News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

BB1's 68 Charger Restoration thread *(Update 02/13/09)*

Started by BB1, December 10, 2007, 01:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PocketThunder

Quote from: moparstuart on November 22, 2008, 06:24:14 PM
Quote from: PocketThunder on November 22, 2008, 04:34:47 PM
Back seat will be on the way early next week.. Glad i could help. :yesnod:

Paul
you selling parts out of my car  :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy:

nope, i have two sets of back seats..  :yesnod:   :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Charger-Bodie

What do you plan on using from the 70 front clip?

There are differances.  :yesnod:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

BB1

Quote from: 1hot68 on November 22, 2008, 09:10:54 PM

There are differences.  :yesnod:

K-member
Upper lower control arms
Spindles
I need a shock tower of the left side
Inner fender?

Are they good parts for a 68 Charger? The rest of it I'm selling off.

Delete my profile

BB1

Let me know guys if there is anything that I can add to it at this stage.

This is just a mock up to see how things will fit.

Thanks  ;)
Delete my profile

BB1

Because of some interesting findings... (link below), some of your ideas, and running out of money for anything else, I have decided to restore my Charger to a somewhat stock appearing, cruiser.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52100.0.html

Y'all dig it right?

This is a lesson in flexibility, persistence, and patients. knowing what you want might not be what you like after all is said and done.

I respect the Dodge Charger name in all it's form. Whether it be XL XP XS or the big J-Hemi, Shelby, LX Charger.
Dodge made the Charger cool so did movies and TV shows, but the essence is in it's primary soul, which is something you can't change.

It's the man (forgot name) in front of his drafting board with a pencil that we honor.

A-men brother.

Now that's deep thinking.  :nana:

So this is what I got today for $600.

1970 383 Magnum never rebuilt out of a 70 Roadrunner. It ran good when he pulled it.
Water pump + housing
Motor mounts / flex plate
headers *I'm not using them*
2 15X 6 1/2 wheels and tires
Charger rear bumper
Wheel lip moldings
Chunk 3.23 open
Hub caps, dinged up
Engine stand

-------------------------------
P/S pump
Alt, starter just use them a cores

I am still building the beefy "Hemi" under frame or what I call super R/T undercover. Nobody will see that.  :whistling: Yeah... it's stock.

A sick stroker will have to wait for now.

I'm missing a lot of cool summer events, so just getting it to move under its own power will make me happy for now.

There is also a Green vert Super Bird that keeps running around here, I gota catch him.  :D

Delete my profile

moparstuart

Quote from: BB1 on January 06, 2009, 08:07:46 PM
Because of some interesting findings... (link below), some of your ideas, and running out of money for anything else, I have decided to restore my Charger to a somewhat stock appearing, cruiser.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52100.0.html

Y'all dig it right?

This is a lesson in flexibility, persistence, and patient. knowing what you want might not be what you like after all is said and done.

I respect the Dodge Charger name in all it's form. Whether it be XL XP XS or the big J-Hemi, Shelby, LX Charger.
Dodge made the Charger cool so did movies and TV shows, but the essence is in it's primary soul, which is something you can't change.

It's the man (forgot name) in front of his drafting board with a pencil that we honor.

A-men brother.

Now that's deep thinking.  :nana:

So this is what I got today for $600.

1970 383 Magnum never rebuilt out of a 70 Roadrunner. It ran good when he pulled it.
Water pump + housing
Motor mounts / flex plate
headers *I'm not using them*
2 15X 6 1/2 wheels and tires
Charger rear bumper
Wheel lip moldings
Chunk 3.23 open
Hub caps, dinged up
Engine stand

-------------------------------
P/S pump
Alt, starter just use them a cores

I am still building the beefy "Hemi" under frame or what I call super R/T undercover. Nobody will see that.  :whistling: Yeah... it's stock.

A sick stroker will have to wait for now.

I'm missing a lot of cool summer events, so just getting it to move under its own power will make me happy for now.

There is also a Green vert Super Bird that keeps running around here, I gota catch him.  :D

MEEP MEEP  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Mopar2Ya

Quote from: BB1 on November 23, 2008, 06:24:09 AM

K-member
Upper lower control arms
Spindles
Inner fender?

The '70 K-member is different, but I think it still fits?  :shruggy:

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

BB1

Quote from: Mopar2Ya on January 06, 2009, 09:10:42 PM
Quote from: BB1 on November 23, 2008, 06:24:09 AM

K-member
Upper lower control arms
Spindles
Inner fender?

The '70 K-member is different, but I think it still fits?  :shruggy:

I have it bolted up now with no problems. 2 gens k-frames should all be the same.  :shruggy:

I would love to find a BB1 68 Super Bee or 68 Roadrunner. Don't know if the paint code is the same for Plymouth.

Picture of a black Super Bee? anyone anyone?
Delete my profile

BB1

Delete my profile

69*F5*SE

Not a bad stretch of motor and parts for $600   :2thumbs:  Ted

BB1

Thanks 69

The guy had a really nice GL and a B5 70 Roadrunner 4-speed N96.

I am going to take the engine apart, but leave the short block together.
Clean the heads and pistons of carbon, new timing chain, new cam and lifters, push rods, valve job, oil pump, all new gaskets and painted 68 turquoise.
It should run fine like that.

I'll be look for a house so I need a good down payment. The 440 can wait.
:2thumbs:
Delete my profile

moparstuart

Quote from: BB1 on January 07, 2009, 10:36:05 AM
Thanks 69

The guy had a really nice GL and a B5 70 Roadrunner 4-speed N96.

I am going to take the engine apart, but leave the short block together.
Clean the heads and pistons of carbon, new timing chain, new cam and lifters, push rods, valve job, oil pump, all new gaskets and painted 68 turquoise.
It should run fine like that.

I'll be look for a house so I need a good down payment. The 440 can wait.
:2thumbs:
I have found  that the stock push rods are the best (reasonable)  out there , just reuse them dont waste your money .   Well check yours anyway .

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BB1

Placing a threads here as a continuing story of the build, and for others that have bad body shop experiences.

Be aware of what people promise, ask for references, don't pay any money upfront, inspect work, do not just leave it there.
I'm a year behind now and mad as hell, which cause me to almost sell it all.

It's a dam epidemic.  :flame:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,53113.0.html

Moving on...  :vert:

T-6 weeks until I move BB1 to the West coast.

I will be going by Larry @ LPL Body Works in Amarillo, Texas for an estimate. He wrote the book Project Charger, with a 70 Charger on the front cover.

Then I'll store it until I can pay off all my credit cards, which could take another year.

Moving pictures to come... and pics of Larry's shop. 

Excelsior!

A used 6.1 Hemi is coming down in price, I will make it my choice of engine and trans for my Charger.
Delete my profile

69*F5*SE

I have the Project Charger book.  Larry's got to be a trustworthy guy.  I'm sure things will turn out better.  Hold on to your dream. I know that easy to say. Good luck with your move. Pics, pics, pics.   :yesnod:

BB1

Yes, I've talked to Larry already, he sounds like a great guy.
I get the impression he is very old school and has a very successfully bodyshop business for decades.
He doesn't toot his own horn like the loser I had before. Beware of tooters.  ;)

He has a waiting list which I knew he had. That's cool I have to recover from $*&^%*$&@ hole experience I have in Kansas.

Can't wait to meet him.

Delete my profile