News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ready to give up

Started by lee, December 15, 2007, 06:12:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lee

I'm ready to melt my 69 charger down into bullits and start shooting chevy guys.I have been watching ebay and now that our dollar is almost par to the US I live in Saskatchewan Canada, I thought now is the time to buy the parts I need for my ca like trunk floor and extentions and quarters and the tail light panel so on ebay I found some very good deals but when I bought all of a sudden the guy says shipping is as much as the bloody part, and I'm still waiting for the one piece front floor board.Some of these guys won't even ship to Canada, some were very rude and even told me to take a hike.I would take a hike if it were to the nearest parts place.Does anyone know where and who would be glad to ship to Canada,I'm tired of mooning the chevy guys when they go by!!!!! :rofl:lol

dodgecharger-fan

Check in to some Canadian sources if you're needing new parts.
For older parts, a friend on the other side of the birder is a good thing to have - or an account with a forwarding company (although I don't know all the details on that.)

www.crosscanadaparts.com is the parent?/sister? company to sherman's. They have sore locations all over the place as well. You'd need to order the parts in most likely but shipping is less of an issue. The store local to me even offers a 10% discount if I order through them instead of the website and I can pick it up + no shipping cost.

http://ultimateperformancecar.ca/?gclid=CP2y4M_Om44CFQGoPgod_CCYUw will source just about anything for you and bring it in to Canada.

This guy was at MOPARFest this past year and is a YearOne dealer. Apparently, shipping isn't as bad as direct from YearOne because they bring stuff in bulk.

There's a few other places around Toronto that are YearOne dealers as well.

Charger_Fan

I bet a lot of the shipping issues are due to getting through customs. I've shipped three things to Canada & all three times, the buyer has pleaded with me to ship it marked "gift" so it doesn't get bogged down in customs. I bet there's a LOT of gifts that make their way into Canada. :lol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

dodgecharger-fan

From the seller's side, it has more to do with the extra paperwork - at least that's what I've been told. Then again, I've had a lot of stuff sent over the border with no complaints from the seller.
It has a lot to do with what it is and how it is shipped, I think.

But the gift thing does get you out of taxes and duties in a lot of cases. It's not really legal. I've never asked for it, but have had some sellers do it. I don't complain. ;)

hotrod98

It's just as difficult getting parts from Canada to the U.S.. I had the superbird parts for my wife's clone project built in Canada and I could have had them built here in the states and had them shipped to me for much less money and much less hassle. I have nothing against Canada, it's just hard to deal with all of the hassles.
A few years ago, we had a Mopar Performance booth set up at the nats and the Canadians would remove the new parts from the original boxes, dirty them up a little and put them in plain paper bags so that they would look used. I guess that saved them a lot of money in taxes or something.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Back N Black

I'm in Canada and the cheapest place to buy sheet metal for my Charger was UAP/NAPA.

squeakfinder

I've sold parts to people in Europe, Japan, South America and Canada. I stopped doing it because for some reason it always took a long time to get paid. :shruggy:
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

Ghoste

Don't forget National Moparts in Beaverton, Ontario.

http://www.nationalmoparts.com/

chgr500

Here's another place to try...

http://www.autobodyspecialt.com/

As a Canadian you can import up to $20 before any duty is owed..
used parts coming into Canada are duty free...new parts are applicable for duty
Importing parts also have applicable goods and service tax 6%...as well as any provincial taxes if new parts...7% in B.C.
Brokerage fees are only for items shipped over the border....Shipping through the post office service is the most economical way to ship into Canada...flat rate brokerage fee of $5 no matter the cost of the item...built into the postal price...
Shipping with ground shipping companies FEDEX, UPS etc. across the border use their own brokerage fees....VERY EXPENSIVE
Items declared as a gift are exempt of everything!

NMike

how far are you from the boarder? i use a US postal address in Washington state. EVERYTHING i buy from USa i send there. i head down once every couple weeks to import the stuff myself.

that way i don't get screwwed by UPS or FedEx in "brokerage" fees.  only costs me a couple of bucks per package at the shipping place.

remember, if you do need something shipped north, please request USPS. no stupid fees.

bull

Never give up, never surrender!

lee

I have noticed that if you get them to put it has a gift it is a lot cheaper but some people frown upon that but others have now problem doing it

Ghoste

The problem with that is that if the shipper does lose the package, how will you prove it's value?  Keeping in mind that they are going to give you a hard time about replacing it even if the paper trail has a legitimate value on it.