News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1968 DODGE CHARGER BRODCAST SHEET LEASE CAR

Started by moparraw, December 15, 2007, 04:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparraw

Hi, I have a 68 Charger. Nice unrestored Utah car, I found the brodcast sheet behind back seat and at bottom under Remarks it says "02 lease car"
Would like more info on this if anyone knows.
Thanks, Moparraw

Charger-Bodie

Welcome to the site!  :wave: And I hope you find the info you are looking for ! :2thumbs:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

miamivice

hey welcome to the site.  thats interesting yours was leased, sames as mine i believe.  i have a 69 318 car, chris told me from the broadcast sheet it was a lease car.  definetely love to lean more about this 'option' as well. 

andy74

A lot of times now days a lease car designation means a fleet order,could be the same thing? :scratchchin:

moparraw

Wayne at T.D.C. told me it may have been a rentel car like Hertz or something, He has nothing like it in his system. He is still checking on it.
Thanks for your help.  :cheers:

1969chargerrtse

Welcome to the site, I see you took my advise quick and joined. :icon_smile_big:  This is the place to  get fast accurate answers and I'm sure you will make a lot of friends.  Glad to have you aboard.  :2thumbs:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

moparraw

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on December 18, 2007, 07:03:44 PM
Welcome to the site, I see you took my advise quick and joined. :icon_smile_big:  This is the place to  get fast accurate answers and I'm sure you will make a lot of friends.  Glad to have you aboard.  :2thumbs:

Thanks for your advise,  Cool website

moparraw

Quote from: moparraw on December 18, 2007, 07:49:29 PM

Hey, I'm trying to upload a pic in profile, wont go is there a trick???

C_stripes

Quote from: moparraw on December 15, 2007, 04:22:26 PM
Hi, I have a 68 Charger. Nice unrestored Utah car, I found the brodcast sheet behind back seat and at bottom under Remarks it says "02 lease car"
Thanks, Moparraw

Welcome,     I see you say it is a Utah car, Are you from Utah??
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

moparraw

Quote from: C_stripes on December 18, 2007, 08:52:12 PM
Quote from: moparraw on December 15, 2007, 04:22:26 PM
Thanks, Moparraw

Welcome,     I see you say it is a Utah car, Are you from Utah??

No i live in Wisconsin

Troy

Quote from: moparraw on December 18, 2007, 08:35:44 PM

Check the Site Suggestions/Help Desk area. There are several things that could be the problem and we've covered them all. My guess is that your picture is too large (either dimensions OR file size).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

moparraw

Quote from: Troy on December 20, 2007, 01:37:07 PM
Quote from: moparraw on December 18, 2007, 08:35:44 PM

Check the Site Suggestions/Help Desk area. There are several things that could be the problem and we've covered them all. My guess is that your picture is too large (either dimensions OR file size).

Troy

Thanks, i'll try that

1969chargerrtse

Yea, if your doing that little picture over to the left, It's got to be reduced real small.  I just kept reducing mine, hitting save, and trying again until it took.  Good Luck, Rob.

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

70gtx440dana

Not exactly sure on this but thought I would chime in. Chrysler executive employees ordered company "lease" cars very regularly. This was part of the Chrysler executive benefit program.
The lease cars could be ordered for the employee or family member. The lease cost was very inexpensive. They were often kept only a year or so before ordering another. I dated
a girl whose father worked at Chrysler and her family usually had two or three new cars leased at a time in the early 80's. The cars were then turned in and sold at auction or too employees.
70 Road Runner FJ5 383-4speed Air Grabber
70 GTX FE5 440-4speed Dana 3.54
70 Charger R/T FJ5 440-4peed Dana 3.54

moparraw

Thanks for reply, I didn't know if dealers actually "Leased" cars in '68 like they do today with monthly payments and whatnot or if it meant it was a fleet car built to go to a rental company.
Either way its a good conversation piece, Thanks for your input, Rich