News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What other newer cars wheels will fit on a 68 Charger? ? ?

Started by skip68, December 16, 2007, 10:56:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

I'm getting the car ready for paint and I need a set of cheap wheels & tires to put on it just for paint.  So, is there a newer car that has the same bolt pattern and I can get the wheels at a wrecking yard all day long for next to nothing? ? ? ?   Thank's guy's,   Chuck............
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

69charger2002

if you're going to a wrecking yard get something cheap and easy like some steel wheels off an 80's ford crown vic or something. any ford or dodge car with 5 lug that doesn't have the 0 type offset should be ok. even jeep wheels are sometimes ok, sometimes the front's don't work on a charger type hub because of the backspace/offset. but most older ones will fit just for rollers.. if you find a junkyard with older stuff, you won't have any problems finding wheels off a dodge or ford car from the 70's. usually no problems with the older RWD cars.. even a few of the light duty early 80s ford and dodge trucks used 5 on 4.5.. truthfully i try to find early 90's late 80's ford rangers. they usually have good roller wheels and tires for chargers
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

NMike

first generation grand cherokees have space saver spares that work perfectly for that. super cheap from wreckers if not free.

471_Magnum

Quote from: NMike on December 28, 2007, 01:41:41 AM
first generation grand cherokees have space saver spares that work perfectly for that. super cheap from wreckers if not free.

The 155-80-16 Jeep compact spares work okay, but due to the deep offset, they will bottom out on the corners 11" rear break drums before seating. A 1/4" spacer cures this. The 155's are harder find. The 125s are much shorter and more common.

Quote from: 69charger2002 on December 16, 2007, 11:08:47 PM
if you're going to a wrecking yard get something cheap and easy like some steel wheels off an 80's ford crown vic or something. any ford or dodge car with 5 lug that doesn't have the 0 type offset should be ok.

Actually, a zero-type offset is okay. It's the POSITIVE offset, deep backspace you don't want.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."