News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Att. Dart people

Started by Drop Top, October 02, 2005, 07:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drop Top

I got a call today from a guy that has a 69 RR that he wants me to paint. When I told him how much it would be. He backed off a bit. Thats OK this has happened with this same guy for the last 4 or 5 years. Always with a differant car. When it was finished it was never the way he wanted it done or done as well as one of my cars. He has the money to do the cars the right way he's just tight fisted. Witch isn't a bad thing. I just won't compromise my work and cut any corners.

The last car was a 69 Dart 383 4-speed numbers car. He took it to someone else after he talked to me. He told the painter that he wanted to have a show car. The owner didn't check on it for about 6 months. The painter shaved the door handles and locks then mini tubbed the rear. Its was ready for paint when the painter called him for the color he wanted. Well when he say the car he about filled his shorts. Left and hasn't been back to see the car for about a month. So I'm thinking about seeing both cars and maybe doing a little trade. Painting his RR for the Dart. Mind you I haven't seen eather car. But what I'd like to know is the value of a finished 69 Dart 383 4-speed (GTS) with all the correct numbers matching running gear. Any educated guesses?

Any help from all you Dart fans would be greatly appreciated. Most of you already know That I have a 68 Convertable Dart (Thats where my call name comes in). So I have a great many extra parts around.

By what other people have told me regardless, he's going to have me do the car. He dosn't want the dart anymore, and doing a trade at this point, wouldn't be too bad for me. It might get the deal done and be good for both of us.

dart3404

You could ask JohnRR on Moparts he has a 69 GTS 383 4spd car.

Drop Top

Morparts won't let me register. I have tried many times over the years and can't seem to get it done.  :shruggy:

dart3404

that is strange. I'll ask him.

MoparYoungGun

I would think a fully restored '69 Dart GTS 383 4spd would be worth about $30-35k.

UPADTE
Just checked www.collectorcarmarket.com and this site gives a price of $30,822.

6pkrunner

Wow - nice to hear the prices are high for the little A bodys. I got a 1968 383 GTS auto 3.55 car for $1500 about 10 years ago. Needs total resto, but nice. The original hood was traded for a flat hood that someone added the venerable 1970 Swinger scoops to. I got depressed looked for a 68/69 bulge hood as they were all in the $400 to $600 range. A friend found me one for the sum of $150.

Good luck on your GTS hunt.

nh_mopar_fan

That 30K figure is probably right in the ballpark.

I've got a 67 GTS w/383.

Drop Top

Thanks for the help guys. Thats great news. Makes me wonder what my little convertable is worth. If I know this guy it might be a while before I see eather of the cars. This is one of thouse guys that try to wait and see if I will slow down and get hungry. That wont happen anytime soon. I'm snowed in now with work for the next 8 months to a year at least.