News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Chevy Hemi..............that's right.......Chevy.....302 cid

Started by BigBlackDodge, December 05, 2007, 09:31:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlackDodge

Okay..........so it's a Semi-Hemi. The guy I work with was telling me about this car, though I'd share.

http://www.guinns-engineering.com/Quang%20Le%20Hemi.htm

BBD

RD

congrats on chevy for finally jumping on the poly 318 bandwagon... hehe only took them 8 years after mopar snicker snicker
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

skip68

Never took off .   I guess somethings you just can't try and copy.  :slap:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

hemihead

GM's motto " If you can't beat, copy it "  or get the Racing Association to outlaw it.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

ACUDANUT

Awe who gives a rats about Old GM cars. We are a (charger) Mopar club. :Twocents:

Ghoste

If the others didn't win some races, there'd be no need to come up with things like hemispherical heads.  Seeing GM trying to copy Chrysler engineering (and that is by no means the sole GM hemi copy incident) is a bit of a pat on the back.  I like hearing about that stuff.

Johnny Daytona

Quote from: BigBlackDodge on December 05, 2007, 09:31:44 PM
Okay..........so it's a Semi-Hemi. The guy I work with was telling me about this car, though I'd share.

BBD
THAT IS NOT EVEN A SIMI HEMI. GO TELL YOUR BUDDY THAT HE IS TOTALY WRONG. What we have here is Chevy trying to duplicate the Boss 302 Ford. I have seen the engine that is in that very car dissasembled and the heads looks just like a cleveland Ford. Canted Valves and port design. It is so close that you could use the same gaskets with a little mods. My firend that built that engine and I laughed about it being a Ford.
70 daytona clone, still building it<br />53-392 hemi stude chop top starlight cp<br />66 corvette cp My daily driver

BigBlackDodge

Quote from: Johnny Daytona on December 06, 2007, 07:47:37 AM
Quote from: BigBlackDodge on December 05, 2007, 09:31:44 PM

BBD
THAT IS NOT EVEN A SIMI HEMI. GO TELL YOUR BUDDY THAT HE IS TOTALY WRONG. What we have here is Chevy trying to duplicate the Boss 302 Ford. I have seen the engine that is in that very car dissasembled and the heads looks just like a cleveland Ford. Canted Valves and port design. It is so close that you could use the same gaskets with a little mods. My firend that built that engine and I laughed about it being a Ford.

Jeez................just posting a link in the 'automotive' section.............don't panic, it's going to be okay. :eyes:

BBD

Johnny Daytona

no worries   your right, sorry  i was just trying to set the story straight . john
70 daytona clone, still building it<br />53-392 hemi stude chop top starlight cp<br />66 corvette cp My daily driver

BigBlackDodge

ACUDANUT

BTW folks, the Ford Boss 429 is more of a Hemi than that Chevy 302. :Twocents:
Hey anyone ever priced a Boss 429 ??  They cost more than a 426 Hemi. :shruggy:

dpm68

BTW folks, the Ford Boss 429 is more of a Hemi than that Chevy 302. 
Hey anyone ever priced a Boss 429 ??  They cost more than a 426 Hemi.
Rare is rare, I guess. What were the production figures on those anyway?

hemihead

Quote from: dpm68 on December 07, 2007, 03:53:45 PM
  BTW folks, the Ford Boss 429 is more of a Hemi than that Chevy 302. 
Hey anyone ever priced a Boss 429 ??  They cost more than a 426 Hemi.
And the old 426 is more of a Hemi than the new ones.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Charger_Fan

Quote from: dpm68 on December 07, 2007, 03:53:45 PM
From the Boss-nine Registry...

1969 production ran from January 1969 through July 1969. Total units produced: 859. This includes 2 - 1969 Boss Cougars.
1970 production started in August of 1969 and ran through December 1969. Total units produced: 500. This includes 2 - 1970 Quarter-Horse Mustangs.
Total production for the Boss 429 Mustang; including the two 1969 Cougars and two 1970 Quarter-Horses: 1359 vehicles.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)