News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hello fellow Charger owners! BEST LOOKING VEHICLE ON THE PLANET!

Started by T3/RT, December 06, 2007, 04:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plum500

Here's a few more from the archives....

T3/RT

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2002 Chrysler Sebring LXi Conv.
2005 Chrysler 300C
2010 Dodge Challenger SRT

Mass_Mopar

good god the blue one that plum500 posted and the black one that T3/RT posted from creating the lie look awesome :cheers:
-Nick

70 Charger 500 383/833 pistol grip 3.91sg
71 New Yorker 440/Auto
04 Ram 5.7L 4x4 5spd 3.92 Auburn Posi
Old screen name MA_Young_Gun

BMOTOXSTAR

Maybe they wil give it a 3rd Gen  grill with hideaways and not that 2nd Gen grill. :Twocents:
Then it would really be cool if it had 3rd Gen lines. :icon_smile_cool:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

hemihead

Love the one Plum did. The others just look like a mix of 2nd gen front , rear, and doors with what they make now.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: TK73 on December 06, 2007, 09:40:34 PM
Cool news   :2thumbs:

Just gotta say though:

" ... what if this catches on to Ford and Gm? "

Ford already got it, to the tune of 330,000 Mustangs in 3 1/2 model years...

MORE , if you count the ones being sold down here in Venezuela... they are EVERYWHERE!!!
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

T3/RT

Looks like the line of thinking is to have both a 4 door and a 2 door variant. But I cant at all be sure.
I asked Hemidakota about the next gen platform and the new lightweight skins. Here is what he said:

Quote: Originally Posted by T3/RT
Hemi, Can you tell us more about the next gen platform? I know you said it will be a little smaller. Will it be a 2door only platform? In regards to the light weight skins coming, What material are they made with?

Only a few inches but the next gen platform is a flexible length. You will see the LS a derivative of the next gen LX as other mid-size will be added later. The goal is to lessen the platform frames to two car version in the coming decade. This is to be shared with four other manufactures ; along with various parts.

I need to look at the patent again to see the exact materials. But it is a mixture of latest resins carbon with thin metal background.

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2005 Chrysler 300C

T3/RT

This is the front end face the Charger and Avenger will borrow styling cues from(dont know whats planned for the grill). If I find out different, I will update the pictures.

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2005 Chrysler 300C

BMOTOXSTAR

That is the great Motocross racer David Vullemin in that promo shot. :D :yesnod:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

alfanta

Quote from: plum500 on December 10, 2007, 08:49:28 PM
Here's a few more from the archives....

Lookin good plum, but the first green one the wheels bug me, The ellipses dont appear to be on the right axis, The only other criticism I have is look at the side scoops. They need some sort of design continuity with the rest of the car. No offense meant, im a designer so this stuff bugs the hell out of me when people do that, but honestly they look great other than that, MUCH better than most people do.  Just trying to provide constructive criticizm :cheers:

In my honest opinion, I think chrysler should do something more like what GM did with the camaro. Design something with some design language from the styling cues and design language of the original charger, but something that is distinctly new. When you look at it it needs to say charger (not just on the emblem) and people need to know its a charger just by looking at it. 2 doors will help, and a prominent shoulder line with a wide C pilar low slung car, large wheel wells (not necessarily larger rims). The trim packages such as scoops on the sides, hood, whatever, those are all fine and good, but there is some inherant beauty on subtlety that I think really needs to be explored more. I said when the first models of the furture retroism design came about that I although its cool that they are bringing all this stuff back, Its the next generation of the models that I am most interested in seeing.

The GTO went by way of the Do-Do, and the sales for those werent bad at all, will the same thing happen to the charger? probably not before the challenger comes about, but if the vehicle is going to stay competitive then its going to have to lose some weight and be able to keep up with the mustang and camaro. The challenger is going to be prices much more than the mustang GT and camaro, Chrysler has to make one of their affordable cars perform well, and the oportunity to redesign the charger should present them with the opportunity to do so.

I have heard rumors that the LX platform is going to be leaving us soon, but with the challenger being built upon it (I think) I dont know how they are going to do that.

In my opinion the biggest design challenge is going to be making the car look longer and lower without making it huge. the platform it sits on requires the passengers to sit more upright in order to see over the firewall. which is so high from the height of the engine compared to the frame. nonetheless. ANYTHING is possible, sorry for the long windedness.

Brock Samson

:scratchchin: personally and in my humble opinion i cannot see them having two similar two doors IE: a chally and a charger for example... but i guess you have alot more inside info than anyone else...   :shruggy:

if they do, do a charger i hope it bears more then a passing resembleance to their original Charger Clay from 1963...

Brock Samson

word is that the new owners want to dodge to only sell trucks, and chrysler only cars and jeep only off road stuff...
this is the latest dodge concept, it's a four door with sporting pretensions,.. i sure hope they don't concider this a charger...

making it's official NY auto show intro next week...

look like a charger to anyone?...

69charger2002

they just couldn't help but leave the minivan grill on that concept car huh? i will be SO glad when the crosshair front grill era comes to an end
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Brock Samson

:scope: the pic makes it look like a four door hardtop....  :smilielol:  sure, Dodge,.. sure...

plum500

Removed the four door bit. Reduced the grill by half. Added a '71 pillar curve. Also envision separate tailpipes (unlike the concept), and removal of that seam that makes it look like it's giving birth to a 'Vette....

bull

Quote from: 69charger2002 on December 13, 2007, 02:43:17 PM
they just couldn't help but leave the minivan grill on that concept car huh? i will be SO glad when the crosshair front grill era comes to an end
trav
:yesnod: :thumbs: :iagree:

Brock Samson

T3/RT

PVOman "Quotes"

1.viper ho review
2.chrysler llc retains the firepower
3.standby for ls variant

Lovin it :cheers:  :2thumbs: :yesnod:

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2005 Chrysler 300C

T3/RT

Small shot of the Challenger, but what you can make out looks pretty good.

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2005 Chrysler 300C

BigBlackDodge

Quote from: T3/RT on December 15, 2007, 04:44:59 PM

Kinda looks like an old Duster from that angle.

BBD

T3/RT

Quote from: BigBlackDodge on December 15, 2007, 07:04:21 PM
Quote from: T3/RT on December 15, 2007, 04:44:59 PM

Kinda looks like an old Duster from that angle.

BBD

Ya it does.

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2005 Chrysler 300C

Dennis

Quote from: T3/RT on December 06, 2007, 11:05:41 PM
Quote from: Steve P. on December 06, 2007, 10:27:42 PM
Quote from: T3/RT on December 06, 2007, 10:02:42 PM
Quote from: TK73 on December 06, 2007, 09:40:34 PM
Cool news   :2thumbs:

That being said, I dont know what car other than the Mustang, Ford could use.  :hah: :shruggy:

I can think of a few.. Just pull out any old Hot Rod Mag. from the 60's or 70's. It will be loaded with cars that had style and class.

By the way, welcome aboard...  and ah, you are not the only ghost we have watching us...  :coolgleamA:

Ya I guess your right. I shouldnt say that. Heritage does go back a long way. I do have 2 Mustangs I must confess. I dont know much about Ford(allways been a Mopar guy), All I can think of that would be cool enough from Ford are all 2 seaters. I guess how this heritage division thing would work is by what I see Chrysler is outsoucing The Challenger then a company like HXC makes the molds for the body(havent heard of any interior changes to the car)1,500 to start. I think this would work well on the cheap especially if they built the cars per-order.
Yes, best looking on the planet...