News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A 383 or 440?

Started by bull, December 15, 2007, 10:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

8WHEELER

Quote from: bull on December 16, 2007, 10:08:14 PM
Gee, I'd hate to have to deal with yet another addiction... :scratchchin:

Curtis
I have been talking about your car back and fourth, as well as many others on this site. Your most
proud thing, is your car is an original 383 4sp car, and proud of the low production of that run.
You don't really make much of the original paint color, so that does not mater as much to you.
If I were you, and listening about everything you have said, I would stick with a 383. Do what
makes you happy, but you can still say its a 383 4sp car, and you can get plenty of HP out of
a 383. I really think you will be more pleased at shows and what not doing so as well. Now if
you were racing this car, or building a street bruiser, that is different........... my   :Twocents:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

bull

Quote from: 8WHEELER on December 17, 2007, 12:28:37 AM
Quote from: bull on December 16, 2007, 10:08:14 PM
Gee, I'd hate to have to deal with yet another addiction... :scratchchin:

Curtis
I have been talking about your car back and fourth, as well as many others on this site. Your most
proud thing, is your car is an original 383 4sp car, and proud of the low production of that run.
You don't really make much of the original paint color, so that does not mater as much to you.
If I were you, and listening about everything you have said, I would stick with a 383. Do what
makes you happy, but you can still say its a 383 4sp car, and you can get plenty of HP out of
a 383. I really think you will be more pleased at shows and what not doing so as well. Now if
you were racing this car, or building a street bruiser, that is different........... my   :Twocents:

Dan

Good points made, Dan. It is kind of cool (to me anyway) that the car is so rare. Basically what I wanted when I started my hunt was a big block R/T 440 or 383 minimum and I had no idea I'd stumble across something so unique. If I had wanted a 440 before I could have had one but the whole time I've owned the car I've been thinking 383. This opportunity presented itself so I'm considering it but either way I just don't see being able to pay what the guy wants for the 440. Today I found out I won't be working on Christmas and that would have put another nice chunk of cash in the Charger fund. As it is I'll probably have to borrow $600 from a relative to swing the 383 deal so right now I don't see the 440 deal working out anyway.