News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Ravens came ever SO CLOSE in beating the Pat's !!!!

Started by hemi68charger, December 04, 2007, 10:43:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Man, I was clued to the TV.. Can't believe the misfortune of the Ravens.. Should have won the game, but alas, the Pat's are blessed. This time, it was a time out !!!!

I'm a life-long Dolphin's fan, so I was excited in thinking the Pat's were going down.............

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Lowprofile

"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

moparstuart

Quote from: hemi68charger on December 04, 2007, 10:43:17 AM
Man, I was clued to the TV.. Can't believe the misfortune of the Ravens.. Should have won the game, but alas, the Pat's are blessed. This time, it was a time out !!!!

I'm a life-long Dolphin's fan, so I was excited in thinking the Pat's were going down.............

Troy
starting to really hate  the PATS !!!!!!  and belichec
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

The70RT

That was an iffy call on that last TD. I think he was juggling it. They easily could have reversed it. It shows that they are beatable.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

hemi68charger

Quote from: The70RT on December 04, 2007, 11:04:20 AM
That was an iffy can on that last TD. I think he was juggling it. They easily could have reversed it. It shows that they are beatable.

Yeap, if it wasn't for the coaching staff of Baltimore calling the time out, the game would have gone the other way.... But, again, like said,, a win is a win....
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

Afflyer

Cheatriots should've lost last night.  No doubt, "Pretty Boy" pulled a win out of his arse, with much thanks to the Raven's defense who ran out of energy in the last two minutes of the game.

I watched the post-game coverage and the interviews-  :brickwall: "Pretty Boy" went over the top with his cockyness "I don't know who called the time out- doesn't matter anyway, I would've gotten the first down." (with his shit-eatin grin).  :brickwall:

It's not envy I feel for Brady- it's loathing.  There is a such a remarkable world of difference between Brady and Manning.  Yet, the reporters and commentators on CBS, ESPN, NFL network, etc., continuously compare the two.  You can in the numbers game, but it stops there.  Beyond that- as differences go, Peyton is a true gentleman and such an unassuming man, as humble as can be.  "Pretty Boy" on the other hand is the polar opposite in all aspects of life off the field.

Again, it's not jealousy, it's just simply shaking my head at him in discust.  :rotz:  He's a great quarterback, no doubt.  But Peyton wins by much wider margins in the bigger picture of a man.

:Twocents:
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

4forty

The Pats are going to stomp every remaining team into the dirt on their way to the Superbowl and Brady and the team deserve every bit of allocades because they're awesome and play on a higher level than most teams. There's alot of sour grapes out there................give due where it's deserved and prepare for your team to be crushed next.

BMOTOXSTAR

Sooo close yet so far away......... :popcrn: :smilielol:
(Hall & Oats) Circa 1983
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

TeeWJay426

Yep, was holding my breath till the final whistle of that one.... Baltimore managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory... in more ways than one. Depending on which Steelers team shows up next week, they could be tested again- gotta wonder how long the luck can hold out.
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

hemi68charger

Quote from: 4forty on December 04, 2007, 12:24:09 PM
The Pats are going to stomp every remaining team into the dirt on their way to the Superbowl and Brady and the team deserve every bit of allocades because they're awesome and play on a higher level than most teams. There's alot of sour grapes out there................give due where it's deserved and prepare for your team to be crushed next.

They are good !!! But, crush? Philly and Baltimore was nowhere near a crush, the later was flat out lucky........
Troy

70 Battle Horse

Quote from: Afflyer on December 04, 2007, 11:49:15 AM
Cheatriots should've lost last night.  No doubt, "Pretty Boy" pulled a win out of his arse, with much thanks to the Raven's defense who ran out of energy in the last two minutes of the game.

I watched the post-game coverage and the interviews-  :brickwall: "Pretty Boy" went over the top with his cockyness "I don't know who called the time out- doesn't matter anyway, I would've gotten the first down." (with his shit-eatin grin).  :brickwall:

It's not envy I feel for Brady- it's loathing.  There is a such a remarkable world of difference between Brady and Manning.  Yet, the reporters and commentators on CBS, ESPN, NFL network, etc., continuously compare the two.  You can in the numbers game, but it stops there.  Beyond that- as differences go, Peyton is a true gentleman and such an unassuming man, as humble as can be.  "Pretty Boy" on the other hand is the polar opposite in all aspects of life off the field.

Again, it's not jealousy, it's just simply shaking my head at him in discust.  :rotz:  He's a great quarterback, no doubt.  But Peyton wins by much wider margins in the bigger picture of a man.

At least " pretty boy " isnt whoring himself around, by doing a slew of goofy- dumb arse commercials.  :scratchchin:

Best 1/4 run so far 12.7 @ 108 mph

400/6/PAC

Gotta admitt
The Raven's gave em hell, But a winning team knows that it aint over untill the fat lady sing's
The patriot's can be beat but no team has been able to play to the final tick.

The70RT

Quote from: 70 Battle Horse on December 04, 2007, 05:28:50 PM
Quote from: Afflyer on December 04, 2007, 11:49:15 AM

At least " pretty boy " isnt whoring himself around, by doing a slew of goofy- dumb arse commercials.  :scratchchin:

No he just does movies instead ::) (the breakup, Vince Vaughn)
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1FastCharger

I don't ever want to wish something bad to someone over a game, but Tom Brady & torn ACL are a few words I would like to hear in the same sentence.
66 A100 - 68 Charger - 69 Charger

69_500

I'm with Troy on this one, also being a life long Dolphins fan, I'm definately rooting for each of the last 4 teams that play the pats to put a stop to their "perfect" season. Then again it would be  :smilielol: if they went 16-0 and then lost in the first round of the playoffs.

forget who made the comment about Manning being so humble, but I dsiagree with that as well. He definately isn't over the top, but he does his fare share of gloating as well. Its funny how people here in Indianapolis were all so star crazy when he was passing for 49 TD's in a season, but when its another QB doing the same thing its showboating, or gloating. Brady is just on a roll this year, and Manning was 2 years ago, and Marino was in 1984. Its no different than LT doing his 32 rushing TD's last year. No one was complaining about the Charger running up the score in the last few weeks when they just kept giving LT the ball to score in games that were already decided. I say if you can beat a team by 50 then beat them by 50. Its up to another team to shut you down, not up to yourself to limit your own scoring opprotunities. Thats like asking an older brother to take it easy on you in a pickup game. You know he wouldn't, and that he would try to pound you by as much as he can. Which in turn is the only way you really ever get better yourself.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on December 04, 2007, 11:30:12 PM
I'm with Troy on this one, also being a life long Dolphins fan, I'm definately rooting for each of the last 4 teams that play the pats to put a stop to their "perfect" season. Then again it would be  :smilielol: if they went 16-0 and then lost in the first round of the playoffs.

Danny, I like that one...............  Maybe the Dolphins themselves will squish the Pats and save the Undefeated '72 'Fins............... Naaaaaaaaaaaaa, it won't happen with them.......  Go Steelers !!!!!
Troy

RT DAVE

I couldn't care less if they lose as long as they don't beat my team in the SB.  Go Pack Go!   Ya, I know, the 'Boys beat us (again)...   Don't care until the Playoffs come around...   
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

dodgeboy67

Quote from: 4forty on December 04, 2007, 12:24:09 PM

BOTTOM LINE .....THE PATS CHEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEIR "LEGACY" IS TAINTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND BOTH BRADY AND BELLICHEAT ARE JACKASSES!!!!!!!!!!!!

I DONT CARE THAT THEY HAVE TO BEAT TEAMS BY 20+ POINTS  (AFTER ALL, THATS WHAT THEY ARE PAID TO DO) , BUT THE WAY THEY ACT AS THEY DO IT  IS PATHETIC.....

I  WOULD RATHER  HAVE RYAN LEAF AS MY QUARTERBACK........BRADY IS GETTING TO BE A REAL FIRST CLASS ASS BAG

IN FACT , THE ONLY THING WORSE THAN A PATRIOT, IS A PATRIOT FAN  , WHO THINKS THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE WAY THE CHEATRIOTS ACT ON THE FIELD

BRADY ISNT HALF AS CLASSY AS ELWAY, FARVE , OR MANNING :Twocents: :stirthepot:

4forty

give me a break!......everyone knows they did nothing more than most other teams also do, even shula admitted it.

"Don Shula doesn't think there should be an asterisk after all. The Hall of Fame coach, whose comments earlier this week that the "Spygate" scandal surrounding the New England Patriots would taint a possible undefeated season, sought to clarify himself on Thursday. Speaking on ESPN radio's "Mike and Mike in the morning" show, Shula said it was not his place to decide whether an asterisk should be associated with the Patriots should they run the table and join his 1972 Miami Dolphins as the only undefeated teams in the history of the modern day NFL. "If they run the table and they win all the games, then they're doing it within the rules of the National Football League," Shula said.

Brady and Belichick and the Pats have EARNED everything they busted their butts for!   so go cry 67..........and probaly lock thread Troy.

1FastCharger

I'm a Steelers fan, but Farve and Montana are my two favorite QBs of all time.
66 A100 - 68 Charger - 69 Charger

dodgeboy67

ahhhhhhhh ..............................spoken like a true pats fan......thanx for proving my point , mr. forty
i guess you have to ask yourself,
are you mad cuz i said it? or are you mad cuz it is true?

and ..... im not crying just stating my opinion!!!!!!............(WAIT............................... LET ME CHECK .....................YUP , ..............THIS IS STILL THE USA, .................)

:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: ...........this is crying!!!!!!!!!

4forty

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

dodgeboy67

Quote from: 4forty on December 06, 2007, 03:58:54 PM
whatever, I'm done...................

OK TAKE YOUR BALL AND GO HOME THEN......TRUTH HURTS HUH????

Troy

Do we need to ban football threads now? What a bunch of whiners. Here's a tip: it's a game!

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.