News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

need help with 1977 Cordoba

Started by 66mopar, December 04, 2007, 04:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

66mopar

1977 Cordoba with original equipment (lean burn).  Car hesitates under load,  runs ok under 50 mph with no quick acceleration.  At 70 MPH on interstate, engine cut out,
I pulled on side of road, pumped gas and after a few minutes it started up and blew the muffler.  Any Idea of problem and solution?

acelondon

im a noob, but id say you need a fuel pump. give it a new filter first, that will save some cash if thats the problem. sounds to me like its not being properly fed. also, check you air filter while your under the hood.

Steve P.

We would need more info than this, but I can tell you that every mopar I have ever owned that came to me with the LEAN BURN system on , left WITHOUT IT......  That system worked well for about 10 minutes.. It's knick name used to be PISTON BURN and VALVE BURN..

Your immediate problem can be many things, but since you bring up runs ok under 50 - acceleration and craps out at 70, my guessing meter is pointing toward ignition/coil. My first thought was fuel, but you said you pumped it a few times. I take that to mean you had fuel at the carb.  Of course that doesn't mean you had a good volume. Again, I am taking a stab at it with little to go on..
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Bandit72

Quote from: Steve P. on December 05, 2007, 10:27:43 PM
We would need more info than this, but I can tell you that every mopar I have ever owned that came to me with the LEAN BURN system on , left WITHOUT IT......  That system worked well for about 10 minutes.. It's knick name used to be PISTON BURN and VALVE BURN..

Your immediate problem can be many things, but since you bring up runs ok under 50 - acceleration and craps out at 70, my guessing meter is pointing toward ignition/coil. My first thought was fuel, but you said you pumped it a few times. I take that to mean you had fuel at the carb.  Of course that doesn't mean you had a good volume. Again, I am taking a stab at it with little to go on..

Everyone around here calls them the "shake and bake" computer system

2 worst things for computers/electronics is heat and vibration...so mopar puts there's on the air breather... :slap:
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....