News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I hate it when... *UPDATED* I love it when...

Started by Khyron, December 11, 2007, 09:52:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khyron

You find a can in the local want ads and call a few times, try to send a email, leave a voice message, then when you call your told the car has been sold.

Am I the only person in the world that calls people back to let them know something has been sold that I advertised?

Sux too, I'm actually in the market and want to buy a cute little Dodge Dart. and this one was a 66 :( I love that year.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Old Moparz

Quote from: Khyron on December 11, 2007, 09:52:27 PM
You find a can in the local want ads and call a few times, try to send a email, leave a voice message, then when you call your told the car has been sold.

Am I the only person in the world that calls people back to let them know something has been sold that I advertised?

Sux too, I'm actually in the market and want to buy a cute little Dodge Dart. and this one was a 66 :( I love that year.

Can? Yeah, you're probably the only one looking in ads, most people I see pick them up from the side of the road.  :D 

Car? I doubt you're alone since it's happened to me more than once. Called a dozen times on an early Buick Riviera that sat in a driveway for months, knocked on the door many times, & nobody was ever there. The car disappeared one day & that was it. Also emailed someone else on an elusive Daytona & spoke to him once. The car was a project, but complete for $10K. Waited for pics & then went on for over 6 months of calling & emailing to hear the price was then $45K & still no pics. Posted all the contact info on here & gave up.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

TruckDriver

Quote from: Old Moparz on December 11, 2007, 10:19:26 PM

Can? Yeah, you're probably the only one looking in ads, most people I see pick them up from the side of the road.  :D 

:smilielol:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Khyron

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on December 11, 2007, 10:56:50 PM
:smilielol:

I just picked up a 71 Charger Hot wheels that looks just like the car in your pic  :icon_smile_big: The gold one that is.

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

TruckDriver

I've seen it in a few posts already. :yesnod:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

dukeboy_318

happend to me on a 69 dart 318, big project, guy orginally wante 3500 for it stating that it was a rare as a 340 car, whatever, offered him 1200, did take, one week later i see it hasa sign saying 900 obo on it, call the guy says he sold it for $750, oh well :rotz:
1978 Dodge Power Wagon W200 4x4- 408 stroker/4spd
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. 440 project in the works.

Steve P.

I go through this all the time. I recently had an appointment to look at a 66' Charger about 45 miles south of me. Spoke with the owner many times and worked around his getting called in to work over and over. Finally I was to meet him at his rental space to buy the car. He knew I had hooked up my trailer and gone to the bank. I had spoken with him on the phone many times that morning including to tell him I would be about ten minutes early as the traffic was very easy.   Well as I am coming into Clearwater, (less than 10 miles from him), I get a call on my cell. (Man, I'm glad I caught you before you made it all the way down here. I just sold the car)..   :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:
I nearly completed the trip to see him, but I figured someone would get hurt and turned for home.

Now I know that (MONEY TALKS). I also know that if I have something for sale and someone has bent over backwards to see it, I am NOT going to sell it out from under his nose. He had told me I was the first to call him and that morning was to be HIS FIRST CHANCE to show it. I even called and woke him up that morning.

By the way, I email and call everyone back that asks questions. I pull the ad as soon as the cash is in my hands. I also let people know that sparked some interest that it has been sold. To me that is just being human.
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

BrianShaughnessy

Was it the red one in Saugerties in the WAD ?   
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Steve P.

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on December 12, 2007, 05:07:07 PM

Who are you asking??  :shruggy:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: Steve P. on December 12, 2007, 05:18:43 PM

You're not from around here are ya?

:icon_smile_big:

Khyron

yes, I really wanted that car :cry:

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Steve P.

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on December 12, 2007, 06:27:13 PM
Quote from: Steve P. on December 12, 2007, 05:18:43 PM

You're not from around here are ya?

:icon_smile_big:

Hahahahahahaha,,,,,  NOPE.  I take it you are talking about Saugerties, NY.  No, I am more than a thousand miles south of you.  HOWEVER, I was born and raised in Rochester.

Still have no clue as to what the WAD is...  :shruggy:   :D
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Steve P. on December 12, 2007, 04:27:35 PM
Well as I am coming into Clearwater, (less than 10 miles from him), I get a call on my cell. (Man, I'm glad I caught you before you made it all the way down here. I just sold the car)

I would be really PISSED
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Khyron

Quote from: Steve P. on December 12, 2007, 06:54:44 PM

Hahahahahahaha,,,,,  NOPE.  I take it you are talking about Saugerties, NY.  No, I am more than a thousand miles south of you.  HOWEVER, I was born and raised in Rochester.

Still have no clue as to what the WAD is...  :shruggy:   :D

WantAdDigest ;)

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: Khyron on December 12, 2007, 06:39:36 PM

yes, I really wanted that car :cry:

I didn't know you were looking for anything last we chatted.   Just before LVD that dude sent me a myspace message asking if somebody was looking cause he was selling.   But I think he was looking to get over $5K.    He dropped his price since and I guess it must have sold.

He came to the bagel joint cruise a few times and had to leave it one night cause he blew the rear out doing a one wheel peel - that got fixed.

Khyron

Thanks, thats just ruined my night  :-\

I wanted that car. Called and played the message game, First it's still for sale. then it's not :(

he only wanted $2500, I'm looking at the cash now that would have bought it  :'(

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

We have an update..... and it's a positive one. I'll post up soon  :2thumbs:

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

dodgecharger-fan

bordin34

Quote from: Khyron on December 19, 2007, 07:22:48 PM
You just saved a bunch of money on your car insurance?

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

Steve P.

You just found that savings book from the bank from when you were just a little kid and it's now worth a fortune!!
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Khyron

Quote from: bordin34 on December 19, 2007, 08:11:46 PM
You just saved a bunch of money on your car insurance?

Nope, will not be spending more money on Car insurance ;)

I guess I over reacted a bt, being the holiday season people are busy, and lets face it, sometimes people don't get calls in bad reception areas. But today I was surpised to recieve an email to followup on the Dart that it was still avaiable. Without thinking twice I setup a time to meet up with the owner of this dart and went to see it. The guy is a young Car guy and wanted this car out of the weather and into a garage of someone who will take car of it and give it a good home. He's been busy and has too many projects and no more garage room. So the old girl sat through a few snow falls. I promised it a good home, we agreed on a extreamly fair price. And we bought her.

Well. To make a long story short so I don't bore anyone I'll make it quick. Ever since I got my Charger. My mother has really been into the project. She's got to the local hangout and talked to allot of the car guys and just really got into the whole sprite of the car mentality.

Despite the reputation of Muscle car guys, everyone has shown her a lot of respect and she's really enjoyed herself. Well. Mom is going to retire at the end of this month, and we sat down and talked, she got a good chunk of change and wants an old car. Nothing fast or crazy, just something fun, she figures lifes too short so she wants to enjoy her retirement in the auto world. Me... being the supportive son, and eager to have another car in the stable offered to help. She wanted a Old car. I insisted on her forgetting her part of Ford Mustangs, and get a A-Body Dodge.

So here is my moms new toy, We just went out and payed for it today. SHe'll be home next to the Charger next week.

A 1966 Dodge Dart 270 

The car needs a little work, odds and ends, but she looks good. Rock Solid body, and a lot of fun. She's also got a few surprises.

The paint isn't too horrible, could use a new coat soon, also around the rear wheel wells she's gonna need some work. Should be a lot less work then the Charger was. The interior also needs some cleaning up. The front seats aren't original. there are a lot of things painted that shouldn't be. Also will need a new headliner. But all in all. I think it's all easy stuff.

The body is straight, has some filler where it doesn't belong, but the metal is solid for the year.

A few things to note. She's a Slant 6 Motor. With a twist. For the mopar guys with a keen eye, you'll notice a few very cool things.

1. Yes, thats an Offenhauser Aluminum 4 Barrel Intake. Complete with a 650cfm Carb

2. Yes, those are headers on the old Bent 6 motor

3. It has it's original Cert Card still in the holder 

I will get a picture of the fender tag with it's information as well.
There is one bad things about the car. The motor has a bad Rod. so when she's pulling into my garage. the motor will be yanked out inspected. I'll repair what I need, and put her back together. This isn't a street fighter. This will stay a daily driver.

87,000 Original miles on the motor. I think I did very well with the car.

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

PocketThunder

Nice dart   :2thumbs:  :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

NHCharger

Very cool story.
I like the under dash fan option.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Manfred318

Cool car  :drool5: Glad things worked out  :2thumbs: