News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hell Yeah: Here are some pics of my 426 Indy Hemi 1 Legend

Started by BB1, December 08, 2007, 02:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB1

I've been a busy guy lately,... also I've been holding out on you guys.  :D :D :D

Went and pick up a Hemi for my 68 Charger, found it in the local ads here.
Guy had it in a black 68 Charger, he wanted a bigger Hemi in it.

Yes it is a 426 with Indy heads and Indy intake with a Killer Demon carb.  :2thumbs:
Runs like a Bat out of Hell!

Tell you more later, I'm off to Arkansas City for my job.

Here is my Charger in the body shop.

Later  ;D
Delete my profile

Hemidoug

VERRRRRRY nice you lucky dog! When are you going to fire it up?
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

BB1

Maybe Spring.  ;)

I'll need some help from you Hemi guys to set the car up for Drags.

Horse power is about 600, I know a shop in town that has a engine Dyno, so I might pay him a visit.
Delete my profile

Hemidoug

Check out my thread in the chassis section...All I want for Xmas is some hook.....I'm going through some issues with 600 HP under foot myself. :icon_smile_big:
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

keepat

I love the polished Indy valve covers with the black Charger! looks awesome! :2thumbs:
Pat

RD

so when is the "kansas mafia at the hemi picnic day"?  I am sure I can load up a case of beer and come up and talk shop while looking at that gorgeous hemi all day long... oh yeah, grille some steaks too!  we need to set up a dodgecharger.com kansas mafia get together once a year... hmmmm... i see a light bulb flashing on  :scratchchin:
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

The70RT

Quote from: RD on December 08, 2007, 07:01:56 PM
so when is the "kansas mafia at the hemi picnic day"?  I am sure I can load up a case of beer and come up and talk shop while looking at that gorgeous hemi all day long... oh yeah, grille some steaks too!  we need to set up a dodgecharger.com kansas mafia get together once a year... hmmmm... i see a light bulb flashing on  :scratchchin:

NICE HEMI.........  :drool5: Since It's your Idea Pomona lake sounds good. Someone needs to make a graph of all the Kansas members and find the best centrally located place to do so.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Todd Wilson

Quote from: RD on December 08, 2007, 07:01:56 PM

Labor day weekend!

Todd

RD

Quote from: The70RT on December 09, 2007, 12:15:49 PM
NICE HEMI.........  :drool5: Since It's your Idea Pomona lake sounds good. Someone needs to make a graph of all the Kansas members and find the best centrally located place to do so.

I am on it

Quote from: Todd Wilson on December 09, 2007, 01:53:15 PM
Labor day weekend!
Todd

is that the dodge charger meet in el dorado? oh, btw.. you can remove my for sale ad on the charger fever site, as the satellite sold :D  sounds like the best time to get together for all of us.

We can have a special dodgecharger.com get together.  I can bring a grille, etc. and we can have a good lunch together... all of us.  i will start a new post gauging interest.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Todd Wilson

Quote from: RD on December 09, 2007, 03:15:15 PM
Quote from: The70RT on December 09, 2007, 12:15:49 PM

I am on it

Quote from: Todd Wilson on December 09, 2007, 01:53:15 PM
Labor day weekend!
Todd

is that the dodge charger meet in el dorado? oh, btw.. you can remove my for sale ad on the charger fever site, as the satellite sold :D  sounds like the best time to get together for all of us.

We can have a special dodgecharger.com get together.  I can bring a grille, etc. and we can have a good lunch together... all of us.  i will start a new post gauging interest.

Yeah except its not in El Dorado this year.

Todd

MOPARHOUND!

A cut and paste from the Charger Fever site:

EXTRA!EXTRA!EXTRA!

CHARGER FEVER 2008   

We are pleased to announce the 2008 All Dodge Charger Weekend will be

in Hutchinson, Kansas  at Laird Noller Dodge, Chrysler and Jeep dealership!!!!!!!!

LABOR DAY WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 30 & 31, 2008

Early Plans are the usual Saturday and Sunday meet with a possible activity for Monday (Labor Day).

Activities will include going to see the Cosmosphere Space Museum and Omnimax theater along with the Kansas Underground Salt Museum!

More details and Host Motel information will be announced in the coming weeks on the web site and a newsletter and flyer will be mailed out soon!!!

Make your vacation plans now to come visit us next year in Hutchinson!!!!!!!

(Sorry Ed, don't mean to hijack.)
1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."

moparstuart

sounds like we are getting together in hutch then ???????????
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BB1

That's cool Lonnie, my Charger might be done by then.

I'll plan on it, if not I will still be there.

Free rides at the drags for all members.  :cheers: Don't forget to bring a fresh pair of underwear.  :yesnod:  :rofl:

It will have a Hemi 4-speed and a 4.10 Dana 60, with air for those hot summers here in Kansas.

Get-r-done  ;)
Delete my profile

BB1

Hey read this...

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/techarticles/mopp_0607_hemi_engine_challenge/index.html

My Hemi was built by Indy, Holy crap!!

It's the 426 1-Legend, it is cut into the cylinder heads.
Delete my profile

RM23U2

So you're the guy that owns the '90 Talon! I'd been wondering. It's not that I don't respect the later cars (any 13 sec or better car deserves respect :icon_smile_cool:) but it's just not the same as the old Muscle Cars, ya' know? And I'd love to have access to a garage like that, you lucky dog! I've always admired the black and chrome look - nothing else like it. And with that engine I'm sure you'll take out a few people at KCIR. :)

Anyway, I'll be looking forward to seeing (and hearing :drool5:) that Hemi at an HPAC meet sometime next year! 
I think I've finally found a little more time and money to spend with My Baby so maybe it'll be running (though not finished) by next year ...  :icon_smile_wink:
Mopar - OnlyTheBest!

............. 2002 Intrepid R/T ............................ 1972 RR/GTX

BB1

Thanks brother, Welcome to Dodge Charger.

You can join the Kansas Mafia too, we do a lot of Charger stuff around Eastern and Middle Kansas.  :laugh:

Delete my profile

RM23U2

Sorry, I'm not a Charger owner (as you can see by my new sig) and would probably feel out of place. The '72 GTX has been my dream car since the minute I first saw one in 1973. Until then my dream car was a '68 Charger - always did like the round tail-lights and side markers. :)

But we still have a lot in common, B-bodies are B-bodies and they're all Mopar! ;D
Since all the late B-bodies have the same mechanicals, I thought I'd browse around over here a little and maybe learn a thing or two ...  :popcrn:
Mopar - OnlyTheBest!

............. 2002 Intrepid R/T ............................ 1972 RR/GTX

BB1

Ok I called Indy, they make 9 diffrent Hemis.
I have the 426 540hp/ 500 torque @4400 RPM.
Price was $18,000. from Indy, I saved $5500.   :2thumbs:

http://www.indyheads.com/images/price3.pdf

Fully prepped Mopar Block
Eagle 43440 Crank (3.750"x2.375")
Eagle H-Beam Rods
Forged 10.25 to 1
Indy 426-1 Heads(2.25x1.94 170cc)
Comp Hyd. Cam & lifters (292HC)
750 Demon Carb
MSD Distributor

Delete my profile

The70RT

Quote from: BB1 on December 11, 2007, 09:53:44 AM
Ok I called Indy, they make 9 diffrent Hemis.
I have the 426 540hp/ 500 torque @4400 RPM.
Price was $18,000. from Indy, I saved $5500.   :2thumbs:

http://www.indyheads.com/images/price3.pdf

Fully prepped Mopar Block
Eagle 43440 Crank (3.750"x2.375")
Eagle H-Beam Rods
Forged 10.25 to 1
Indy 426-1 Heads(2.25x1.94 170cc)
Comp Hyd. Cam & lifters (292HC)
750 Demon Carb
MSD Distributor

Good deal  :2thumbs:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Blakcharger440

Hey I was wondering who ended up with that engine! I saw the ad and was too late. If I had been in KC instead of Wichita I would have beat you to it!  :cheers: Betcha got a really good deal!  :2thumbs:

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

BB1

Well the body man, who is a good guy imo, hasn't started cutting on her yet.
The parts are there; I'm waiting for the the new fenders to come out. To get all the gaps and body panels aligned on such a long body I really need the fenders.

I'm on the top of the list to get them from Classic Body Designed.  :icon_smile_big:

Unfortunately I am going to have to sell the Hemi. I'm selling my house here in Kansas to moving to Arizona.
I need to find a nice house with a 3 car garage or possibly a car barn on the property for my two cool Chargers.
:coolgleamA:

I'm thinking of doing a stock rebuild on her now, 383 shift auto on the tree. Just a nice cruiser over the desert highways of the Southwest.
Delete my profile

Todd Wilson