News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

garage cabinets

Started by hemi68charger, December 07, 2007, 10:54:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey gang...
I'm about to move into our new house with the new 4-car garage........ I really got used to my current wall hanging cabinets (that were already there when I moved in). So, I'm looking to get some more for the new garage... Any sources for decent pre-fabbed cabinets were I just have to mount them? I like the fact cabinets aren't on the floor.. I like to leave as much off the floor as possible...........

Cheers,
Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

moparstuart

Quote from: hemi68charger on December 07, 2007, 10:54:54 AM
Hey gang...
I'm about to move into our new house with the new 4-car garage........ I really got used to my current wall hanging cabinets (that were already there when I moved in). So, I'm looking to get some more for the new garage... Any sources for decent pre-fabbed cabinets were I just have to mount them? I like the fact cabinets aren't on the floor.. I like to leave as much off the floor as possible...........

Cheers,
Troy
do you have picture of the old ones or of the same design?
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Bob

Troy,
is there a lumber surplus store near you? We have a couple near where I live that sell the overhead home type cabinets for about 10 to 20 bucks. All sizes available. I will be installing the same thing in mine. Just a thought for you.
Bob

hemi68charger

Quote from: Bob on December 07, 2007, 11:06:39 AM
Troy,
is there a lumber surplus store near you? We have a couple near where I live that sell the overhead home type cabinets for about 10 to 20 bucks. All sizes available. I will be installing the same thing in mine. Just a thought for you.
Bob

Wow !!! I'll have to check... Lumber surplus............ Probably a good place to get decking for the attic space in the garage.. I'm going to deck it up there after I blow in insulation.. The roof line is tall enough I can stand in the middle.. I'll place some shelves up there for additional storage... The less downstairs, the less cluttered it'll look, thus more room for my neat Mopar pictures/decorations.................
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

rav440

why buy when you can get them for free ? or close to free . do you have any friends or family that are in construction ? commercial " SPELL its early  :D " grade cabinets are 1000 times better than anything that you can buy in a box store . look for a construction site or building that is being remodeled ask them if there are any cabinets they are going to get rid of .
if you live near a big city the sky scrapers or bigger buildings will hord these after doing a remoldel in hopes of reusing them " they NEVER DO TRUST ME " ask the building maneger or property maneger if they have any cabinets they would want to sell , most likly they will give them to you to free up space so they can stock pile other stuff they will never reuse .

good luck  :cheers:
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

derailed

Check out craigslist also. I recently found some great deals on heavy duty steel shelving for $25 a unit, not the fisher price box store ones. I have seen some sturdy steel cabinets in there as well.

Old Moparz

Bust out the circular saw & build them Troy.    :D

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry