News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hello fellow Charger owners! BEST LOOKING VEHICLE ON THE PLANET!

Started by T3/RT, December 06, 2007, 04:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T3/RT

Quote from: Dennis on December 15, 2007, 08:43:06 PM
Quote from: T3/RT on December 06, 2007, 11:05:41 PM
Quote from: Steve P. on December 06, 2007, 10:27:42 PM
Quote from: T3/RT on December 06, 2007, 10:02:42 PM
Quote from: TK73 on December 06, 2007, 09:40:34 PM
Cool news   :2thumbs:

That being said, I dont know what car other than the Mustang, Ford could use.  :hah: :shruggy:

I can think of a few.. Just pull out any old Hot Rod Mag. from the 60's or 70's. It will be loaded with cars that had style and class.

By the way, welcome aboard...  and ah, you are not the only ghost we have watching us...  :coolgleamA:

Ya I guess your right. I shouldnt say that. Heritage does go back a long way. I do have 2 Mustangs I must confess. I dont know much about Ford(allways been a Mopar guy), All I can think of that would be cool enough from Ford are all 2 seaters. I guess how this heritage division thing would work is by what I see Chrysler is outsoucing The Challenger then a company like HXC makes the molds for the body(havent heard of any interior changes to the car)1,500 to start. I think this would work well on the cheap especially if they built the cars per-order.
Yes, best looking on the planet...

Thats why this is my favorite forum. We allways agree for the most part ;). And you guys deserve to know whats going on with this car more than anyone else on the planet....

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2002 Chrysler Sebring LXi Conv.
2005 Chrysler 300C
2010 Dodge Challenger SRT

T3/RT

LC 2008 Challenger Allpar "Quote"

The interior is, we're now told, very different from the concept. The radio area is completely different; the console top is the same color but has a different shape, including an iPod valley in front. Gauges are different, and now include large chrome rings around each pod (a late change).

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2005 Chrysler 300C

keepat

Quote from: T3/RT on December 15, 2007, 04:44:59 PM
Small shot of the Challenger, but what you can make out looks pretty good.
:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: Come on spring time!

T3/RT

Quote from: alfanta on December 13, 2007, 09:54:45 AM
Quote from: plum500 on December 10, 2007, 08:49:28 PM
Here's a few more from the archives....

Lookin good plum, but the first green one the wheels bug me, The ellipses dont appear to be on the right axis, The only other criticism I have is look at the side scoops. They need some sort of design continuity with the rest of the car. No offense meant, im a designer so this stuff bugs the hell out of me when people do that, but honestly they look great other than that, MUCH better than most people do.  Just trying to provide constructive criticizm :cheers:

In my honest opinion, I think chrysler should do something more like what GM did with the camaro. Design something with some design language from the styling cues and design language of the original charger, but something that is distinctly new. When you look at it it needs to say charger (not just on the emblem) and people need to know its a charger just by looking at it. 2 doors will help, and a prominent shoulder line with a wide C pilar low slung car, large wheel wells (not necessarily larger rims). The trim packages such as scoops on the sides, hood, whatever, those are all fine and good, but there is some inherant beauty on subtlety that I think really needs to be explored more. I said when the first models of the furture retroism design came about that I although its cool that they are bringing all this stuff back, Its the next generation of the models that I am most interested in seeing.

The GTO went by way of the Do-Do, and the sales for those werent bad at all, will the same thing happen to the charger? probably not before the challenger comes about, but if the vehicle is going to stay competitive then its going to have to lose some weight and be able to keep up with the mustang and camaro. The challenger is going to be prices much more than the mustang GT and camaro, Chrysler has to make one of their affordable cars perform well, and the oportunity to redesign the charger should present them with the opportunity to do so.

I have heard rumors that the LX platform is going to be leaving us soon, but with the challenger being built upon it (I think) I dont know how they are going to do that.

In my opinion the biggest design challenge is going to be making the car look longer and lower without making it huge. the platform it sits on requires the passengers to sit more upright in order to see over the firewall. which is so high from the height of the engine compared to the frame. nonetheless. ANYTHING is possible, sorry for the long windedness.

SRT8`s are set to end production April 08. I wonder what that`s all about?

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2005 Chrysler 300C

T3/RT

Hemidakota "Quotes"

(ESF) 6.1L Hemi V8 engine has a final build date of 4/18/08* (It just means no 2008 SRT8 Chargers or 300s after that date... all the 6.1s will be going in Challengers)

(29R) Pkg. has a final build date of 4/11/08* (LX*C48)

The HXC Cuda will have three variant engines: 5.7, 6.4, and a 7.0. Catch my drift?

6.1 are pumping out now to meet that demand for the 1st gen challengers. However, this week I do expect a cutoff of amount challengers can be sold sold.

6.4 won't be out until MY2010. Though, the wind may shift for profit needs since it is already forcast for 2008 a bad year for auto sales.

ResumeSpeed "Quote"

it looks like they will be needing about 10,000 of those 6.1's, and then a lot more immediately after that supply is used up.

Performance-wise, the SRT team has done a phenominal job of "keep up with" (or exceeding) the "competition". There's really no rush to dump a 6.4 in all of the lineup, and no need to do it at the same time. I think that the 6.4/392 is their current "ace in the hole" and that they will initially play it around or slightly before the launch of the Camaro, via a special model Challenger.

Oh2o "Quote from Allpar"

"VCT" will be under the hood of every 2009 Challenger R/T...

There will be two different 5.7L`s. Both with VCT, one with MDS (5-sp auto) and one without MDS (6-sp manual).

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2005 Chrysler 300C

T3/RT

It was initially rumored that only 5,000 of the 08' models would be produced, but now Chrysler has confirmed that 10,000 of the 08' Challenger SRT8s will be built.

http://www.thetorquereport.com/2007/12/dodge_sells_6000_challengers_i.html#more

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2005 Chrysler 300C

keepat

T3/RT

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2005 Chrysler 300C

T3/RT

Be aware the next gen Charger will only borrow Styling cues from this front end. Which could mean just about anything, So we dont know what cues will be borrowed. For now all we can be sure of is the direction to borrow 2nd gen Charger styling cues for the whole car.

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2005 Chrysler 300C

T3/RT

For instance, notice the Charger lower spoiler in these pics. It has styling cues of the above Avenger concept. Also the 2 door Charger would be built from the Challenger on the next gen platform. Not from this LX Charger.

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2005 Chrysler 300C

keepat

Looks awesome! but it need some S/S trim around all the windows! Black trim looks good on a black car. S/S looks great on all colors!
Pat

Ghoste

Not to mention black trim seems like it's about run it's course. :Twocents:

The70RT

Quote from: Ghoste on December 17, 2007, 02:50:23 PM
Not to mention black trim seems like it's about run it's course. :Twocents:

I hear ya. I guess stainless is virtually unheard of anymore.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

T3/RT

Hemidakota "Quote"

DEATH OF THE VIPER PRODUCTION FROM CONNER IS COMING:

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2005 Chrysler 300C

T3/RT

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2005 Chrysler 300C

TheGhost

Quote from: T3/RT on December 06, 2007, 10:49:01 PM
+1. Remember the OCT/NOV 2007 VOL.1 Issue 1 Mopar Enthusiast? I know some people dont like it but it was well received by most. I think all it needs is a little tweaking. I would buy it with/without tweaking. I hope this is the direction they decide to go.

(Pics supposedly have nothing to do with actual Chrysler sketches)

God, I HOPE those have nothing to do with the actual sketches.  Those things are fugly.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

T3/RT

Quote from: TheGhost on December 18, 2007, 06:30:12 PM
Quote from: T3/RT on December 06, 2007, 10:49:01 PM
+1. Remember the OCT/NOV 2007 VOL.1 Issue 1 Mopar Enthusiast? I know some people dont like it but it was well received by most. I think all it needs is a little tweaking. I would buy it with/without tweaking. I hope this is the direction they decide to go.

(Pics supposedly have nothing to do with actual Chrysler sketches)

God, I HOPE those have nothing to do with the actual sketches.  Those things are fugly.

Compare

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2005 Chrysler 300C

Musicman

They both look like something you might find in a 12 year olds toy chest  :Twocents:

T3/RT

Quote from: Musicman on December 18, 2007, 06:49:13 PM
They both look like something you might find in a 12 year olds toy chest  :Twocents:

:lol: Exactly my point. Cartoonish drawings

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2005 Chrysler 300C

T3/RT

At Chrysler, insiders say the company is studying how best to redesign the big Chrysler 300 sedan, with one proposal said to involve a move away from the current upright, boxy silhouette to a sleeker, more aerodynamic profile in order to enhance fuel economy.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=123984?CFID=9241817&CFTOKEN=92550765

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2005 Chrysler 300C

69charger2002

Quote from: T3/RT on December 18, 2007, 11:40:56 PM
At Chrysler, insiders say the company is studying how best to redesign the big Chrysler 300 sedan, with one proposal said to involve a move away from the current upright, boxy silhouette to a sleeker, more aerodynamic profile in order to enhance fuel economy.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=123984?CFID=9241817&CFTOKEN=92550765
isnt sleeker and aerodynamic what the older 300 looked like before this 05+ model?? i think the boxy was a big forward step.. if we have any hope of having a retro charger they better throw true aerodynamics out the window
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Steve P.

It seams to me if they really want to make a NEW (OLD) Charger they need to use an overhead projector and a large classroom of CHARGER PEOPLE.

Are they still worried about basing a body off from some nascar template? If so they might just as well get that same old cookie cutter back out.
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

T3/RT

Quote from: 69charger2002 on December 18, 2007, 11:50:02 PM
Quote from: T3/RT on December 18, 2007, 11:40:56 PM

isnt sleeker and aerodynamic what the older 300 looked like before this 05+ model?? i think the boxy was a big forward step.. if we have any hope of having a retro charger they better throw true aerodynamics out the window
trav

This was the concept vehicle of what we all know now as the 300C.

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2005 Chrysler 300C

plum500

I don't think the Chronos was as much of a predicessor to the 300C as the Super 8... The Chronos was old Chrysler as far as I know, before Diamler.... but I could be wrong.

Musicman

This was the concept vehicle of what we all know now as the 300C.

They should have stuck to the concept... it's at least 10,000 times better looking than the bar of soap that ended up in production.