News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Power Steering Pump Pulley Belt for 1969 Dodge Charger w/440

Started by 69RTSE, December 04, 2007, 01:48:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69RTSE

There are two belts for a 1969 Dodge Charger with Power Steering.  One is 44" and the other is 40.75.  I am assuming the difference is due to different power steering units.  Saginaw vs another type.  My additional assumption is that the Saginaw pump with the wide pulley is the 44" belt.  I looked this up in the parts book and it didn't shed any light.  Anyone know the answer.  Thanks.

Just 6T9 CHGR

The belt I have on my 69 440 with the Saginaw pump is Mopar # B0013441 which is a 44" long belt.

The alt belt is B0013461 which is a 46" long belt
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

mikepmcs

Chris,
Can you point me to another picture of your pump set up.  I'm having issues with my saginaw.  It does not line up correctly with the crank pulley.  It's actually kicked out on the bottom.  Hard to explain but i'm looking for a good picture of the set up so I can see if the guy who put it together put something on wrong.  I am supposed to have a saginaw, correct?  383.  My coronet has the federal deal so I can't look to that one and compare.

Thanks
v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

COKE

Is your pulley bolted to the pump or it is pressed on?
69´Charger R/T,440 ,4-speed,Dana 60 3.55.

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Just 6T9 CHGR

This help any Mike?
Really can only go on one way....brackets bolt to the pump body then brackets to the WP housing...no spacers etc
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

mikepmcs

That might be the issue.  A couple of spacers are in the mix. :scratchchin:  In the rear lower bolt(closest to motor) I found a 1/4 solid spacer in there.  Maybe my back bracket is bent or something.  I also found the front most lower bolt(bottom center behind pulley) is not even there.  Putting that in and removing that rear spacer might do the trick.  We'll see.
I'm back at it tonight.  I'd take pictures but I'm afraid you will throw up. :lol: 
I appreciate your time Sir.

v/r
Mike

firefighter3931

Mike, it sounds like your PS brackets are "tweaked"...or posessed.  :devil:

Maybe some holy water will help the situation.  :lol:

Bouchillion sells nice replacement brackets if you need them.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

maxwellwedge

Quote from: 69RTSE on December 04, 2007, 01:48:19 AM
There are two belts for a 1969 Dodge Charger with Power Steering.  One is 44" and the other is 40.75.  I am assuming the difference is due to different power steering units.  Saginaw vs another type.  My additional assumption is that the Saginaw pump with the wide pulley is the 44" belt.  I looked this up in the parts book and it didn't shed any light.  Anyone know the answer.  Thanks.

Small block - Federal Pump
Big Block - Saginaw pump

Not sure which one is which but from the other post, sounds like the 44" is the ticket.

mikepmcs

"I have exercised the demons. this house..is clear"(in my best ace ventura)

I actually had to move the pump towards the firewall by shimming behind the front bracket(nothing outrageous and you cant see anything).  Might not be 100% correct but it's straight.