News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

diff cover: anyone use billet, chrome or powdered coated?

Started by joflaig, December 06, 2007, 10:53:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joflaig

I have been looking everywhere for more info on this without much luck. :brickwall:

If you have a mustang or a chevy it seems like your choices are infinite. Anyway, if anyone has done something interesting with their rear diff cover it would great to see some pics...and if anyone knows where to find a variety of non-stock covers for an 8 3/4 please post!

Charger74

Well, considering the 8 3/4 doesn't have a rear cover like most gm's do, maybe kind of hard to find one.  I suppose you could have something custom made and stick it on somehow (either weld, strap or bolt).  I have even thought that maybe doing something while having it powder coated.  But I guess the easiest would be to just paint it.

joflaig

Gee I guess that makes sense  :smilielol:

I guess it never occured to me that it wouldn't and I haven't been under there in a while.

Charger74

:icon_smile_big:  No problem, I think I made the same mistake many, many years ago as well. 

firefighter3931

68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

joflaig

That kit would do the job, but I'd just as soon swap in a real dana 60 than do that.

THAT BEING SAID, I think it could still be useful if we had some pics posted of anyone who is running an aftermarket cover!

Charger74

Quote from: firefighter3931 on December 06, 2007, 11:39:35 AM
Here's what you're looking for  :D

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,36710.0.html

Ron

NOW that is pretty funny Ron.  figures someone would create something like that and try to sell it for that much....   I agree, would rather have the real thing.