News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Movement in steering column?

Started by Dodge69_440, December 09, 2007, 07:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodge69_440

Ok, so I took apart my steering column in my 69 column shift to see if it had anything to do with my car not shifting into park, it didn't.  After putting everything back together if I pull on my steering wheel the shaft and everything slides out about an inch.  I can push it back in, but it definately didn't do that before.  I did pull really hard on the upper bearing and I think I might have sheared the pins that allow the column to collapse.  Also, I was unable to reattach the two slotted nuts on the P, R, N, D part.  I have the manual, but it doesn't help much at all if it anyone is familiar with the a 69 steering column it would be appreciated.  I just don't want to fly off one of the local canyons when my steering goes out...

Charger_Fan

I haven't taken one apart yet, but I have collected some pics that may or may not help. :)

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Dodge69_440

Thanks a lot.  Thinking about it Christmas is coming up, anyone know of a good rack and pinion conversion?  I don't want to do the whole clip just the column, not really familiar with the whole procedure if anyone can fill me in, thanks.  Just want to drive!!!