News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68-70 charger guys is this right?

Started by mikesbbody, December 04, 2007, 10:04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pettyfan43

383 R/T? Challenger YES , Charger and Coronet NOPE!

A383Wing

OK....here is the DOHC Hemi.....sorry to hijack thread.

Bryan

mikesbbody

pettyfan, that's possibly what he was thinking? A383wing dont apoligise, i was very interested to see that pic of the DOHC hemi. But im guessing...that's no street motor  :lol: high compression, big h.p and torque a shame it wasnt to be.

472 R/T SE

Yep, in the '70 Challenger R/T, the 383 was the base option motor.  Someone most likely got their Charger & Challenger bodies mixed up.

The dude said it was all 2nd generation Chargers so I doubt they were thinking e body.  Just lack of correct knowledge & denial.

mikesbbody

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on December 05, 2007, 09:42:11 PM
Yep, in the '70 Challenger R/T, the 383 was the base option motor.  Someone most likely got their Charger & Challenger bodies mixed up.
yeah, i agree it just annoyed me since i satrted to doubt myself!  :smilielol: which is why i posted just incase i was wrong.

Mike DC

You guys are forgetting about the "Challenger" option on '70 Chargers.  The rare 1970 Charger Challenger R/T Rallye with the Tri-motor 413 Hemi. 

I had one back in the day.  Richard Petty himself wanted to buy it from me but I wouldn't sell.

mikesbbody

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on December 05, 2007, 10:56:05 PM

You guys are forgetting about the "Challenger" option on '70 Chargers.  The rare 1970 Charger Challenger R/T Rallye with the Tri-motor 413 Hemi. 

I had one back in the day.  Richard Petty himself wanted to buy it from me but I wouldn't sell.

I thought i was the only one with that rare optioned e body  :smilielol:

Ghoste

Hah!  I had one but it was a 69.  Rare prototype version and it was Chrysler that wanted to buy mine cuz they accidentally left a carb on there that helped me 72 mpg effortlessly.  They tried to force to sell it to them by saying that I should have never been able to find a secret prototype e body Charger like that in the first place but I threatened to sue them and tell the world about the carb so they backed off.

70 Charger RT

Here's a pic of the VIN on my 70 RT /6. (it's actually a factory mistake, the car had a 440 in it when my brother bought the car new).
70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

moparstuart

Quote from: A383Wing on December 05, 2007, 08:48:11 PM
OK....here is the DOHC Hemi.....sorry to hijack thread.

Bryan

I read an artical once about a one off proto type chrysler Ball stud hemi that dick landy owned ? what the difference ? between these ?
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Mike DC

The early 70s "ball stud Hemi" actually would have been cool if it had been produced. 

It was the propsed next step in the big block Hemi development.  Basically coming up with a way to put Hemi-ish heads onto a standard 440 wedge block without all the 426H drawbacks.  The weight/width of the cylinder head castings, the head-bolt situation on the block, etc.  It wouldn't have been quite as powerful as the 426 Hemi, but it would probably have made it into a couple hundred thousand cars/trucks in the 70s/80s and it would have been virtually as streetable as the wedge motors.

moparstuart

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on December 06, 2007, 05:23:21 PM
The early 70s "ball stud Hemi" actually would have been cool if it had been produced. 

It was the propsed next step in the big block Hemi development.  Basically coming up with a way to put Hemi-ish heads onto a standard 440 wedge block without all the 426H drawbacks.  The weight/width of the cylinder head castings, the head-bolt situation on the block, etc.  It wouldn't have been quite as powerful as the 426 Hemi, but it would probably have made it into a couple hundred thousand cars/trucks in the 70s/80s and it would have been virtually as streetable as the wedge motors.

great for some reason i was thinking it was DOHC also , guess i terrible memory was mixing the two up.   thanks for the info 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE