News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Intake Gasket (Valley Pan) Question

Started by TruckDriver, October 01, 2005, 03:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

My car was originally a 400 2bbl. And as some of you know, I'm converting it to a 4bbl. I want to change the Valley Pan Gasket. BUT, I was going to buy one today for a 2bbl and on the box (Felpro brand), it said "Manifold heat cross over gasket for 4bbl carb Hi Performance not included" Now my question is, since I have a 4bbl Edelbrock Performer 383 intake that I am installing, Do I need a Valley Pan Gasket for a 4bbl or can I still use a 2bbl gasket instead???
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

cudaken

First it will work fine. What is the part number, is it a 1214? They have no cross over hole and woth around 2 to 4 HP. Keeps the intake cooler.

Cuda Ken               
I am back

TruckDriver

So your saying use the 2bbl gasket and I'll gain a couple horse power? Just wanna be sure I understand you right.
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Ghoste

The intake gasket for two or four barrel is basically the same.  What Ken is talking about is the heat crossover.  When you look at the valley pan, you should see holes for the four ports on each side.   Those ports should be paired up with two at one and two at the other end (and of course duplicating it on the other side).  BETWEEN those two pairs of intake port holes, there may or may not be a single hole which looks kind of like the intake ports only smaller.  If the hole is there, your heat crossover will work in the intake.  If the small hole has not been punched out, the heat crossover will not work and the car will take svery slightly longer to warm up and it will pick up a few horse.

TruckDriver

Well, then the 2bbl valley pan is the way to go :yesnod: Thanks!
PETE

Ghoste

Like Ken mentioned, what is the part number?

TruckDriver

Felpro ms96007 is the part number for the 2bbl pan
PETE

Ghoste

I don't know that number.   If you haven't bought it yet, why not just get the 1214?

Unless of course, they are the same valley pan and the two barrel one is a whole bunch cheaper just because it doesn't say 4 barrel high performance on it.   Maybe you're on to something?

cudaken

DFS68 said his 383 has the 1214 in take pan (no Cross over). Mine is a 440 and I used a 1215 pan and cost out the butt at $50.00 but it fixed what I was dealing with. No choke well for a 72 440 intake. INC paper gaskets that will work for the blower intake and I was sick of the missing choke well stove. After $12 K was another $50.00. I did exchange the other valley pan. ;D

Bit 3 to 4 HP and not cost MPG for as long as you owen the Charger is well worth it in my books. To bad I only need mine for 500 miles. Then it show time! :icon_smile_big:

Cuda Ken
I am back

Chargerguy74

Quote from: cudaken on October 02, 2005, 11:19:37 PM
DFS68 said his 383 has the 1214 in take pan (no Cross over). Mine is a 440 and I used a 1215 pan and cost out the butt at $50.00 but it fixed what I was dealing with. No choke well for a 72 440 intake. INC paper gaskets that will work for the blower intake and I was sick of the missing choke well stove. After $12 K was another $50.00. I did exchange the other valley pan. ;D

Bit 3 to 4 HP and not cost MPG for as long as you owen the Charger is well worth it in my books. To bad I only need mine for 500 miles. Then it show time! :icon_smile_big:

Cuda Ken

I paid $30 Canadian for my 1215 locally, no deals or nothing
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

Chryco Psycho

TruckDriver

PETE