News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Not for Sale & rotting -Cuda

Started by 4forty, November 29, 2007, 03:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The70RT

Quote from: Dave22443 on December 05, 2007, 09:47:32 PM
Quote from: The70RT on December 05, 2007, 07:04:39 PM
Letting a car set outside with a tarp on it does just as much damage as one with one on it.

Huh?   :-\

What I mean is to a certain extent, a short period is fine. When the car sits outside the temperature & humidity go up and down & the car will sweat covered or uncovered, and takes a long time to dry under whatever the car is covered with. The ground always contains moister and will rust the bottom and moister rises in evaporation and gets in interior also and molds. Winds whip the cover then leaves thin spots which eventually start rusting.

I got a car that was stored inside a non climate controlled garage since 1976 a few years ago. It was running when parked. It had rusted everything underneath the car including floors. The brake and metal fuel lines had rust holes are every few inches. When the concrete sweated so did the car. So a car that sat outside under a cover for a long time  :rotz: ..... :Twocents:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Steve P.

Maybe we should all have our say and ask nicely on here. Then you can print it out and bring it to her with all of us begging....   :D
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida