News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Thumbwheel 8track WIW

Started by greatwn73, December 16, 2007, 11:50:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatwn73

I found this at a customers shop last week and the owner gave it to me,wonder what its worth. I know its probably not correct for a Charger because it doesn't say Dodge on the faceplate but its in good shape and I was told it works.

Part# 2884 633
          Serial # 10691    64469

Harlow

looks to be in nice shape, even looks like it has the bezel. I'm gonna say 80 to 100 if it works.

Ghoste

Seriously?  He gave it to you?  If it works, even if it doesn't, it's worth a helluva lot more than 80 bucks but if you want to sell it for that much let me be first to say I'll take it.   Not to flip either. 
The faceplate would be correct for a Charger in 69 btw.  You're sure on the last digit in that part number?

greatwn73

I am going to sell it because it won't fit anything I own. Just wanted some opinions before I post it for sale.

69CoronetRT

Quote from: greatwn73 on December 16, 2007, 11:50:12 AM

I found this at a customers shop last week and the owner gave it to me,wonder what its worth. I know its probably not correct for a Charger because it doesn't say Dodge on the faceplate but its in good shape and I was told it works.

Part# 2884 633
          Serial # 10691    64469

Actualy, that is the correct radio/player for a 69 Charger/Coronet with Rallye (or maybe non Rallye in the Coronet and Belvedere...it probably is the same I don't know for sure) dash. It's the same PN as mine. They can bring several hunderd dollars if restored and working properly.

The date code on yours is 2538 = 253rd day of 1968
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

Ghoste

I can't find that stupid part number anywhere!  :brickwall:

69CoronetRT

Quote from: Ghoste on December 16, 2007, 12:35:00 PM
I can't find that stupid part number anywhere!  :brickwall:

636 is the replacement PN. Many times line PNs don't match replacement PNs or the original PN was superceeded.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

y3chargerrt

Put it on Ebay. I bet you get at least $250.00 for it. Many Mopars have radios that say Chrysler on them.

Ghoste

Oh, never knew that.  Is there a source out there somewhere for line numbers?

69CoronetRT

Quote from: Ghoste on December 16, 2007, 12:45:03 PM

Not that I'm aware of.

BROCK

Quote from: greatwn73 on December 16, 2007, 11:50:12 AM

Part# 2884 633
          Serial # 10691    64469

I'll buy it for my 70 Charger.  Yes it is correct for a 70 as only the other radio options changed over to knobs in 70.

brockwood64@netscape.net

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

Hemidoug

If you only had the bezel for a 69 Charger to go with it...sigh.....I've been looking for YEARS for a good AM/8track bezel...... :brickwall:
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

greatwn73

OK , I think that I'll go get it tested to confirm that it works (don't want to sell junk) and Hemidoug  I'll check to see if he has the bezel.

69CoronetRT

Quote from: greatwn73 on December 16, 2007, 12:57:41 PM

OK , I think that I'll go get it tested to confirm that it works (don't want to sell junk) and Hemidoug  I'll check to see if he has the bezel.

Having an uncut bezel in good shape to go with it would be a nice score.

Greg Lewis (bigmoneylewis on Moparts) did mine

BROCK

Quote from: Hemidoug on December 16, 2007, 12:49:04 PM
If you only had the bezel for a 69 Charger to go with it...sigh.....I've been looking for YEARS for a good AM/8track bezel...... :brickwall:

Do you have the radio Doug?  Judging from your stripe, the bezel you need would have the woodgrain ?!
I just need the radio myself & hope to buy this one.  I also hope you can get the bezel if it becomes
available!!

Hemidoug

Quote from: BROCK on December 16, 2007, 01:34:58 PM

Do you have the radio Doug?  Judging from your stripe, the bezel you need would have the woodgrain ?!
I just need the radio myself & hope to buy this one.  I also hope you can get the bezel if it becomes
available!!

No, I have radio already...I just need the black pebble grain bezel...I can't find one anywhere.......

Hemidoug

I did not know that....THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! :2thumbs:

68charger383

Anyone have any info on whether a dodge music master- Model # 241 is the proper radio for a 68 Charger?

I always see fender code R11 for a Dodge Music Master listed, but have never seen anything to confirm it is the correct radio for the Charger.

1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Charger-Bodie

Like this one?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

MOPARHOUND!

Quote from: 68charger383 on December 16, 2007, 03:04:15 PM
That radio should sell for $300-$600

I agree.

Glad to have scored one off of Craigslist for $175 last summer.  I'd buy another at that price.

Sent it to Greg Lewis (BigMoneyLewis on Moparts, from Alabama) to have it reconditioned, costing another $170, includes shipping both ways.

I've heard various numbers, but if IIRC, Dodge Solid State is said to only be on 1 of every 10 radios.  Plymouth Solid State on 3 of every 10 radios.  Chrysler Solid State is correct for both makes, and the most often found.
1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."

Old Moparz

I wonder how many decks were just tossed in the trash because 8-tracks sucked, & cassette decks were cooler? I know my 1st '69 Charger SE had the bezel hacked up with a Spark-O-Matic POS in it.   :lol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

BROCK

Quote from: Old Moparz on December 16, 2007, 11:10:21 PM
I wonder how many decks were just tossed in the trash because 8-tracks sucked, & cassette decks were cooler? I know my 1st '69 Charger SE had the bezel hacked up with a Spark-O-Matic POS in it.   :lol:

Oh, I'm sure a majority were hacked up.  Somehow my correct woodgrain bezel has been
preserved & another knob type bezel was put in it's place for the AM/FM/Cassette Pioneer. 
All before I became caretaker.  I wasn't into correct options or build sheets back then.  If
I had been, the parts I did collect would pale compared to the parts I would have collected ;D

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: Ghoste on December 16, 2007, 12:45:03 PM

oftenly this works for that:
http://lightningjar.com/decoders/partnumbers/

( not this time thought! )
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html