News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hello fellow Charger owners! BEST LOOKING VEHICLE ON THE PLANET!

Started by T3/RT, December 06, 2007, 04:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobs69

I sure as hell hope Chryslier doesn't make a new charger that actually looks like our chargers.  It would only cheapen our cars.  And if they do it right and it does look and perform awesome, why would I still want my car....................  I'm just not sure on this.

Ghoste

Well, styling aside, the new ones (SRT anyway) already outperform our old ones and pretty handily too so...

Bobs69

Well yeah I suppose they do.  With all the modern comforts.  Still I think the old cars are easier to work on.  I just hope the don't make a new charger that looks like my 69.  When I see pictures of the new challenger I think I'd rather have one of them.  Course they would be expensive.

Brock Samson

Quote from: runninhorn on February 09, 2008, 11:18:29 AM
I will buy that HCX cuda.

:smilielol:    :slap:

Gee,.. thanks for bumping up this thread the guy who posted it has been awol since the challys intro two mos. ago...  :scratchchin:
   i sure miss him,...  :'(

Ghoste

Rumor has it he's still around.  Maybe he'll chime in on the negotiations for the Cuda?

Brock Samson

T3/RT

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2002 Chrysler Sebring LXi Conv.
2005 Chrysler 300C
2010 Dodge Challenger SRT

T3/RT

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2005 Chrysler 300C

Brock Samson

Welcome back T-4/SE,  you haven't been keeping up apparently.. The launch has been delayed and we don't much care anymore..  :shruggy:
The 2011 or 2012   :shruggy:  Dodge Charger will be made in Brampton alongside the 300C, 200C, Alfa Romeo 159, and possibly the Challenger and a Lancia version. Substantial revisions may need to be made due to the Daimler situation; Daimler has apparently been holding some components for the Grand Cherokee as a negotiating chip, and plans to change the automatic transmissions for the Charger may be voided to keep key Daimler parts flowing. Alternatively, Chrysler could, at no small cost, delay introductions of new products and engineer out any trace of the former owners. There have already been rumors that Fiat has ordered some re-engineering.
The launch was scheduled for around February 2011, but it may be delayed. The introduction was expected to take place in calendar-year 2010; pilots were to be made in late 2009 or early 2010 for crash-testing, ride and handling tuning, and HVAC tuning and testing.
CEO Sergio Marchionne reportedly sent designers back to the drawing board when he saw the 2011 Charger, demanding a more distinctive look. There is no evidence for this rumor.
all from allpar...
The supposed launch was 14 Mos. from now, but would appear to be quite abit longer, but keep comming back and teasing us with those leaked Corp. shots though... I'm sure we all dig the camaro tailights...  :slap:

T3/RT

Quote from: Brock Samson on November 04, 2009, 01:49:31 PM
Welcome back T-4/SE,  you haven't been keeping up apparently.. The launch has been delayed and we don't much care anymore..  :shruggy:
The 2011 or 2012   :shruggy:  Dodge Charger will be made in Brampton alongside the 300C, 200C, Alfa Romeo 159, and possibly the Challenger and a Lancia version. Substantial revisions may need to be made due to the Daimler situation; Daimler has apparently been holding some components for the Grand Cherokee as a negotiating chip, and plans to change the automatic transmissions for the Charger may be voided to keep key Daimler parts flowing. Alternatively, Chrysler could, at no small cost, delay introductions of new products and engineer out any trace of the former owners. There have already been rumors that Fiat has ordered some re-engineering.
The launch was scheduled for around February 2011, but it may be delayed. The introduction was expected to take place in calendar-year 2010; pilots were to be made in late 2009 or early 2010 for crash-testing, ride and handling tuning, and HVAC tuning and testing.
CEO Sergio Marchionne reportedly sent designers back to the drawing board when he saw the 2011 Charger, demanding a more distinctive look. There is no evidence for this rumor.
all from allpar...
The supposed launch was 14 Mos. from now, but would appear to be quite abit longer, but keep comming back and teasing us with those leaked Corp. shots though... I'm sure we all dig the camaro tailights...  :slap:

Thanks Brock,
Yes I heard about the parts problem yesterday. I really don`t care too much anymore either. I ordered a Black 2010 Challenger SRT 6sp. which was delivered to me Oct. 16th.

I figured they would screw up the Charger again. They can do whatever they want, I have my 69` and I will buy more 2nd gens in the future.....

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2005 Chrysler 300C

Armudster

Now is the time to take advantage of the alliance, maybe a Pininfarina designed Charger taking clues from 68-70, but keeping it modern looking, definitively 2 door, and maybe built on the Viper platform, but being a 2+2  luxury super sport car configuration, and a 392 Hemi V8 with loads of torque but with a good top end. Hell if the Charger were the top of the line then why is it not today? And that way it won´t compete with the Challenger nor the Viper, it will be a fresh position on a higher tier, I think that´s what Dodge needs. Yeah I konw, I´m dreaming too much.

T3/RT

Hemidakota Posted this on http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f106/future-daimlerchrysler-products-read-heed-311136/index341.html

Fiat will be using this design and removing the frontal clip, imagine a charger clip on the front end of this car.

The Future replacement for the Chrysler 300 and the next Charger share the same over-body design with the exception of the frontal/rear clips and adding some side type scoop design from the 60s to the Charger.

It`s the 2013 Alfa Romeo Berlina (artist's rendering). I like the design from this angle.

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2005 Chrysler 300C

miller time

Brock Samson

that's a photoshop of a car that doesn't even exist yet..  :shruggy:

BB1

Delete my profile

T3/RT

Quote from: Brock Samson on November 27, 2009, 06:00:04 PM
that's a photoshop of a car that doesn't even exist yet..  :shruggy:

I think it is a correct rendering of the Alfa, or at least the shape & architecture is correct.

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2005 Chrysler 300C

T3/RT

Quote from: BB1 on November 27, 2009, 09:55:23 PM
I haven't read a thread with so much BS in years.  :P

A lot of the beginning of this thread is Cerberus plans.

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2005 Chrysler 300C

T3/RT

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2005 Chrysler 300C

BB1

Delete my profile

Steve P.

They might just as well leave it in the condom as far as I'm concerned...  :eek2:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

NorwayCharger

Quote from: Steve P. on December 10, 2009, 07:33:12 PM
They might just as well leave it in the condom as far as I'm concerned...  :eek2:

He he, so they dont multible..
AKA the drummer boy
http://www.pink-division.com

Hemidog

I see som difference around the tail lights... that's about it?  :scratchchin:

mauve66

sometimes those condoms can really disguise the car but since there showing all the glass, whats left to the imagination??  ooohhhhh new tail lights and grill,  oooohhhhhhh
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

The70RT

I figured with all the cut backs why spend money on condoms anyway.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ghoste

Maybe they're hiding the sexy new retro door scallops guaranteed to make sales explode.