News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I Am Legend

Started by volk68, December 17, 2007, 08:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68RT4ME

Quote from: Dave22443 on December 19, 2007, 11:55:26 AM
In the end, I enjoyed it.  And when it comes right down to it, any movie will fall apart if you pick at it long enough.   :yesnod:

:iagree:  It was a good movie. entertaining to watch, full of suspence. Highly unlikely to happen. I always liked the original "Omega Man" movie. Worth watching if you never saw it just for the cool car(s) in the movie.
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

RTPTRON

I saw it last night.  I loved the first few minutes.  When I got home I had to check the garage to make sure my Christmas gift was still there.

The movey was OK but not great for a Will Smith movey.

Merry Christmas folks.

SeattleCharger

Quote from: RTPTRON on December 25, 2007, 12:33:17 PM
I saw it last night.  I loved the first few minutes.  When I got home I had to check the garage to make sure my Christmas gift was still there.

The movey was OK but not great for a Will Smith movey.

Merry Christmas folks.

did you happen to love the first few minutes because you have a new mustang in your garage that is like the one he drove? 

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

RTPTRON

did you happen to love the first few minutes because you have a new mustang in your garage that is like the one he drove? 

Let me think,,,,,,,,,,YA!

I think his may have had a upgraded exhaust system because I am pretty sure it sounded better than mine.  I also think that deer hunting in any car is a pretty cool thing to watch.  Would never do it???

SeattleCharger

Quote from: RTPTRON on December 25, 2007, 02:02:31 PM

Let me think,,,,,,,,,,YA!

I think his may have had a upgraded exhaust system because I am pretty sure it sounded better than mine.  I also think that deer hunting in any car is a pretty cool thing to watch.  Would never do it???
  Lucky Bastard!   :nana:    I know this is the Charger site, but that car is pretty neat I gotta say, they look better with the bigger offset wheels and other visual mods,

JoeyGowdy

It was better than I thought it would be... I'm not to fond of remakes though.
Sincerely, Joey Paul Gowdy

chargerboy69

The wife and I watched it yesterday.

We thought it was good. The movie is very suspenseful. The ending was alright.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

justin1987

I just got back from watching it. I really enjoyed it. I'm a big Will Smith fan.

nh_mopar_fan

We just got back from seeing it.

Not bad. I liked the Omega Man, a lot.

Some suspension of disbelief required though but not as much as those Star Wars movies....  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

440charger68

The omega man was much better, both had crappy endings though.
life's a garden, dig it.

rav440

i watched it the other night . it was good there were a few flaws but what movie is perfect . the most major flaw i thought was the BLACKBIRD on the deck of an aircraft carrier  :shruggy:
the DARK SEEKERS were NOT ZOMBIES or VAMPIRES  ::) they were still living humans that were infected with the KV virus . and what the big deal with the gas ? wouldnt it last for years under ground tanks  ?
all in all i liked it  :2thumbs:
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

justin1987

Quote from: rav440 on January 01, 2008, 08:22:27 AM
i watched it the other night . it was good there were a few flaws but what movie is perfect . the most major flaw i thought was the BLACKBIRD on the deck of an aircraft carrier  :shruggy:

The USS Intrepid is a museum with all sorts of aircraft, not just aircraft used on aircraft carriers.

http://www.intrepidmuseum.org/intrepidmuseum/aircraft/

Brock Samson

Quote from: rav440 on January 01, 2008, 08:22:27 AM
the DARK SEEKERS were NOT ZOMBIES or VAMPIRES  ::) they were still living humans that were infected with the KV virus . and what the big deal with the gas ? wouldnt it last for years under ground tanks  ?
all in all i liked it  :2thumbs:

the SR-71 is actually there... At the Intrepid Air Museum...
Black Bird: (Kelly Johnson has never gotten his due,.. Our paper only ran a two paragraph obit on him when he passed and i was seriously pissed,.. i went to the top editors to complain who gave me a B.S. explanation... That was the beginning of my disenchantment with the paper, but i digress..)  :RantExplode:
http://aeroweb.brooklyn.cuny.edu/database/museums/getimage.htm?id=2178
gallery
http://aeroweb.brooklyn.cuny.edu/database/museums/gallery.htm?muscode=isasm

the part of the movie i didn't get was Fred being moved & his being trapped,  the Dark Seekers were up to all that?..  :scratchchin:  :shruggy:
and he wasn't even cautious?..  :shruggy:
I liked his relationship with the dog but after that the whole movie lost it's appeal for me...

i did like the tone and feel of the last man in NYC though,.. Some great touches and details to impart that lonely feeling and if you've ever walked down 5th Ave. at lunchtime in the heat of summer that's really got to really move you...

my favorite last man on earth story was the book earth Abides by George R. Stewart,..
i don't believe it's ever been a movie, but it is a fantastically great book... According to the below source, Stephen king's Stand, was based on it apparently..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_Abides

RallyeMike

Omega Man was much better for the following reasons:

1. Heston smokes Will on the tough-guy meter.
2. The infected people were intelligent vampire-ish types instead of rabid beasts.
3. Heston enjoyed wiping out the infected beings - it was kind of a hobby to pass the time.
4. Man, that 70's dialog, brother! Right on.
5. Lack of cheesy, overdone computer animation.

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

SeattleCharger

Quote from: RallyeMike on January 01, 2008, 11:54:57 PM
Omega Man was much better for the following reasons:

1. Heston smokes Will on the tough-guy meter.
2. The infected people were intelligent vampire-ish types instead of rabid beasts.
3. Heston enjoyed wiping out the infected beings - it was kind of a hobby to pass the time.
4. Man, that 70's dialog, brother! Right on.
5. Lack of cheesy, overdone computer animation.

Hey Mike, how's it goin.  I will rent Omega Man sometime then, sounds cool.

Why in legend did he have to run with the grenade?  did it have more power than if he rolled it on floor and climbed in with lady?  I would change that part, didn't make sense, seemed he would want to go with girl,  all of a sudden he loses his strong survival instinct?   

RallyeMike

I think he was broken hearted over the loss of his dog....   :shruggy:
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/