, in a game you invented over there :rofl:

...and :cheers: Gentlemen...

Ghoste

I can almost here the cries of "bring it" right over 'net.  ;D
I can't wait to see how this all plays out. :popcrn:

69Chrgr

Quote from: firefighter3931 on December 29, 2007, 09:26:02 AM
Quote from: 69Chrgr on December 29, 2007, 09:15:09 AM

And what car is this 360 smallblock in ? A 3900 lb Charger ? Or a 3000 lb a-body ?  :scratchchin:

Drag it up to LVD in september and you can join in the fun.  :slap:  :lol:

Oh this is good. It's an Eddy headed 408 in a 68 Notchback. Don't need to drag it, I'll drive it. lol. :coolgleamA: Got to love some smack talking within our own community. I've also had a great idea. Seeing how I'm a member of both, DodgeCharger.com and ForAbodiesOnly.com, we need to have a grudge match between the two. Smallblock A bodies vs. Big Block B bodies. Now that would be awesome. I can cheat as I have both. :lol:

Ron

69Chrgr

What? No takers? Come on, let's get it on!

Hemidoug

Quote from: 69Chrgr on December 29, 2007, 07:42:02 PM

Post up the info on the car.......then we'll talk.

And like Ron said...bring it to LVD in Sept if you got what it takes.....

Quote from: Mefirst on December 29, 2007, 01:20:56 PM
The only thing you guys are going to be looking at, after that green light lights up, is the tail lights of my Charger :nana:

/Tom

PS.... -Ooh and those cases of beer will be making a journey over the seas to Europe after the season of 2008 is over... Its funny isn't it, that you are gonna get your ¤%& handed to you, in a game you invented over there :rofl:

If you're seeing a green light...if you look a little farther down the track, you'll be seeing MY taillights! :coolgleamA: :nana:

69Chrgr

Quote from: Hemidoug on December 30, 2007, 04:29:09 PM
Quote from: 69Chrgr on December 29, 2007, 07:42:02 PM

Post up the info on the car.......then we'll talk.

And like Ron said...bring it to LVD in Sept if you got what it takes.....

Quote from: Mefirst on December 29, 2007, 01:20:56 PM

/Tom

If you're seeing a green light...if you look a little farther down the track, you'll be seeing MY taillights! :coolgleamA: :nana:

O.k. Here is the info.
68 Cuda Notchback
408 Smallblock
11:1 ProTru Flattop Forged Pistons
Eagle Crank
Eagle Sir Rods
Chrome Moly Rings
ARP Hardware
Milodon Windage Tray
Milodon 8 qt. pan
Hughes Custom Roller Cam, 246* duration @.050, .565 Lift
Crane 1.6 Rollers
Edelbrock Heads
M1 Intake
QuickFuel Q Series 750 DP
MSD Ignition
March Underdrive Pulleys
A998 Trans, Dynamic 3700 9 1/2 conv., CRT RMV
3.91 SureGrip
SuperStock Springs
Competition Engineering Shocks
100 shot of spray, however I don't think I'll need it, no offense of cours. lol. :nana:
Where shall we meet? :D