News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Debating on selling...

Started by Judhudson, December 14, 2007, 01:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judhudson

Earlier in the summer I bought another 73 Dodge Charger SE with a 318 small block that I wanted to use as a daily driver.  Of course, it had to be fixed up a little. 

Well, it had vinyl on it when I bought the car for $3500...I did see a few bubbles, but my stupid self thought that that would be an easy fix.  Well, flash forward to earlier this month, I took it off and blasted a little bit off the roof.  Holes everywhere!  I am going to have to do a roof transplant...

I'm not sure what to do on this subject, since I would have to take it to a bodyshop to put on a new roof.  I have a spare parts car with a roof...  Trouble is, I also have a 68 Charger that I need to be working on, so I am debating to see if I can be able to just sell off the car and write it off as a lost.  The rest of the car is pretty solid minus a hole in the back floorboard, the trunklid and bumper (got another one). 

Was I stupid when I paid $3500 for a 318?  If I was going to sell it with a bad roof, what is the average price?  I'm hoping I won't lose a lot of money, but I highly doubt someone would pay $3500 for a 73' with a bad roof...  :'(

blackcharger

stupid for buying a 318 car ? No. A solid, complete Charger is worth that easy  :Twocents:
I'd check around and see what swaping the roof will cost. Look for someone that does this on the side, will cost you less. BUT, someone with a good rep. AND NEVER say," No Rush"
might cost less than you think.

The70RT

Replacing a roof isn't that hard. We have a young gun on here that did one a while back.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

pettyfan43

Hey Jud, you still got the passenger door to that parts car??  :D :D

Harlow

I was the one who did the roof swap. I had never done any body work before, luckily I had my dad to help, but he had never done any body work either, he remodels homes so he has a lot of tool knowledge and a lot of tools that helped. Anyways its not too bad. I can give you more information and pictures about it if you want. Besides some filler to seal the seams over again and some primer the only other expense is the spot weld cutters.

69charger2002

i hope you can sell it.. you may surely take a loss though. knowing what you knew then i don't thin kyou made a stupid move though.. i bought a 73 running and driving a little over a year ago. it had a holy roof.. otherwise it was solid. i paid $400 for the car with a title(yeah i know).. and i put the car on EBAY and all it went for was $850. if you're honest and show pics of the BAD roof. it scares a lot of people off. i bought the car thinking.. oh man i'll sell this thing for $2000 easy.. it went for $850. i was blown away for a running driving otherwise solid charger.. 73 too.. hopefully you have better luck than i did.. on a separate note this car i had was in about 3 colors, which didn't help matters. you gotta remember, as sad as it is true, MOST buyers on ebay like pretty. they would rather have a junk car that's all one color and runs, than a 3 different color/looks like it needs a ton of work car. or non running. that's not the opinion of most here. but on ebay, it's amazing. people like looks.. i have learned if at all possible. don't sell a car that looks like a terd, clean it up and make it one color, even if primer.. but i digress..

trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Charger1973

I have a roof from a 73 SE I would sell cheap, but youd have to come get it in Iowa.