News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dodge Ram "BFT"

Started by Lowprofile, December 13, 2007, 11:08:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lowprofile

So, you wanted the ultimate Dodge Tow Vehicle.........looks like it might be coming..... :drool5:

http://www.motivemag.com/pub/news/SEMA_2007_Dodge_Ram_BFT.shtml
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

RD

HOLY SHNIKES....  that is cool  :drool5:
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Todd Wilson

I like it! Its even in my color!

Todd

learical1

I thought I saw other pictures of this on a different website with a custom chopper in the bed ont the truck.
Bruce

PocketThunder

"Dodge says BFT stands for "built for towing," but I think we all know it actually stands for "Big F---ing Truck"   :rofl:  thats awesome.!

"And there's one thing the heavy-duty trucker can never get enough of: a bigger box."   :scratchchin:  Is that true Low Pro?  :D
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Steve P.

I'm sceptical about this one. It is KILLER as a show truck. I don't see it as a TOW vehicle.

1) Two extra feet of box may make a difference to some businesses, but I don't think it will take the place of a flat bed.

2) I think it's center of gravity is going to make towing less likely than more likely. (They are calling it a BUILT FOR TOWING) vehicle.

3) Big diesel with tons of power with an automatic behind it and a tiny little receiver hitch!!!!

4) The bed is an extra 6 inches above normal, so that will cause hell for many goose neck and fifth wheel guys.

5) To put a camper in it would be nice. 2 more feet of living space would make a huge difference. On the other hand you would need a ladder to climb up in it. Also you camper jacks would need to be a bunch longer and stronger... Probably more of them too.

6) Now you have more room for bodies in the bigger camper but cannot carry more than 3 people in the cab...

I know this is just a LOOK AT ME truck for now. I just wish they would put all the effort into making a killer product that will STOP Americans from buying NON-American products.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Lowprofile

Quote from: PocketThunder on December 13, 2007, 02:32:51 PM
"Dodge says BFT stands for "built for towing," but I think we all know it actually stands for "Big F---ing Truck"   :rofl:  thats awesome.!

"And there's one thing the heavy-duty trucker can never get enough of: a bigger box."   :scratchchin:  Is that true Low Pro?  :D

Depends on what kind of load you need to pack in that "big box".  :D    Some loads are larger than others. But alas, some will buy it just to perpetuate the fantasy that they indeed need a "big box" when in fact all they have is the ability to fill a "short box". Ego can be such an ugly thing.  :D
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Forza

Holy hell. Bolt a turret on the back and call it a fricken tank!

learical1

Bruce

Highbanked Hauler

i thought I saw somewhere that Ford already had a 450 --550  Pick Up  if you can call it that, that costs as much or more than an over the road truck :shruggy:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

70charginglizard

Now thats one hell of a beast! :METAL:
70charginglizard

Ghoste

It may come with a small receiver hitch but that big box is a great spot for a fifth wheel.  :coolgleamA:

69charger2002

there's no market for a 2 door!!! that thing will never sell!  :nana:

i just got rid of my dodge truck that was that color. i LOVE that blue.. 2nd only to the 98-01 or so intense blue
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Steve P.

Quote from: Ghoste on December 14, 2007, 09:35:10 PM
It may come with a small receiver hitch but that big box is a great spot for a fifth wheel.  :coolgleamA:

Only you will have to put a lift kit on your fifth wheel to be able to reach up into that monster.  :o
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Big Lebowski

So how much for the quad cab? $55-65,000? :shruggy:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Steve P.

Now if they put TANDEM DUALLYS on it then put a huge bull dog on the hood.  :D
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Todd Wilson

Quote from: Big Lebowski on December 15, 2007, 01:02:33 AM
So how much for the quad cab? $55-65,000? :shruggy:

How much for a MEGACAB!  HAHA! With a 9 foot bed!

Todd

Todd Wilson

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on December 14, 2007, 03:54:46 PM
   i thought I saw somewhere that Ford already had a 450 --550  Pick Up  if you can call it that, that costs as much or more than an over the road truck :shruggy:

International makes a bigp pickup.   Ford has 4500 and 5500 trucks out there but I have never seen one with a pickup box. The railroad I work for has a few of them and they arent that much higher then the standard pickup trucks nowadays.

As for the dinky hitch on it  its a hitch that should be capable of pulling what ever it needs to pull.  They didnt say if this truck would require a CDL to drive.  If its weight capacity is still like the new 1 tons it will be enough to cover what ever up to the CDL limit. If its designed to pull more then it will require a CDL and the bigger hitches for bigger trailers.

Todd

69charger2002

i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/