News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I Am Legend

Started by volk68, December 17, 2007, 08:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

volk68

If you haven't seen it, go check it out.  Intense! 

TruckDriver

I would guess you liked it then. Looks pretty good to me, and I'm not a Will Smith fan.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

nh_mopar_fan

As good as the original?

volk68

I never saw the original Omega Man, and I understand the plot deviates from the book quite a bit, but as an edge of the seat nailbiter, I Am Legend rocked.

bull

I saw it on Saturday and thought it was ok. Computer-generated monsters don't really do much for me.

SeattleCharger

the way the monsters fought as a group sort of reminded me of the "I Robot" fight scenes, they were faster than zombies, cool movie, would have changed the ending slightly, but worth seeing  :Twocents:      the monsters were part of film, but also what a scenario like he was in might be like, or what could happen to the world from messing with sh#$

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Dave22443

I saw it and liked it.  Applause broke out at the end in the theator I watched it in.  My wife said it creeped her out though  :pity:

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

Charger74

Saw it friday, I liked it a lot.  Very different movie.  I don't think I've seen the orginal, but may have to go check it out.

SeattleCharger

Quote from: Dave22443 on December 18, 2007, 06:37:00 AM
I saw it and liked it.  Applause broke out at the end in the theator I watched it in. 

same here

my73charger

Man I want to see this one for sure.

MichaelRW

I saw it and liked it.  Applause broke out at the end in the theator I watched it in.  My wife said it creeped her out though  :pity:

That reminded me of when I saw the Planet of the Apes (original 1st one) in the theater. At the end of the movie when Charlton Heston is riding the horse on the beach and the camera pans up and there is the  _______________________, there was dead silence in the theater.

I also saw Omega man in the theater. The impact was greater then when the storyline of the movie was actually in the future.
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

Charger_Fan

I like what I've seen in the previews, hopefully I can see it sometime around Christmas.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Dave22443

Quote from: MichaelRW on December 18, 2007, 02:13:24 PM

I also saw Omega man in the theater. The impact was greater then when the storyline of the movie was actually in the future.

You do realize that Omega Man was itself a remake of an earlier film.  :lol:

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

CHARGERMAN2007_69

One of the best movies
1971 charger SE 500
1970 charger r/t(clone)
1970 GTX(clone)
1999 Durrango
1997 jeep grand Cherokee
1973 gtx 1 of 117
1996 Dodge ram

bull

That reminded me of when I saw the Planet of the Apes (original 1st one) in the theater. At the end of the movie when Charlton Heston is riding the horse on the beach and the camera pans up and there is the  _______________________, there was dead silence in the theater.

I don't think you really have to worry about spoiling the endging of a 40-year-old movie.

SeattleCharger

Quote from: bull on December 18, 2007, 11:53:59 PM

I don't think you really have to worry about spoiling the ndging of a 40-year-old movie.

dang it, I have seen most of that movie up until the ending and was planning on watching the ending sometime here, now I know he rides his horse on the beach right at the end, I thought the apes were gonna kill him by the cave,   :brickwall:,   you ruined it for me. 

DodgeByDave

Yep, PT Barnum said it best. There are suckers born every minute. And I like Will Smith.

The deal opened with old boy hunting deer from a moving car with a machine gun, and with a shiny pretty new mustang to boot.

Vampires that can tell time? ("I'll be at the same place everyday when the sun is highest in the sky!!!!!")

They must come out in the day too.

3 years, must have used a lot of sta bill.

LOL fresh bacon and eggs after 3 years

Electricity, running water, I'll bet the phone worked too.

and the hollywierd screenwriters want more money?

The only redeeming part of the whole thing was WS impersonation of John Lithgow from "the day after"

"Is there anybody there? Anyone at all?"

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

Save your money, it's already on the internet.

Arnold and a company of marines couldn't save this trainwreck.

DBD
III, we are everywhere

69CoronetRT

Quote from: DodgeByDave on December 19, 2007, 07:44:36 AM
Yep, PT Barnum said it best. There are suckers born every minute. And I like Will Smith.

The deal opened with old boy hunting deer from a moving car .......<snip>

We saw it last night and thought a lot of the same things.

Lots of 'filler' and slow pacing at times too.

Smith was good but the rest of the movie left a lot to be desired. :Twocents:
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

Dave22443

Vampires that can tell time? ("I'll be at the same place everyday when the sun is highest in the sky!!!!!")
DBD

I think you missed the point on this one.  The radio broadcasts saying where he would be at what time were not for the "vampires" as you call them, they were for any other survivors like him.  Thats how the girl found him.

But many of your other points are well taken.

- Abraham Lincoln

moparjohn

THe final scene(?) was filmed in a small town called Mnt. Airy, 5 minutes from my house
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

volk68

The deal opened with old boy hunting deer from a moving car with a machine gun, and with a shiny pretty new mustang to boot.

The only redeeming part of the whole thing was WS impersonation of John Lithgow from "the day after"

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

DBD

It's funny, I thought there were holes in the plot, but you didn't mention any of them  ;)

I thought they explained everything but the running water fairly well.  Bank of generators are shown, the fuel stabil wasn't shown, but I can suspend my belief on that one.  I don't know what the shelf life is on powdered eggs, but I bet it's pretty long.  Additionally, bacon has already been cured and smoked and can be carried in a thawed condition for a long time without going bad, let alone when it's vacuum packed and frozen.  Again, don't know the shelf life there, but I bet it would surprise us. 

There were a lot bigger issues than the ones you mentioned, but that is in any movie.  You do have to suspend belief at some point.

bull

You can freeze bacon if you have electricity and he had two or three Honda generators going during the day. I could suspend my disbelief on the gas too. The stuff will still burn with a little minor doctoring when necessary.

Yea, the deer hunting was a joke. I don't know any hunter worth a damn who couldn't accidentally kill at least one when there's 250 of them running loose through the streets. Just hit three with the car and go get another new Mustang if the dents bother you. Better yet, just sit still with the gun instead of running the stupid things. And did the lions come from the zoo?

Powdered eggs. The chick who moved in said so. As far as the water, that was a big stretch for me too but I could hear some sort of pumping sound going when he was washing the dog. Still, I bet there's easily a five-year supply of bottled water in NY to supply a dog and one guy. Probably a five-year supply of new Mustangs too.

One other thing though... what do all the zombies live on if they don't have food? The premise as I understood it is that they are regular zombies (with a little vampire thrown in) so they need to feed on the flesh of the living, right? There's only one uninfected guy on the island; what to they eat? At least in 28 Weeks Later the virus died with the infected once they were quarantined and starved to death. That made sense to me. But then that's not the only zombie movie that contains that particular flaw.

Dave22443

I assumed that the fed on the animals, presumably at night.  This would seem to make sense to me since the "Zombies" were basically people stripped of all but their most basic animal instincts.  And remember the deer that ran into the building being chased by the dog?  Were they feeding on that when they were all standing around in the vault?

I never read the book or saw either of the previous movies so I have only this movie to go on.  In the end, I enjoyed it.  And when it comes right down to it, any movie will fall apart if you pick at it long enough.   :yesnod:

- Abraham Lincoln

SeattleCharger

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

DBD

You are observant to a degree here, but you missed some things as mentioned above by bull:  bank of generators, powdered eggs, radio message was in hopes any survivors heard it.  Are you joking about that?   You think he was hoping a vampire would meet him at high noon in the sunlight?  like a trap?  they hear the message and walk out to meet him and wa la? 
     I asked my dad about how he figured the 8 + year old mustang was all waxed and shiny (movie in slight future, he said when he was in michigan growing up people would wash their cars all the time parked next to the river with buckets,)
   I wondered about some things also, but seems the movie did try and show how each thing was possible.  He had map of city that he systematically explored and checked off to find canned foods and medicine, etc.  Showed him pumping gas out of service station with hand pump in to cans, there would be enough gas in new york city for him to run generators full time and drive vehicles part time, for the three years.
     And, he was a luitenent colonel in the military, and also a doctor, so he was probably pretty smart and somewhat trained already in lots of areas that would pertain to surviving, like knowing if powdered eggs last 3 years, or the bacon.   The only plot problem I didn't like was why it seemed a weapon would do different damage if it was tossed(best option) or placed near a structure, (you know what I mean?)   
  How about the snare?, cool,

bull

One more question. Did the zombie leader have it in for Will Smith (WS) because he trapped his girlfriend or something? It seems odd to me that the zombies got smart all of a sudden after WS had already trapped and experimented on dozens of zombies prior to that day. From them on, between moving Fred for the the boobie trap and the wild dogs, etc., that the zombie leader was trying to get revenge. But then when they finally got into the lab there was no reaction to seeing the female zombie on the table. Was it just a matter of zombie pride that they work so hard to get at him, especially if they don't need him for food?

I would have just popped their leader in the noggin' when he poked his head out and it wouldn't have been an issue but I guess WS had some zombie guilt or compassion or something. :shruggy: