News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hemi 69 Charger, you HAVE to see this!!!

Started by 1969chargerrtse, December 06, 2007, 05:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

Check out this magazine I just bought at Borders.  I couldn't believe it, this guy is a self made millionare in CA.  He has all the toys, Porsche, caddy, range rover, Jag. etc.. and a 69 Hemi Charger. Grab this mag and check out his story, he owns a rim and tire business.  Odd thing for me is, his business is in Bellflower CA.  His car is an RT SE Orange 69 Charger with wide tires.  The past owner said the only thing he can tell me about my car is he bought it in Bellflower CA, it is an RT SE, orange, and had wide tires in the rear and skinny tires up front.  I wrote him already and said I'm sure it's a wild shot but any chance you know anything about my car as I have no build sheet or fender tag, hope maybe, just maybe he knew of the car or past owner?  Ya never know. Also in there is another story about a self made with a newer Hemi Charger, with lots of pictures of that story and him melting the tires, but I can't post anymore pics on this thread.  Grab the mag, it's a good one.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

dodgecharger-fan

Should I just get all of the magazines or are you gonna share the name?   :nana:  :nana:  :nana:

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

dodgecharger-fan

DOH!

Those pics didn't show up a second ago!!!!

You ninja editor you...!!!

bull

Nice car. That owner looks dead serious about... everything.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: bull on December 06, 2007, 05:28:52 PM
Nice car. That owner looks dead serious about... everything.
Oh you are to funny, I'm still laughing.   :lol: :lol: :lol: You would be correct.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Magnumcharger

Looks to me he's suffering from "LMS"......
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

1969chargerrtse

Magnumcharger

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on December 06, 2007, 05:25:11 PM
Quote from: dodgecharger-fan on December 06, 2007, 05:22:40 PM
DOH!

Sorry I hit post by accident, then had to hurry and load pics under modify.  Geez, I posted it 1/2 minute ago and already it's read with complaints?  Only in America. ;D

I'm Canadian!   :icon_smile_cool:

I just happen to hit the site and see this thread - didn't really bother to check the post time.    :P

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: dodgecharger-fan on December 06, 2007, 06:30:48 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on December 06, 2007, 05:25:11 PM
Quote from: dodgecharger-fan on December 06, 2007, 05:22:40 PM
DOH!

Sorry I hit post by accident, then had to hurry and load pics under modify.  Geez, I posted it 1/2 minute ago and already it's read with complaints?  Only in America. ;D

I'm Canadian!   :icon_smile_cool:

I just happen to hit the site and see this thread - didn't really bother to check the post time.    :P
I just happened to hit post by accident, So you think you can hide behind those glasses. :nono:

1969chargerrtse

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Charger_Fan

That's pretty cool, I hope he has some info on your car. :2thumbs:

He should have done a different pose, or smiled, or something...ya know, like he's happy to have a Charger. :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: The70RT on December 06, 2007, 07:11:24 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on December 06, 2007, 06:34:52 PM
Quote from: Magnumcharger on December 06, 2007, 06:17:07 PM
"Little Man Syndrome"...
Oh, those people usually back up that look.

Yeah... his arms don't look so small.
He don't look small at all to me.  I like him, I'm sure he's a wonderful person. :icon_smile_big: :punkrocka: :nixon:

69_500

The car is probably an SE Charger that he has since added the HEMI to. As there were no factory HEMI RT/SE Chargers in 1969. Sad but true. Still would be a great cruiser.

Magnumcharger

RT DAVE

Ok, he prolly has that look on his face because the guy/gal who took the pic wanted him to do that.  Yes, he looks short.   If I remember correctly the top of the roof on mine is below my armpits, so that would make him short (I'm 6'5")...   

What's so great about the car?  If I was a millionaire, I would like to think I could do better than that...   No, I'm not jealous, it just sounds that way...   
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

remta1

no offence the vector style  wheels look fine but for someone who owns a custom wheel and tyre shop (if it was me  i would have  a wheel and tyre combo that just absolutley kicked ass !! , but i suppose its " whatever spins your wheels " .. pardon the pun  :Twocents: :smilielol: :smilielol:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 69_500 on December 06, 2007, 09:07:04 PM
The car is probably an SE Charger that he has since added the HEMI to. As there were no factory HEMI RT/SE Chargers in 1969. Sad but true. Still would be a great cruiser.
I never knew there were no RT/SE Hemi cars ?  I did notice it doesn't have the wood dash that an SE would have.  Beautiful car just the same, very beautiful, did we forget "426 Hemi" car!.

69_500

I'm still placing my bets that its either a factory 318 or 383 car, but I'll say that it probably is an SE Charger. Seeing as the car does have the pedal dress up package I'll say it was probably an SE, also having the SE badges. As far as the wood grain dash goes, he probably ditched that for the black dash as it blends in better with the black interior. I'm guessing that the car wasn't an R/T due to the stripe on the car. The bezels are painted body color, which most "body shops" who might have painted it would have just painted them whatever color the rest of the car was. Rather than painting them to match the stripe they would add later. Now if it was a factory RT/SE the bezels would have been already painted to match the stripe, that is unless it is a V88 stripe delete car. But if it was a stripe delete car they would have had to filled in the holes where the badges were on the quarter panels. I'm just full of theories aren't I?

Who thinks that it was an AT on the column car that he made into an AT on the floor? Seeing as it doesn't have a console, I figure if it was a console car to begin with, he would have left the console in the car.

PocketThunder

Quote from: 69_500 on December 07, 2007, 04:35:18 PM
I'm still placing my bets that its either a factory 318 or 383 car, but I'll say that it probably is an SE Charger. Seeing as the car does have the pedal dress up package I'll say it was probably an SE, also having the SE badges. As far as the wood grain dash goes, he probably ditched that for the black dash as it blends in better with the black interior. I'm guessing that the car wasn't an R/T due to the stripe on the car. The bezels are painted body color, which most "body shops" who might have painted it would have just painted them whatever color the rest of the car was. Rather than painting them to match the stripe they would add later. Now if it was a factory RT/SE the bezels would have been already painted to match the stripe, that is unless it is a V88 stripe delete car. But if it was a stripe delete car they would have had to filled in the holes where the badges were on the quarter panels. I'm just full of theories aren't I?

Who thinks that it was an AT on the column car that he made into an AT on the floor? Seeing as it doesn't have a console, I figure if it was a console car to begin with, he would have left the console in the car.

i'll buy that for a dollar!  (gosh what movie was that line from?)
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

Quote from: PocketThunder on December 07, 2007, 04:45:16 PM
Quote from: 69_500 on December 07, 2007, 04:35:18 PM

i'll buy that for a dollar!  (gosh what movie was that line from?)
robo cop one
great line
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

GeneralLeeTESH

I spoke with our team-driver "Fish"...he'd offer his test-driving services immediately and for a small fee (he needs new driving-glasses an all...)
Can you HEMI now ???
:scratchchin:
The TESH