News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fastener kits and repop door panels

Started by 71butterbee, November 15, 2007, 10:20:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

71butterbee

How correct are the fastener kits being offered. Im thinking about buying an interior one but I just want to make sure they use the correct style fasteners.

Also how are the repop upper door panels for the 71 Charger from legendary?

Thanks

Troy

The fastener kits aren't "correct" as far as I know. If you have no screws or rusty screws and just need something to hold your car together then they are ideal. If you want the right stuff then you almost have to buy it piece by piece from someone like A&M High Tech (Bill Allphin) or R/T Specialties.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Ghoste

Is that true even of some of the places that "specialize" in fastener kits Troy?  I'm thinking of places like Penstar Productions (I think that's the name?) and one or two others.

gtx6970

Some kits offered are not oe correct , some are. if it's a factor , Ask first before buying.

In all the kits I put together,  I try my best to put kits together with all OE level fasteners - in regards to finishes and head markings. Problem is , Some fasteners are not avail with OE markings right now.

Just as an example , I'm putting kits together Today  for 1966-70 B-body ft fenders. Every fastener is OE level in regards to plating, and head markings . What you have to keep in mind is Chrysler used AT LEAST 5 or 6 different head markings on fender bolts. Currently there only 2 of these markings  avail.,,,,One of these is plated in-correctly. BUT once it's all painted,,,, plating is no longer an issue.
And it's the same exact price as some generik kits offered today. You get every bolt, clip , stud and nut to mount a B-body fender to the car. As far as I know NO ONE sells an OE level fender bolt kit like this.

BTW, so called interior kits will be the last area I get into.

2 currently avail fender bolts shown-