News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

worst car you ever owned

Started by mustanghater, October 02, 2005, 05:45:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RT DAVE

68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

RD

1964 ford fairlane 4 dr 6 cyl. 2 spd auto.

it was a good car, just rode down the road a little off kilter.  All of my cars have been good to me, its amazing what a little preventive maintenance will do to the longevity of a car :D
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

SuBLimE 69

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on October 03, 2005, 02:26:48 AM
by far the Worst vehicles I have ever owned were the 2 Chev trucks both broke down constantly & cost a fortune to keep running , I have owned both my first & LAST gm product
Yup, 86 Chev Sliverado Blazer with 38 / 10.50 Super Swamper and a 9 inch suspension lift.  Looked bad ass but was a real POS.  It would go anywhere when it was running.  Three trannys and two 350 engines....First and Last chev I'll ever own.

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

Reidar

My worst car was a 1987 Ford Taurus. i was just getting into American cars, and this was the only car i could afford at the time.
Drove it for maybe a month before powersteeringpump (is this the right word?) broke.

Anywho.. Sold the crappy thing a couple of days later.. Got more for it with a broken pump, than I gave.  :icon_smile_wink:

I have learned.. Only Mopars for me after that!

Charger_Fan

Quote from: RD on October 04, 2005, 10:39:47 AM
its amazing what a little preventive maintenance will do to the longevity of a car :D
:iagree:

It's also amazing how far some cars will go when you're convinced it's on it's "last leg". :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

71charger_fan

82 Camaro. Hands down the worst POS ever to darken my driveway. Heavy, slow, leaked water, wipers wouldn't work when it was raining half the time and would turn themselves on during sunny days at seemingly random times and wouldn't turn off until they decided it was time to stop. The very definition of crap on wheels. I kept it on the street most of the time since it leaked oil so badly.

mustanghater

we had the same car but it had clutch problems.
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

Afflyer

My worst car purchase was my first time ever dealing with a dealership and it also my first and last Ford I had.  It was a used 1982 Ford EXP.  It was a beautiful little car, with two seats and a stick shift to boot, but it was terribly underpowered and within a few months of owning it, I had major mechanical problems.  As it turned out, the previous owner NEVER EVER changed the oil.  He or she just kept putting more oil in it.  I discovered this as when I had the valve cover removed to inspect the engine, the oil on the head just came off in big, hard clumps!  I spent over $1500 on having the head replaced and it still didn't fix the problem.  At that point I gave it to my little brother and my folks took over payments and the headache. 

I bought my first ever Dodge, a brand new '88 Dakota, and have never looked back since.

Once a MoPar man, always a MoPar man!!!

:icon_smile_approve:
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

WM23N1

1971 Super Bee 383 "The WM23N1" http://1971-1974dodgecharger.com/

Chryco Psycho

86 Chev Dually 4X4 .... My LAST GM ever
I had to buy it to move , cost 6K , the first week the rad blew ,$400 to replace it , the second week the battery failed , the 3rd week With the new rad the engine over heated & siezed , 3k to rebuild it with all the best parts , & never found a cause for the overheating  , had to buy 6 new tires & install the second fuel tank . After I got that sorted out I started my move back west , got about 1500 miles & the engine failed again , rod knock , was starnded 1/2  way across Can in the middle of winter replacing the engine in -35* weather & limped the rest of the way home , the replacement engine ate starters ,14 in 6 months , sold the truck that year & only got $2200 for it after i had almost 13 k invested into the POS

DarkAngel0816

Quote from: Old Moparz on October 03, 2005, 09:18:37 AM
The worst car I ever owned was..... (You won't like this) a 1969 Charger SE, 383-4V automatic. It was also one of the most fun cars I had, so it was also one of my favorites. The biggest thing that made this my worst car, was that the previous owner had abused it & did a crappy job at repairing/restoring it. I have a feeling he went on to open a resto shop in Lake Vulgar, Illinois.

LOL!!  Well I feel the same with the 1970 Charger I have right now.  The previous owner was clueless and did not release all of the info on what was wrong with it.  BUT I am going through and doing the best I can to get it back to order.

And sorry hater, but the best car I have ever owned is my Mustang.  Know you hate them, but I have a 1998 and I love it.
I love my 1970 Dodge Charger R/T Clone

Fartgirl

Brock Samson

is fartgirl wannaunholydarkness?..  ;D

48chebbie

none,that i can think of.i have owned 130 vehicles since i was 14,and i have had fun with,and loved them all. some were turds,some were great,all were a blast,wasted too many tires to count,haha!!! loved them all.
how'd i do that!?!?!?

ChargerBill

'77 Jeep Cherokee

AMC body, 361 Chrysler engine, GM Running gear, Ford ignition, Motorola carburetor, GM Turbo 400 tranny...this thing didn't know what it was. I must have blown 10 voltage regulators in that stupid thing and the carb was rebuilt 2 times and replaced twice still never ran right. Overheated like an SOB...cooling system was crap. The starter bendix crapped out twice and while it was on the verge of crapping out it ground off more than it's fair share of flywheel teeth. Sometimes the flywheel would be in a bad spot and I would have to rock the stupid thing back and forth or grab the belt and turn the engine slightly by hand. Took a buddy of mine and I (he was a mechanic) 6 hours to swap in a new flywheel...you have to remove EVERYTHING to drop the tranny. The death knoll was when the chain driven transfer case blew out - actually shattered the aluminum case...at that point I had it hauled to the junkyard, I just couldn't take it anymore.

Ironically, it was the BEST 4X4 I ever owned. NOTHING could outclimb or out manuever it.
Life is a highway...

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Chargerguy74

The worst car I ever owned, is the best "driver" I've ever owned. It's a 1984 Buick Skylark. Sure I have to fill the motor with oil everytime I go out, carry jugs of coolant and ATF with me, climb in through the passenger door, sometimes bungie cord the doors shut when the mechanisms wont work, and carry a stick under the hood to prop the hood up. Other than that it works fine. You can get your arm into the trunk through the rust holes in the quarters, or into the car to unlock the drivers door through the rust hole....if the drivers door would open. Been driving it for over 5 years, has over 1/2M kilometres on it. Had it up to 140km/h in 1st gear once (needle doesn't work, counted 1-2-3 from N when I thought it was in park) and she loved it. Always starts...with something holding the carb open.
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

myk

I don't have a worst car.  The 3 cars that I've bought during my pointless life are still with me, and they're all champions...

69Coronet

Worst car would be 2003 VW Jetta TDI.  Weve had to replace3 glowplugs 4 brakeligts 3 taillights 3 headlights the fuses the turbo one of the brakepads stuck and rubbed off all the pad and started squealing the air needed to be pumped out of the hydraulic lines for the clutch three times even though it shouldnt need that the windshield already has a crack that runs along the whole bottom of it a temperature sensor failed its a nightmare trying to change the oil and one of the valves got stuck open and kept the car from starting.  And the car only has 70K on it
Its no disgrace being poor.  Its just inconvienient.

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

konigcharger

1996 chevy baretta

my parents bought it new,
gave it to me in 2001(on its 2nd motor) i gave up on it after the third replacement block took a shit in 2004

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

400/6/PAC

Musicman

My daddy always said, never buy a GM product... I should have listened to him... Every one I ever owned was a piece of crap... and working on them was a nightmare.

79JON

Im young (24) so I really haven't had a real terd of a car yet.... knocking on wood.  My first car (1979 Pontiac Trans Am was a GREAT car. Drove me around all throughout highschool with no problem. Traded it for a 87 Buick Regal T TYPE. That was a great FAST car and never broke down. I had a 68 Dodge Coronet that drove me through alot of College. Wish I didnt have to sell it. 91 Honda Accord that I bought for 300 bucks. had 239,000miles on it and needed a timing belt.  Bought it and got it running for around 1K and it got me around everywhere. And finally now I have a 98 Trans Am with 135K.    Runs great and my daily driver.  Only the water pump went bad..

69-DodgeCharger

1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme, POFS