News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

B-body 4-link

Started by BB1, December 11, 2007, 12:57:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB1

I'm looking for a true 4-link set up with coil overs for my 68 Charger.
Besides Mangum force.

Thanks

Or if you think SS springs will work better, please advise.

For a Dana 60
Delete my profile

Hemidoug

All I can tell you is that I wanted to go 4 link on my 65 Satellite and my chassis guy told me that I would be happier with a ladder bar set up. Nicer ride for the street, not to complicated to setup and tune for track conditions. You may want to go that route. It really depends on what you want the car to do............... :Twocents:
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

BB1

I'll look into it.

I am looking for a drag set up, something that will hook hard off the line.
I'll be running slicks on a 4.10 Dana. my 540hp Hemi.

My old 69 Charger had a 440-6 and a 4.56 Dana. I couldn't hook up with anything but slicks.
The springs were old, and a pinion snubber was the only traction device.

Jegs has some ladder bars.
Delete my profile

Steve P.

for drag only car I would go with a 4 link. SS springs work well and ladder bars too, but you can really tune a 4 link system.

If you are only racing now and then and mostly using it on the street I would go with the SS springs.

:Twocents:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

firefighter3931

:iagree: SS springs is all you will need with a set of slicks. The runner-up at this years pump gas drags was a 68 Charger running a 604ci hemi that makes 850hp on motor with another 250hp nitrous hit and he runs the SS springs and ET streets. If he can hook.... you will have no problems.  :Twocents:

Fwiw i will be running the SS springs with about the same HP as you but a little more torque.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

BB1

Thanks guys  :scratchchin:

I'm thinking of mini tubs too, just for a wider tire. Any thoughts on that?
Delete my profile

Steve P.

Hell, you can fit a 315/60 inside it now... Or a 325/50.  That's 11.5 inches of tread. I like the looks of ALL THE TIRE I CAN FIT, but if I had to cut the car to get it I would not do it. 

Just my  :Twocents:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Mefirst

My Hemi will make close to 700HP N/A and Ill run my ride on SS springs... So I do think your combo will work nicelly with them as well... And like Steve P** already stated, you can fit really wide tires in the Chargers rear end. I run 325/50 Racemaster DOT slicks and my ride still has stock rear wheel wells...

/Tom

alfe

Quote from: Steve P. on December 12, 2007, 09:55:36 PM
for drag only car I would go with a 4 link. SS springs work well and ladder bars too, but you can really tune a 4 link system.

If you are only racing now and then and mostly using it on the street I would go with the SS springs.

:Twocents:
whath is ss springs ??? is it stock springs????

BB1

Super Stock Springs  :lol:, 3XS

This thread is so old, I wonder what I was thinking back then gezz.  :rotz:
Delete my profile

Steve P.

So BB1, what DID you end up doing??  I have been on the back burner for a while so please forgive me if I missed any links of where your ride is today...    :shruggy:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

BB1

I had so many problems with the body man, I ended up selling the Charger and all of its nice parts.
Economy went south, I left for California to help my folks, but ended up killing my income so I came back to Missouri where I've been since last May.

I'm still paying off the parts, because everything was expensive in 08, 09.
I totally blame myself, to impulsive, to trusting, to stupid, should have waited till now to buy a running Charger.

Now I'm just left with the bills and have lost trust and care about the automotive restoration world.
Delete my profile

Steve P.

Jesus man, awfully sorry to hear that. It seams we are all having our battles. I still have my 65', but she is put away in the shop at my old house, so I don't see her everyday.

I hope things turn for all of us soon. It's a shame you had to sell your baby, buddy. Real shame..  :'(
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

twodko

Damn BB1, that's some bad juju that came your way. I have to believe good things are in store for all of us. 2011 will be good for you!
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

BB1

That's the way things go, priorities do have away of messing with your toys.

Still have a good Union job, roof over my head, food in the frig, I need nothing else.
Delete my profile

dangina

Don't lose faith - it it took one blemish like that to get off of cars I'd been outta the game 10 years ago lol maybe I'm a sucker for punishment - look at it this way its either working on your car or having the wife finding something else for you to fix...me I'll take option A anyday...

BradD

The CalTracs are the way to go for a Street/Occasional Strip car. The SS springs raise the azzend to high in my oppinion. Many of the Stock Eliminator cars with leafs are running CalTracs.
Brad