News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hello fellow Charger owners! BEST LOOKING VEHICLE ON THE PLANET!

Started by T3/RT, December 06, 2007, 04:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T3/RT

Hello fellow Charger owners! I wanted to start a new topic to back up my claim in the New Challenger thread about Chryslers heritage division, and to introduce myself as a new member. I have been a lurker on various forums for sometime now gathering new information on the plans of Chrysler. When I saw the chance to voice my opinion and put in a yes vote for a 2-door Charger to Chrysler,(Chrysler watches the thread) I made my first post. My post is near the end of the thread. I also tell of my history as a Charger owner. Although our classic cars can never be replaced, I`m sure some of you like me would like to buy a new Charger that looks like a Charger. I will use this thread to keep people updated on the heritage division as more info comes in.

Troy

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f106/2010-dodge-charger-se-2-door-ly-28-a-381590/

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2002 Chrysler Sebring LXi Conv.
2005 Chrysler 300C
2010 Dodge Challenger SRT

T3/RT

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2005 Chrysler 300C

T3/RT

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2005 Chrysler 300C

T3/RT

PVOman is also someone very much in the know at Chrysler. Here are two quotes from him (Nov. 07)on the Allpar forums.

1.talk of another div for specialty race carschallenger = three outsouced models...

2.jim is pulling the pouches for upcoming and future model lineboth design studios are engage for a interior review of every modeloutsourcing limited vehicles are in the work inc/heritage badging...

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2005 Chrysler 300C

T3/RT

From these pics, you can clearly see how a Retro-Charger could share parts with the Challenger. I am trying to put all the pieces together using only reliable sources for my knowledge. None of this is written in Stone.

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2005 Chrysler 300C

bull

Are you kidding? Is this for real? Chrysler is going to listen to us and make a new Charger that looks like a Charger should? Somebody shoot me because life ain't going to get any better if you're telling the truth. :icon_smile_big:

EDIT -- Hold on. Let me be perfectly clear on what I think since I have a fairly strong opinion and possibly an audience that can listen and do something about it (let's pretend for a moment that my opinion really matters :icon_smile_big:). If we're talking a two-door version of what we have now (as in your first link) I'm not interested. It's not just about door count is about the styling. First off, the current Charger has no styling cues that pay homage to the most popular and sought-after years, 68-70, and that's bad. Second, lose the friggin' crosshairs grill already. You've tied your styling hands by forcing designers to incorporate that grill into everything Dodge makes. Leave it for the trucks. When people see a good-looking car they are smart enough to figure out what it is, they go out of their way to figure it out, they don't need a grill to tell them. Third, lose the two rear doors and don't bring them back. Even the ugly Chargers prior to '06 only had two doors. If it has four doors it's not a Charger, it's an Intrepid or a Coronet or a Stratus or a Polara or a Dart or a Monaco, etc., not a Charger. If it has to have four doors name it something else. That said, most of us were pretty happy with the '99 concept because there was some effort to make it look like a classic Charger. That body coupled with the technology and powertrain of your current "Charger" would be pretty cool IMO. The '99 concept was a good start but how you got from that to what we have now is a frustrating mystery to many of us. In short, make the new Charger look like a classic Charger or "if you can't do it right don't do it at all."

BTW, welcome to the site. :2thumbs:

69charger2002

all it SHOULD take is the amount of challengers that will sell to show that a 2 door charger would be totally embraced..  of course by 2010 when the 2 door charger comes out, gas will be $5 a gallon..the mustang and challenger and who knows what else by then will have eaten at the niche of the "2 door market".. and then chrysler will once again say americans don't want a 2 door retro car.. i HOPE not. but man we sure got shafted before.. maybe the challenger really WILL wake up the forces that be and see there is a market RIGHT NOW for a 2 door charger.. not in 3 years
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Magnumcharger

Quote from: bull on December 06, 2007, 04:59:11 PM
Are you kidding? Is this for real? Chrysler is going to listen to us and make a new Charger that looks like a Charger should? Somebody shoot me because life ain't going to get any better if you're telling the truth. :icon_smile_big:

EDIT -- Hold on. Let me be perfectly clear on what I think since I have a fairly strong opinion and possibly an audience that can listen and do something about it (let's pretend for a moment that my opinion really matters :icon_smile_big:). If we're talking a two-door version of what we have now (as in your first link) I'm not interested. It's not just about door count is about the styling. First off, the current Charger has no styling cues that pay homage to the most popular and sought-after years, 68-70, and that's bad. Second, lose the friggin' crosshairs grill already. You've tied your styling hands by forcing designers to incorporate that grill into everything Dodge makes. Leave it for the trucks. When people see a good-looking car they are smart enough to figure out what it is, they go out of their way to figure it out, they don't need a grill to tell them. Third, lose the two rear doors and don't bring them back. Even the ugly Chargers prior to '06 only had two doors. If it has four doors it's not a Charger, it's an Intrepid or a Coronet or a Stratus or a Polara or a Dart or a Monaco, etc., not a Charger. If it has to have four doors name it something else. That said, most of us were pretty happy with the '99 concept because there was some effort to make it look like a classic Charger. That body coupled with the technology and powertrain of your current "Charger" would be pretty cool IMO. The '99 concept was a good start but how you got from that to what we have now is a frustrating mystery to many of us. In short, make the new Charger look like a classic Charger or "if you can't do it right don't do it at all."

BTW, welcome to the site. :2thumbs:

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

hemihead

I agree with most of what has been already stated. Except for the fact that not everyone considers the 2nd Gen Charger to be the best looking.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

RD

Quote from: hemihead on December 06, 2007, 06:33:45 PM
I agree with most of what has been already stated. Except for the fact that not everyone considers the 2nd Gen Charger to be the best looking.

LOL  awesome... i agree with him!!!!!
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

1969chargerrtse

Don't we have a post (survey) that says otherwise? :D
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

RD

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on December 06, 2007, 06:43:17 PM

it is a biased in inappropriate survey brought on by tainted viewpoints that are unwilling to accept a charger of any other body style that can outperform the 68-70 models either in the quarter mile or on the racetrack (i.e. Nascar). :D  :stirthepot:
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

68charger383

I liked this comment by HemiDakota on the SRT8 site who is supposed to be in the know with Chrysler:

2009 Dodge Challenger production will peak to 35,000 units....
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

The70RT

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on December 06, 2007, 06:43:17 PM

Yep and price kinda dictates what people want don't it?
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

T3/RT

Thanks for the welcome. Chryslers eyes are on the SRTforums site. Not this thread. Sorry if I wasnt clear. Ya definitely, If you can find my post on the SRTforums I stated "Its gonna take a lot more than making that thing a 2-door for it to be a Charger!" And to Bull, I have read your posts on this site a lot and I have to say just about anything I had to say about the 4-door Charger, I didnt have to post cuz you said it for me. (Please, If some of you like the new Charger dont get mad cuz I dont, that makes less sense than liking it). I dont want this thread to be about that car. :2thumbs:

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2005 Chrysler 300C

Brock Samson

T3/RT

From what I understand PVOman is saying this will be cy09 production on the new platform. So the next gen wont be anything like the current Charger.

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2005 Chrysler 300C

T3/RT

Quote from: Brock Samson on December 06, 2007, 07:35:42 PM
o.k. welcome!

So, why no mention of this on ALLPAR?..

Hi Brock, PVOmans comments are in the Challenger thread in the mopar news/rumors section.

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2005 Chrysler 300C

T3/RT

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on December 06, 2007, 06:03:47 PM
:popcrn:  Ummm, welcome to the site, love to hear what you can bring to the table.   Thanks for coming aboard, :2thumbs:     I'm Rob.

Gotta tell ya though Bull hit it on the head         "First off, the current Charger has no styling cues that pay homage to the most popular and sought-after years, 68-70, and that's bad. Second, lose the friggin' crosshairs grill already. You've tied your styling hands by forcing designers to incorporate that grill into everything Dodge makes. Leave it for the trucks. When people see a good-looking car they are smart enough to figure out what it is, they go out of their way to figure it out, they don't need a grill to tell them. Third, lose the two rear doors and don't bring them back. Even the ugly Chargers prior to '06 only had two doors. If it has four doors it's not a Charger, it's an Intrepid or a Coronet or a Stratus or a Polara or a Dart or a Monaco, etc., not a Charger. If it has to have four doors name it something else.

Thanks for the welcome Rob. This talk of a heritage division is awesome isnt it? I really think Cerberus gets it. They seem to be looking at the complaints/mistakes and fixing them. We will see.Think ahead as well, what if this catches on to Ford and Gm? The big 3 is looking for a way to generate excitement and this may be it. Imagine seeing all these cars on the road daily not to mention the attention they will get from the 2009 Nationwide series. High gas or not, this is just getting started, the cars are on the way. I think gas prices will fall, thats just a personal guess of mine ofcourse. Time will tell.

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2005 Chrysler 300C

TK73

Cool news   :2thumbs:

Just gotta say though:

" ... what if this catches on to Ford and Gm? "

Ford already got it, to the tune of 330,000 Mustangs in 3 1/2 model years...
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

70charginglizard

without the Charger scallop cues and shark mouth inspired grill coke bottle shape and a drive to do it as a 2 door or at least an option to have a 2 door version. The next version will never be the Charger I or a lot of other people here would like to see.
70charginglizard

T3/RT

Quote from: TK73 on December 06, 2007, 09:40:34 PM

Just gotta say though:

" ... what if this catches on to Ford and Gm? "

Ford already got it, to the tune of 330,000 Mustangs in 3 1/2 model years...

I`m saying what if Ford and GM decide to have their own heritage divisions. Using the Camaro/Mustang platforms and outsourcing the bodywork would not be too expensive to do and very possible. If Chrysler can pull it off why not Ford and GM?

That being said, I dont know what car other than the Mustang, Ford could use.  :hah: :shruggy:

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2005 Chrysler 300C

Steve P.

Quote from: T3/RT on December 06, 2007, 10:02:42 PM
Quote from: TK73 on December 06, 2007, 09:40:34 PM

That being said, I dont know what car other than the Mustang, Ford could use.  :hah: :shruggy:

By the way, welcome aboard...  and ah, you are not the only ghost we have watching us...  :coolgleamA:

I can think of a few.. Just pull out any old Hot Rod Mag. from the 60's or 70's. It will be loaded with cars that had style and class.
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Musicman

Interesting thread... Let's keep it rolling  :popcrn:

Oh yes, and Welcome Aboard  :cheers: