News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

GO CHIEFS !! Other team talks welcomed.

Started by ACUDANUT, December 03, 2007, 05:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The70RT

I was getting ready to leave work yesterday and go home and get a nap in after being up most of the night after a family member announced he had cancer and it is pro :rotz:bably terminal  :rotz: my son called me 15 min before I left work and asked me if me and mom wanted free tickets. He said a friend on Facebook I.m. him and asked could he use 2  tickets. He already had a couple so we got lower level endzone row 26. Great game but got home at 2am and only got 2-1/2 hours again. So I'm dragging butt again today but glad I went.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ponch ®

Gotta give credit to the Chiefs....a month ago you fans were talking about a lost season and firing the coach...now theyre on a 3 way tie for first. I will admit, I was rooting for them last night, though it was under duress because I hate the Chargers even more.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

nvrbdn

man dont take this wrong (with the bad news you have gotten from relatives over the last several months)  im glad we arent related. i really feel for you and yours and as your friend I will keep your family in my prayers. but there was some happy screaming at that game. glad you got to enjoy that. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

Quote from: Ponch ® on November 01, 2011, 12:13:54 PM
Gotta give credit to the Chiefs....a month ago you fans were talking about a lost season and firing the coach...now theyre on a 3 way tie for first. I will admit, I was rooting for them last night, though it was under duress because I hate the Chargers even more.

i know the feeling ponch,have the same feelings between a few teams. my hardest game is when dallas is playing denver. who do i hate the most. (gotta be denver though). i was screaming and about to go to bed mad when rivers fumbled that snap.then the night mellowed. ;D
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

ACUDANUT

It was a great game, we got lucky.... However, I am glad the Chiefs won. I think San Diego was the better team..Rivers was the better QB, and he had better pass protection than we did.
I'll still take the win.  :cheers:

Budnicks

Quote from: nvrbdn on November 01, 2011, 08:30:51 AM
wow, the chiefs can show some real play and look good ( just like the rams acted like a real pro football team sunday) then self destruct. but in the end, its still a win. and ball movement was great in overtime. go chiefs. and it was a perfect day for me, dallas got beat, denver got walloped (yea lions) and the chiefs won. plus in my football pool for monday night i had 3 for the chiefs and 0 for the chargers. 75 bucks for the final score  :2thumbs:
I'm with ya on the Lions win & I can't say it hurts my feeling when Dallas looses also {not a Romo fan at all}, your head coach  :hah: Tod Haley is still a chump though, he takes "way too long to get plays in to Cassel"  :brickwall: {who looked like shit early} & Tod Haley looks like a freaken bum on the sideline {I know it's some bullshit winning streak deal, but he looks worse than Bill Bellicheck, with that hoody, sweat stained hat & beard, that's pretty bad for a Head Coach in the NFL},  :hah: he was always a chump O.C. at S.F. also, that's why the team hated him there, always fighting with players & ultimately got rid of his ass because of it... Now you guys have a team with a winning record too route for at least  :2thumbs: ...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

nvrbdn

thats one thing thats right, a lot of the coaches these days look like bums brought from the alley to stand on the sidelines. these guys are supposed to represent the team and city. tore up sweats and faded sweat stained hats look pretty sad.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

472 R/T SE

Quote from: ACUDANUT on November 01, 2011, 01:09:32 PM
It was a great game, we got lucky.... However, I am glad the Chiefs won. I think San Diego was the better team..Rivers was the better QB, and he had better pass protection than we did.
I'll still take the win.  :cheers:

Yes, Rivers was & will always be a better QB than anything we put on the field.  But I think our WR corps are one of the best in the NFL right now.  Haley brought Baldwin along slowly & if there's one thing Haley knows, it's WRs'.

River's has won a hell of a lot more games than he's lost for them so I would think he gets a pass on last night.  What I find crazy is #96 (Studebaker) ends up with the football.  Just goes to show football players are right when they say you don't wanna know what goes on in those piles.

Ponch ®

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on November 01, 2011, 05:49:17 PM

River's has won a hell of a lot more games than he's lost for them so I would think he gets a pass on last night.  

...except when it counts . The Chargers have been the big fish in the little pond AFC West for the past 7-8 years, running roughshod over it's mediocre conference rivals only to get sent home by a team from the East in the playoffs. But now that the other teams in the conference are catching up, theyre being exposed. As long as Rivers is the QB, they will NEVER win the big one. The biggest bonehead move they ever made was letting Brees get away.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

The70RT

Quote from: nvrbdn on November 01, 2011, 12:17:27 PM
man dont take this wrong (with the bad news you have gotten from relatives over the last several months)  im glad we arent related. i really feel for you and yours and as your friend I will keep your family in my prayers. but there was some happy screaming at that game. glad you got to enjoy that. :2thumbs:

Thanks buddy.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ACUDANUT

Rivers could have sat in a chair (most of the time) and drank a beer, then get up to make a throw. :Twocents:
He had great pass protection from his Offensive line on his last game, against the Chiefs.  :brickwall:

TheGhost

Miami vs KC next week.  I'm picking KC to win, since we seem to be giving games away these past couple of weeks...
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

472 R/T SE

Quote from: TheGhost on November 01, 2011, 11:47:40 PM
Miami vs KC next week.  I'm picking KC to win, since we seem to be giving games away these past couple of weeks...

My 1st thought was, not so quick now Miami just about won Sunday.  So I looked up their opponent & seen it was the Giants.

Depends which Giants team they almost beat.  The one that got throttled by Seattle at home or the other one in determining how good the Fish are.

nvrbdn

yep the giants are 2 different teams. they should have destroyed seattle at home. got taken to the cleaners. and then squeaked out a win last week. im starting to think they are not that good and have a few shinning moments like the rams. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Chris G.

Quote from: Ponch ® on November 01, 2011, 06:11:58 PM
The biggest bonehead move they ever made was letting Brees get away.

That's easy to say now, but at the time Brees knew his days were up in SD with Rivers waiting 2 years to play. Brees had a horrible injury and it couldn't have happened at a worse time in his career, but thankfully (for me) he signed up with my Saints and the rest is history.

Yes Rivers is having a bad year, but in just 6 short years he is by far better than any Faider QB EVER. The whole "win the big one" stigma put on QB's is so far beyond reality, but it is how the media looks at things. Brees would have never won the SB without a monster pick from Tracy P. against Minn in the NFC Championship game. Looking back at the Saints run, Brees carried them on his back alot, but the D had an incredible +/- ratio and that did wonders for us.

I wouldn't trade Rivers for anybody, and it's not too shabby having Brees and Rivers in my corner. You can sit back and hope Palmer is your answer, while you totally dumped Campbell.

It's funny how you label Rivers as the reason we will never win anything. No mention of LT quitting in the playoffs two years in a row, or Nate Kaeding missing chip shots to move ahead. Oh well...

With all that said, please fire Norv. He took a 14-2 team and wrecked them.

Budnicks

Quote from: Chris G. on November 02, 2011, 06:28:37 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on November 01, 2011, 06:11:58 PM
The biggest bonehead move they ever made was letting Brees get away.

That's easy to say now, but at the time Brees knew his days were up in SD with Rivers waiting 2 years to play. Brees had a horrible injury and it couldn't have happened at a worse time in his career, but thankfully (for me) he signed up with my Saints and the rest is history.

Yes Rivers is having a bad year, but in just 6 short years he is by far better than any Faider QB EVER. The whole "win the big one" stigma put on QB's is so far beyond reality, but it is how the media looks at things. Brees would have never won the SB without a monster pick from Tracy P. against Minn in the NFC Championship game. Looking back at the Saints run, Brees carried them on his back alot, but the D had an incredible +/- ratio and that did wonders for us.

I wouldn't trade Rivers for anybody, and it's not too shabby having Brees and Rivers in my corner. You can sit back and hope Palmer is your answer, while you totally dumped Campbell.

It's funny how you label Rivers as the reason we will never win anything. No mention of LT quitting in the playoffs two years in a row, or Nate Kaeding missing chip shots to move ahead. Oh well...

With all that said, please fire Norv. He took a 14-2 team and wrecked them.
I can remember 4 really good QB's that went to 5 Super Bowls 1 in the 60's, 1 in the 70's, 2 in the 80's & 2002 with the Raiders & won 3 of them Lamonica 1 loss, Stabler 1 win, Plunkit 2 wins, Gannon 1 loss... How many from Saints & Chargers hum lets see... 1 each- Saints, Breese 1 win, Chargers Freizen {spelling?} 1 loss, your 2 teams 2 total appearances over 50 years that's not to good in my book...   Campbell wasn't dumped he's out for a minimum of 6-8 weeks with a broken clavicle collar bone & had to have surgery & Kyle Boller sucks, Terrel Pryor isn't ready, what do think they should have done just give away 8 games with out trying ?...  

ACUDANUT

I'll take Rivers anyday here in KC... Except we can't protect a QB to save our lives. :Twocents:

Budnicks

Quote from: ACUDANUT on November 03, 2011, 12:47:39 PM
I'll take Rivers anyday here in KC... Except we can't protect a QB to save our lives. :Twocents:
I think really that's kind of a league trend, the defenses are getting so much better, at a faster rate, than the blocking on offense, there is too much emphases on skilled players instead of "getting good line men first" that can protect the QB & block the quicker faster defensive players, then build a team around them...

Chris G.

moparstuart

we are back to weeks  one and two  and those teams are good 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

472 R/T SE

Quote from: Chris G. on November 06, 2011, 03:42:36 PM
Quote from: 472 R/T SE on November 05, 2011, 06:33:55 PM
Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qqDsJ58NrlQ

That is one kick ass video, thanks for posting.

I will certainly enjoy your installment this week. :2thumbs:

Ha...you're a funny guy.  I thought the beard angle was comical.  The way they played last Monday night I figured Haley would need to throw that rotten hat away.

It's time:

I've never been the type to homer it up.  As a matter of fact I was worried about today's game if you look back a few threads.  Commentators kept making excuses for a short week to prepare.  Good teams overcome those situations. 

The guy who made that video usually makes some good .gifs' too win or lose.  Maybe he'll make up a video.  If he does I'll make sure to post it just for you.

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

472 R/T SE

WOW, what's going on with Phylis Rivers?  GB defense is gonna eventually wear out if they keep pick sixin'.

ACUDANUT

Yep, the Chiefs are in deed, "back to normal".  The Dolphins had nothing to lose.